Windows 10: Can I change Windows Update settings in Win10?

Discus and support Can I change Windows Update settings in Win10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm asking out of curiosity more then anything, since Windows Update has a heading saying "Some settings are managed by your system administrator". I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bromanbro, Oct 2, 2014.

1. bromanbro Win User

Can I change Windows Update settings in Win10?

I'm asking out of curiosity more then anything, since Windows Update has a heading saying "Some settings are managed by your system administrator". I'm just curious if someone's already found a way around that, lol, or if it's somehow hardcoded in the Tech Preview.

:)

bromanbro, Oct 2, 2014
  2. Magias Win User

Where can I change update settings to get optional updates?

I'd like to be able to choose optional updates not just for Windows 10 but for my hardware and other software, where do I find

the option to configure this option. Had no issues with Win 7 Home Prem.

Thank you for reading.

Magias, Oct 2, 2014
  3. Where can I change update settings to get optional updates?

Settings

Updates

It should be set to automatically install all updates including drivers.

Susan Bradley - volunteer here not a MS employee, Oct 2, 2014
  4. Lebon14 Win User

Well, you can search "Windows Update" in the Start Menu. Click the result so the usual Windows Update app pops up. From there, you can setup the settings. You can also access WinUpdate from the Control Panel too.

Lebon14, Oct 2, 2014
  5. bromanbro Win User
    It doesn't let me change the Update preferences/disable Windows Update.

bromanbro, Oct 2, 2014
  6. Lebon14 Win User
    I haven't noticed that until just now. It's either a bug or there's a way to run Windows Update as admin.

Lebon14, Oct 2, 2014
  7. bromanbro Win User
    No, MS said regarding the preview that they locked modifying Windows Update settings, to ensure that the Tech Preview users get updates.

So I'm asking if there's a way to modify that lock *Smile. Is this the first time MS locked changing Update settings in a preview?

bromanbro, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I change Windows Update settings in Win10? - Similar Threads - change Update settings

2. Can windows 10 updates change/alter BIOS settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can windows 10 updates change/alter BIOS settings?: We have a controlled environment in which all computers were deployed with the microphones and wifi disabled in the BIOS settings roughly 12 to 15 months ago. When these devices were deployed, the deploying team member confirmed the bios settings and labeled the device 'no...
  3. Can windows 10 updates change/alter BIOS settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can windows 10 updates change/alter BIOS settings?: We have a controlled environment in which all computers were deployed with the microphones and wifi disabled in the BIOS settings roughly 12 to 15 months ago. When these devices were deployed, the deploying team member confirmed the bios settings and labeled the device 'no...
  4. Can windows 10 updates change/alter BIOS settings?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Are there system file storage settings I can change to allow imaging WIN10 on an external...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there system file storage settings I can change to allow imaging WIN10 on an external...: I've successfully created two system images recently of WIN 10 on my external SSD with exFAT format. Both images are of dedicated desktop workstations systems running WIN10 build 19045.2673.While attempting to backup a WIN10 laptop, also running build 19045.2673, WINDOWS is...
  6. Are there system file storage settings I can change to allow imaging WIN10 on an external...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are there system file storage settings I can change to allow imaging WIN10 on an external...: I've successfully created two system images recently of WIN 10 on my external SSD with exFAT format. Both images are of dedicated desktop workstations systems running WIN10 build 19045.2673.While attempting to backup a WIN10 laptop, also running build 19045.2673, WINDOWS is...
  7. Are there system file storage settings I can change to allow imaging WIN10 on an external...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How can I set live wallpapers on Win10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I set live wallpapers on Win10?: Title says it all. Is there native support or do I require a 3rd party application. If the latter is true, what is a trustworthy application submitted by /u/Xirynx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/enn7jm/how_can_i_set_live_wallpapers_on_win10/
  9. How can I change the admin settings?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I change the admin settings?: There's a software that for some reason won't install if I install it with admin rights. I need to know how to make it so that my computer doesn't ask for the password when I install something. How can I do that? Thanks. 135293
  10. How can I change the admin settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I change the admin settings?: There's a software that for some reason won't install if I install it with admin rights. I need to know how to make it so that my computer doesn't ask for the password when I install something. How can I do that? Thanks. 135293