Windows 10: Can I change the icon displayed in Devices and Printers?

Discus and support Can I change the icon displayed in Devices and Printers? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I was wondering if I can change the icon for my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick to either an image of the actual joystick or at least to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hoggorm, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Hoggorm Win User

Can I change the icon displayed in Devices and Printers?

Hi,

I was wondering if I can change the icon for my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick to either an image of the actual joystick or at least to something that looks like a joystick?

Can I change the icon displayed in Devices and Printers? [​IMG]

:)

Hoggorm, Mar 29, 2018

2. How can I change the Recycle Bin icon to something else? (Windows 10)

Why was this feature removed? I was able to do it with Windows 8...

YerrytheYanitor, Mar 29, 2018
  3. How can I change the Recycle Bin icon to something else? (Windows 10)

Hello,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. You may post it as a feedback for Windows 10.

To do so,

• Open Start menu.
    • Type feedback and hit enter.
    • Follow the steps for feedback.

Do let us know if you face issues with Windows in future. We will be glad to assist you.

Sahil Bali, Mar 29, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

The icons in Devices and Printers are not shortcuts, right-clicking and Properties does not give a choice to change the icon. I checked what I have and only assume [yeah, I know] that the icon is coded in the software for the devices. I could be generous and say maybe LogiTech programmers just chose the wrong icon for the joystick, they do have a lot of devices for computing.

Berton, Mar 29, 2018
  5. Hoggorm Win User
    I see!

Your assumption might be correct... I have another computer with another identical joystick, and it too display the same icon...

Hoggorm, Mar 29, 2018
  6. Most device icons are located in the DDORes.dll file. You an use Resource Tuner 2 to open and change the icons but since it's just pulling the default icon for a game controller if you change that icon it will change it for every game controller you connect that doesn't have it's own icon. Maybe in the files of your joystick there may be a DLL file that would allow you to change the specific icon for that joystick and not everyone that is connected to the system

The other issue with using a program like Resource Tuner 2 is the file that you edit will no longer be digitally signed so Windows will be very upset that it's in the system and will likely just replace it using the backups it has

mylastsong18, Mar 31, 2018
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
  8. GDavid Win User

Looking for exactly the same answer... MS support is useless.

GDavid, Apr 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I change the icon displayed in Devices and Printers? - Similar Threads - change icon displayed

2. How can I change the icons for the devices in the Network?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change the icons for the devices in the Network?: I am familiar with changing folder and file icons. However, I can't find a way to change the icons that are seen when viewing the Network window. For example, I have a network storage device WDMyCloud. I have three of my PC's running Windows 10 Home showing the correct...
  3. Printer icon appears as Unspecified “Device” in Devices and Printers after deleting the printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer icon appears as Unspecified “Device” in Devices and Printers after deleting the printer: After using the Print Management tool within the Windows Administrative Tools to delete a USB printer, the printer is not completely deleted fromDevices and Printers. Instead, the printer icon now appears under Unspecified, and is simply labelled as “Device”. [ATTACH]...
  4. Printer classified as "Unspecified" and displayed as "Device"

Printer classified as "Unspecified" and displayed as "Device": I know this has been asked alot because I have found threads with related question but I haven't found any solution with my problem. I have been using printers EPSON L565 and EPSON WorkForce Pro WF-C869R but I got new printer EPSON L5190 last October 2019 so stopped using...
  5. Printer icon not in printer & scanner but I can print on it

Printer icon not in printer & scanner but I can print on it: Hello --- I just connected and installed the epson 4740 all in one printer using the epson software setup It seems that I can print to it from "notepad" and chrome, but I can't find an icon for it in the system settings for printers It is connected via the usb port...
  6. Devices and Printers doesn't show the printer official icon

Devices and Printers doesn't show the printer official icon: Hello i installed the official driver for LEXMARK MS510dn but i noticed that after installation the icon of the printer is shown as generic. After clicking properties i noticed that manufacturer is empty under device information. How can i restore the official icon of the...
  7. group icons are merged in devices and printers

group icons are merged in devices and printers: my icons in devices and printer are merged on on group see the picture below modem barcode reader and two printers are merged in one icon . how can i separate this . ...DR RAJ BONDE [ATTACH]...
  8. I can not change display language

I can not change display language: Hi, I'm trying to change my windows 10 language from French to English but i didn't find how, on my language settings i can't download/install display language packs, all i can do is installing/downloading speech (voix), handwritting, basic typing, i also tried to download...
  9. How can i change this icon?

How can i change this icon?: I wanted to know if we can change this icon [img] to a HeadPhone or a Custom Icon when we plug a Something in the HeadPhone Jack. 124496
  10. Change Device Icons with Custom Icons - Devices & Printers

Change Device Icons with Custom Icons - Devices & Printers: Hi All, Wondering if you can offer me some pointers here...... Brink put together an excellent tutorial on this process for Windows 7 (http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...tom-icons.html) and with some adaption for the revisions to the Metadata Authoring Wizard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Can I change the icon displayed in Devices and Printers