Windows 10: can cortana write an email or can i use to write with microsoft word?

Discus and support can cortana write an email or can i use to write with microsoft word? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi about cortana , can it write an email , i mean the body and can i use to use it and write a word document because i bought word 2010 ,that's... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by drugo, Feb 7, 2016.

1. drugo Win User

can cortana write an email or can i use to write with microsoft word?

Hi
    about cortana , can it write an email , i mean the body and can i use to use it and write a word document

because i bought word 2010 ,that's pretty old
    thanks

:)

drugo, Feb 7, 2016

2. Cortana with 2 languages.

I know Cortana support for spanish will come some day, but I want that somebody from the product group at Microsoft read this and take this in serious consideration.

My main 2 languages are english and spanish, and I want that my windows phone I can use both, for example for writing emails.

Examples:

Cortana, write an email in english to:

Cortana, write an email in spanish to:

Then cortana will auto correct/detect the language for writing or spelling that email.

One big problem I have now, as I want to use Cortana, I set it to english, united stated.

But when I want to write an email in spanish, the new way to type does not auto correct spanish, just english, so I cant use the new way to type on the phone, I have to tap on each key one by one.

Also, if instead of typing I want to speak to write the email, then spanish wont be recognized either.

Luis Esteban Valencia Muñoz, Feb 7, 2016
  3. Write Win User
    Where the setup of Windows Mobile 6.5 keeps information on installation of programs?

Hello!

Tell me, please, where the setup of Windows Mobile 6.5 keeps information on installation of programs? The matter is that I established Kaspersky Mobile Security 9. Soon I had to reinstall it as I tried to keep this program on a memory card that success didn't
    crown. It was necessary to remove an antivirus, then again it to establish. After the first installation the volume of the free section was 100,56 Mb, after the second installation of 99,75 Mb. In the same situation the free volume of the system section so
    isn't spent for Windows 7. After personal computer reset temporary files of installation after all are removed? It is possible to remove somehow the files which have remained after installation, because in a communicator free memory of the system section worth
    its weight in gold? I addressed to the producer of a communicator - HTC - however the representative of technical support answered me that they have no such information. Help, please, to me to deal with this problem! I do not want to reinstall OS of a communicator
    (HTC HD2), i.e. to return its settings to a factory condition as Microsoft curtailed all services on archival preservation of contents of memory of the smartphone, and to me information kept on it now is very important. And except you nobody knows subtleties
    of work of Windows. Help me, please!

Write, Feb 7, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Cortana is essentially a search tool. It's a bit of a toy (my personal opinion!) which attempts (sometimes) to give a slightly intelligent answer to a very limited range and format of questions, otherwise simply opening your browser and launching a search.

It can recognise speech as well.

It can also search your indexed files and folders.

It also gives some sometimes amusing answers set up by MS to silly questions.

So no, it's not a word processor, nor is it an email client.

If you're worried about the age of your office suite, I wouldn't particularly, unless there's a particular document type you need which it doesn't support. You can always use one of the free office suites, or one of the many free word processors if you prefer.

I almost never prepare text for emails in a separate word processor, unless it's to be attached as a document.

Hope that helps.

dalchina, Feb 7, 2016
  5. drugo Win User
    hi
    thanks for the answer
    but i did not get if cortana could do the job like dragon natural speaking
    in short speak and let cortana writes on my document
    can it do it?
    thanks

drugo, Feb 7, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    No, it's a search tool. Speech recognition here in this context is a gimmick. As in 'Hey Cortana, what's the time?'

Consider the built-in speech recognition (which has been in Windows a while- at least since '7) and use that with a word processor.

can cortana write an email or can i use to write with microsoft word? [​IMG]

dalchina, Feb 7, 2016
  7. drugo Win User
    hi
    but it's in not in my language *Sad
    i read on the net , cortana could do it , like dragon natural speaking

drugo, Feb 7, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Hello, sorry to hear Italian isn't an available language for MS speech recognition. (It's actually hard to find that info.. links that lead nowhere in MS i.e. to a generic page that says nothing useful.

Certainly the interface GUI language is a parent language, and the speech language must be the same or related.

It seems odd Cortana should recognise Italian and yuo not be able to use that generally in speech recognition.

As I said, Cortana is a search tool, so that's what you're speaking to. It does Bing (by default) searches. It doesn't format documents.

You might have read sthg like this suggestion
    Cortana dictate Word Documents – Customer Feedback for the Office Developer Platform

dalchina, Feb 7, 2016
  9. drugo Win User
    ops sorry cortana understands very well italian *Smile
    that's sad you know
    because in the past i used dragon natural speaking in italian , and it's even close to cortana!
    sometime it's comfortable speak and let the computer write
    in short if i want to speak and let a program write an email , i have to buy dragon natural speaking or a similar software
    software like dragon are not reliable
    it's sad because cortana really is impressive ,it (or she)recognizes the speach very well

jarvis looks a great software but can't find anymore
    maybe this is the new evolution LINKS Artificial Intelligence Software
    thanks

drugo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. can cortana write an email or can i use to write with microsoft word? - Similar Threads - cortana write email

2. How can i remove disk write protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i remove disk write protection: Why i cant romove write protection and read only in my usb disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-disk-write-protection/154f12fc-2552-484b-a99a-8411cbff66be
  3. How can i remove disk write protection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can i remove disk write protection: Why i cant romove write protection and read only in my usb disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-disk-write-protection/154f12fc-2552-484b-a99a-8411cbff66be
  4. How can i remove disk write protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can only write using windoes key on my 60% keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can only write using windoes key on my 60% keyboard: I was chatting on discord when suddenly my keys started to open shortcuts, i ve lookd for a lot of vid son yt to try to fiit but i cant find anything. Now if i want to write i need to keep pressing the windows key to be able to write. HELP ME PLS...
  6. can not write text,comes only the #

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can not write text,comes only the #: Hallo, ich kann keinen Text mehr eingeben, das system schreibt überall kontinuirlich das Zeichen #.Egal ob im Windows-Suchfeld, Dateinamen, Textprogramm, sogar beim Aufruf des cmd!Mein Englisch ist leider nicht gut genug für diese Beschreibung....
  7. Microsoft Word & Excel Background is BLACK & the writing is white

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Word & Excel Background is BLACK & the writing is white: Hi, The background on my excel files & word documents are black. How do I change it back to white background. I also noticed my search bar for google is also black, instead of the usual white. Thanks....
  8. I can no longer write in Windows

in Cortana
    I can no longer write in Windows: Hello, Since yesterday, I could not write in the Windows search bar, or even the Microsoft Store applications, like Insta or Twitter. I also can't write to File Explorer and the cmd.Thank you for your future answers ***moved on english forum***...
  9. External USB hard drive is write-protected. How can I remove write protection?

External USB hard drive is write-protected. How can I remove write protection?: I have been using a Western Digital My Passport external USB 3.0 hard drive for years as a backup drive. My old computer died and I just replaced it. Now when I plug in the external drive, I cannot write to it in any way, even just renaming a file. This error message is...
  10. Can read but not write on shared folder

Can read but not write on shared folder: Hello, I have a network of computers in my office running on windows 7 and one main computer running on windows 10. I have a folder shared on my windows 10 pc and i can access this folder on all computers on my network. I can read but not write on this shared folder on my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Hi cortana how do I use dictation to write emails