Windows 10: Can I backup MS Paint?

Discus and support Can I backup MS Paint? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What kind of apps? One that I have taken a copy of while it still exists is sdclt.exe/sdclt.exe.mui, the 'Backup & Restore (Windows 7)' app. If/when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bree, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Bree New Member

Can I backup MS Paint?

One that I have taken a copy of while it still exists is sdclt.exe/sdclt.exe.mui, the 'Backup & Restore (Windows 7)' app. If/when it is removed it will be an interesting experiment to see if it still works. The command line to run its 'create a system image' function is:
    sdclt.exe /BLBBACKUPWIZARD

Bree, Apr 5, 2018

2. So I am currently on Windows 7 but I am dual booting with 10. I heard Paint is being removed but added back to the Store...Why?

Anyway...is it possible to find all the proper files and back it up so when it is removed I can simply paste them back into the System 32 folder?

:)

RECONBunny, Apr 29, 2018
  3. MJEJ Win User
    Changing Microsoft account *and* keeping/transfering all settings/content of current MS account - How!?

Hi,

I created a new Microsoft account that I would like to associate with my existing WP8 device and a new one.

As I understand, I need to reset my phone to enable the new account, doing so deletes all settings, and the backup option only allows to backup to the current MS account.

Which creates the predicament, how can I backup all (settings/apps/content/etc..) while changing MS accounts at the same time!?

Is there an app that can backup everything (not just media) and then restore to the reset phone with the new MS account?

Any help appreciated- thank you!

4. Can I backup MS Paint?

device backups

I made a backup of Lumia 925 on my profile, since then got a 930 lumia.

I gave the 925 to another user with their own ms account.... How can I now restore my old 925 backup on this 925 that have a different Ms account.

thanks

StoffelBester, Apr 29, 2018
  5. Mooly Win User
    This is what Paint says in the latest W10 versions:

Can I backup MS Paint? [​IMG]

Mooly, Apr 29, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    You can copy and paste them anywhere you want. There are two files you require: mspaint.exe and mspaint.exe.mui. The first can be found in C:\Windows\System32\ the .mui file is in a language-specific sub-folder of System32, for a US English install that would be C:\Windows\System32\en-US (for me it's C:\Windows\System32\en-GB).

Copy mspaint.exe to a folder of your choice (I have made a 'C:\Program Files\Old Windows apps' folder). Create the en-us (or en-gb, etc.) subfolder in your chosen folder and put a copy of mspaint.exe.mui there. You can now create a shortcut to run Paint from this folder.

The advantage of using a folder other than System32 is that your mspaint will never get replaced/removed by an upgrade. In fact, you can keep different versions in separate folders and run them simultaneously if you wish, as I have done here with the 1709 and a previous version. Spot the difference....

7. cereberus Win User

Can I backup MS Paint?

It is still in 1803 under windows accessories

cereberus, Apr 30, 2018
  8. Present, yes, but by default Windows opens Paint 3D, also there is no Edit in right click menu.

TairikuOkami, Apr 30, 2018
  9. cereberus Win User

cereberus, Apr 30, 2018
  10. That is a quirky method to edit image files, but I guess, some are fine with that, I prefer a faster Edit. *Smile

TairikuOkami, Apr 30, 2018
  11. cereberus Win User
    No - by default, edit is now paint3d. If you right click on a text file, default is notepad. Right click, select "open with" and choose app you wish. No different!

cereberus, Apr 30, 2018
  12. Berton Win User

Can I backup MS Paint?

MSPaint is still available on Version 1803 Build 1734.1 which just finished installing on 3 of my RTM computers. So far the only things I've seen removed are the older Windows Games from Win7/8.1 and God Mode but that has happened with all previous Version Upgrades and some of the updates to those Upgrades.

EDIT: Update, the Games still re-installed as did God Mode.

Berton, Apr 30, 2018
  13. Thank you very much *Biggrin

RECONBunny, Apr 30, 2018
  14. Bree New Member
    You're very welcome.

The same technique applies to many other apps, not just Paint - you need the .exe and its associated .mui in an appropriately named subfolder.

Thema:

Can I backup MS Paint?

1. Can I backup MS Paint? - Similar Threads - backup Paint

2. Windows 10 backups stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 backups stopped working: Suddenly I can't make system image or backups with Windows 7 backup and restore function in Windows 10; Acronis clone tool also fails. I get a VSS failed error, the Acronis VSS diagnostic says the MSSearch service writer, WMI writer and System writer all time out. Here's what...
  3. Windows 10 backups stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 backups stopped working: Suddenly I can't make system image or backups with Windows 7 backup and restore function in Windows 10; Acronis clone tool also fails. I get a VSS failed error, the Acronis VSS diagnostic says the MSSearch service writer, WMI writer and System writer all time out. Here's what...
  4. Windows 10 backups stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why is my hard drive's capacity reduced after Microsoft Backup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my hard drive's capacity reduced after Microsoft Backup?: Greetings and well wishes Microsoft assistants.I ran Recovery Drive, and used a 128 GB hard drive to create the backup.After the backup was completed, the drive capacity was reading 69 GB on a FAT32 system.Did the format ruin my drive, and can my drive be restore to its...
  6. Why is my hard drive's capacity reduced after Microsoft Backup?

Why is my hard drive's capacity reduced after Microsoft Backup?: Greetings and well wishes Microsoft assistants.I ran Recovery Drive, and used a 128 GB hard drive to create the backup.After the backup was completed, the drive capacity was reading 69 GB on a FAT32 system.Did the format ruin my drive, and can my drive be restore to its...
  7. Why is my hard drive's capacity reduced after Microsoft Backup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image

Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image: This started when I was trying to migrate my windows onto a new drive, I was doing it via an image and USB flash drive. while going through the process I had to select which drive I wanted it on and which drives it was going to take windows from. one of them was a drive E...
  9. How can I backup my Paint 3D projects?

How can I backup my Paint 3D projects?: I can't seem to access the local files for my paint 3D projects. I have over 20 projects for my business and I cannot afford the risk of losing them. How do I backup my projects so that I can access them from a different computer and continue my work on them? Help much...
  10. Do you guys know how I can backup my Paint 3D projects?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do you guys know how I can backup my Paint 3D projects?: It seems there is no way to backup the actual project file and it's stressing me out since I have a ton of 3d models I've made for my business. I'm worried incase my PC messes up and I've lost all my work. Help appreciated thanks. submitted by /u/eels_no1 [link]...