Windows 10: Can I change (fix) the C:\Users directory?

Discus and support Can I change (fix) the C:\Users directory? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Somehow when I reinstalled Windows 10 it created C:\Users\steph\...... instead of C:\Users\Stephanie\...... Is there any way to fix this... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Stephanie2664, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Can I change (fix) the C:\Users directory?

Somehow when I reinstalled Windows 10 it created

C:\Users\steph\......

instead of

C:\Users\Stephanie\......

Is there any way to fix this without having to re-reinstall Windows 10?

Thank you.

:)

Stephanie2664, Sep 1, 2016

2. Can I change the order of my users on my W10 system (PC)?

I am looking for an answer to the way W10 manages the user list when you use the Switch User option - It seems to always show someone other myself. I have found out that the order is changed when a user logs out. I would like to see my name at the top
    all the time. Is this possible?

Richard Bergstedt, Sep 1, 2016
  3. Can I change the order of my users on my W10 system (PC)?

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to more information regarding the issue that you are facing. What does it exactly means when you say you would like to change the order of users? Is it like granting permissions to the users?

Please get back to us with the required information. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 1, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Can I change (fix) the C:\Users directory?

I've only accomplished it once but it was by creating a New User with administrative rights, rebooting to that old/incorrect User then deleting the incorrect one saving all the files. Then I moved the data [not programs] to the same Folders under the New User. It wasn't perfect but better than a clean install.

Berton, Sep 2, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    If you have a Microsoft Account for login then you may see an abbreviated name in c:\users. I would leave it well alone provided the account works.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can I change (fix) the C:\Users directory?

1. Can I change (fix) the C:\Users directory? - Similar Threads - change fix Users

2. How can I change C:\User name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change C:\User name?: I would like to remove the user name added since my last hard drive crash. I have installed new HD and installed win10pro. Since then I have two Users, Public and tantr? I want to change the tantr account back to my original account and computer name?...
  3. How can I change C:\User name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change C:\User name?: I would like to remove the user name added since my last hard drive crash. I have installed new HD and installed win10pro. Since then I have two Users, Public and tantr? I want to change the tantr account back to my original account and computer name?...
  4. Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory: Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-user-accounts-in-cusers-directory/ca2d181b-88f4-4338-aeba-e880033fdd90
  5. Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory: Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-user-accounts-in-cusers-directory/ca2d181b-88f4-4338-aeba-e880033fdd90
  6. How can I change the user directory?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I change the user directory?: I've used my Microsoft account to install Windows 10 on two computers. Both have seemingly automatically used part of my name 5 characters for the user directory specifically C:\Users\nheye\. This is annoying and I'd like to change this.Is there a way to do this after Windows...
  7. How do I change the location of a user's directory (C:\Users\User)?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change the location of a user's directory (C:\Users\User)?: Hello! Version 20H2 (19042.867) I would like to change the directory of a user's directory (%HOMEPATH%) or C:\Users\User I know that I can change the directories of Documents, Music, Videos, etc. but I want to change the whole User Directory and move it to a different...
  8. C:\Users Directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:\Users Directory: Good Afternoon, I have a machine that is a member of a domain. The user account logged onto the machine is a user not an administrator. I run a portable program requires no prior installation as an administrator. I enter domain admin credentials. These domain...
  9. C:\users directory?

in Windows 10 Customization
    C:\users directory?: My C:\users directory shows up as C:\Public\US SEAL 7.ico. Anyone know what's up with that? Thanks; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cusers-directory/e798521b-7dab-4ae0-89f6-ade14e8fc0e7
  10. Two C:\Users\ Directories - Can I Delete One of Them?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two C:\Users\ Directories - Can I Delete One of Them?: Somehow I've ended up with two profiles: C:\Users\ Johnson and C:\Users\regard Johnson The C:\Users\regard Johnson does not have a single file in any folder, and has only these folders: [img] and the Windows Startup Screen says Johnson, not regard Johnson....