Windows 10: Can Create New User Account, but cannot sign in with that account.

Discus and support Can Create New User Account, but cannot sign in with that account. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I can create new user accounts from Windows Settings, see image. But a review of regedit shows that no profile has been created for any of these... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Kumar, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Kumar Win User

Can Create New User Account, but cannot sign in with that account.

I can create new user accounts from Windows Settings, see image.

But a review of regedit shows that no profile has been created for any of these new accounts, only for my original administrator account. See image.

When I try to sign as as any other user, I get the message saying The User Profile Service Failed the logon.

Using Windows 10 64 bit.
    Can Create New User Account, but cannot sign in with that account. [​IMG]

Can Create New User Account, but cannot sign in with that account. [​IMG]

:)

Kumar, Dec 5, 2015
  2. Tryx3 Win User

Cannot create a new user account that can be login.

1, 3, 4 That is normal. The user folders are not created when the user account is created but when that user is first logged in. So the accounts that cannot log in do not have a folder.

2 Are you saying that the fault continues despite having applied the solution?

Denis

Tryx3, Dec 5, 2015
  3. St Alfred Win User
    Cannot create a new user account that can be login.

I managed to get a copy of C:\Users\Default folder and files from someone's laptop. First I tried just copying the NTUSER.dat to replace the file in my desktop. I was able to create a new user and sign in, browse the web etc. However, on logging off there
    was an error message but eventually it did sign off after a few seconds.

I then tried replacing the whole Default folder. Again the same error message appeared on signing off.

The error message is AcStBmhExe saying this application unable to start correctly. I don't get such a message when I sign off from my other working accounts.

Again look forward to your advice.

St Alfred, Dec 5, 2015
Thema:

Can Create New User Account, but cannot sign in with that account.

1. Can Create New User Account, but cannot sign in with that account. - Similar Threads - Create User Account

2. I cannot sign into a new account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot sign into a new account: I am currently trying to set up a personal account on a laptop, and i am making it a local account. i have made the account but it will not let me sign into the laptop, only in the browser. whenever i enter my credentials into the other user space it says password or username...
  3. I cannot sign into a new account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot sign into a new account: I am currently trying to set up a personal account on a laptop, and i am making it a local account. i have made the account but it will not let me sign into the laptop, only in the browser. whenever i enter my credentials into the other user space it says password or username...
  4. Can not sign-in to user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not sign-in to user account: I have recently upgraded my Windows 10 desktop from version 1709 to 1909 using the Microsoft Update Assistant. Once the update completed I am no longer able to sign into windows to access the main desktop screen. The account previously did have a password, however, there is...
  5. Local account created but cannot sign in with it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local account created but cannot sign in with it: Hello, I've created a local account on a computer, but it won't let me sign it. I also tried the changing the password for that user to see if I could around it that way; I got the through the security questions, and tried changing the password, but the new password...
  6. Create new User account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create new User account: Split from this thread. Greetings and happy new year to you, Greg, Master of Windows 10! Would you do me the honor or assisting me with any advice how to repair my very LIGHT corrupted user in Win 10. I want to keep all the "links" the user has. My outlook mails mostly...
  7. Create user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Create user account: I want to create a user account apart from the admin account that I have on my pc with windows 10 how could I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-user-account/2952bb43-3771-4bf1-a45e-d1486e1390e0"
  8. can't create new user account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't create new user account: win 10 installed on a cow chip labeled ASUS. I can't create a new account. Only have one admin account, The tab to create a new user is missing. Tried to create one through Settings. Get message the snapin cannot be used. All this started when I tried to give read only rights...
  9. Cannot create accounts (User Profile Service Failed the sign-in)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot create accounts (User Profile Service Failed the sign-in): When I create a new account, I can't sign into it, an error screen that says "The User Profile service failed the sign-in, the user profile cannot be loaded". This error occurs on any account that I create, regardless of its priveleges, besides my own and the hidden admin...
  10. Unable to Create New User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to Create New User Account: I have tried creating a new User Account but like the Start Menu, it just won't open. Anyone else had this problem? 15808