Windows 10: Can I Copy a Windows 8.1 Start Screen to Windows 10?

Discus and support Can I Copy a Windows 8.1 Start Screen to Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been hesitant to upgrade my wife's laptop from 8.1 to 10 because she exclusively uses the start screen (Aero, Metro, whatever its called). I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by krasnejv, Dec 11, 2015.

1. krasnejv Win User

Can I Copy a Windows 8.1 Start Screen to Windows 10?

I have been hesitant to upgrade my wife's laptop from 8.1 to 10 because she exclusively uses the start screen (Aero, Metro, whatever its called). I did an upgrade for her a few months ago, but it wiped out all of the tiles that she had saved, so I had to revert back to 8.1. Is there a way to copy or backup the 8.1 start screen and restore it in the Windows 10 upgrade? Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

krasnejv, Dec 11, 2015

2. The windows ten start screen is kind of uncomfortable

So it's not a specific feature but I have seen the windows 8.1 start screen, and I'm not planning to get windows 8.1, I'm planning to get windows ten on a new computer. And since I'm not getting windows 8.1, I wish Microsoft could add the windows 8.1 start
    screen as an option for windows 10. I've seen the windows ten start screen, but it is kind of uncomfortable. I've seen the differences between the start screens. So I wish microsoft can add that as an option.

ComputerCrafter, Dec 11, 2015
  3. Upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10

I have been trying to reserve a copy. I have Windows 8.1. The Windows icon is my start menu and it is on the left, not the right. When I click on it, I get the screen with all the programs on the computer. No where does it pop up for me to put in my
    email to reserve? When I click the icon to customize, that is not shown as an option. Can someone help me reserve my copy?

KarolinaHoesing, Dec 11, 2015
Thema:

Can I Copy a Windows 8.1 Start Screen to Windows 10?

1. Can I Copy a Windows 8.1 Start Screen to Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Copy Start Screen

2. how can I find my liscemse copy windows 8 Key ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I find my liscemse copy windows 8 Key ??: how can I find my liscemse copy windows 8 Key ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-find-my-liscemse-copy-windows-8-key/72175a2b-410d-4788-89fc-f30e2d06ca7f
  3. how can I find my liscemse copy windows 8 Key ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I find my liscemse copy windows 8 Key ??: how can I find my liscemse copy windows 8 Key ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-find-my-liscemse-copy-windows-8-key/72175a2b-410d-4788-89fc-f30e2d06ca7f
  4. Windows 8-style Start Screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8-style Start Screen in Windows 11: Hello, I'm just wondering if there's any way to enable the full screen Start Screen that was once available in Windows 10's Start Menu settings. Windows 11 doesn't seem to have said option....
  5. Windows 8-style Start Screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8-style Start Screen in Windows 11: Hello, I'm just wondering if there's any way to enable the full screen Start Screen that was once available in Windows 10's Start Menu settings. Windows 11 doesn't seem to have said option....
  6. Windows 10 Screen Saver not starting (and 1 monitor died)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Screen Saver not starting (and 1 monitor died): Hi, I noticed in the last few days that my screen saver is not coming on despite having the settings at 5 minutes of non activity. Could this be because I've been downloading something in the background all this time? 143648
  7. Can I downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 8?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 8?: Windows 8 does everything I need on my older computer. I don't like all the excess bloat of Windows 10 that came with my newer computer. Also Windows 10 had an error, and despite doing everything a Microsoft chat person told me earlier today, I still couldn't get it to...
  8. Bring back the Windows 8 Start Screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bring back the Windows 8 Start Screen?: The Start Screen in Windows 8.1 is a masterpiece with its horisontal scroll and simplistic grouping. The Start Screen in Windows 10 is a mess with the mix of a Windows 7 style Start Menu and the vertical scroll of the tiles. Would there be any way to bring the Windows 8...
  9. Can I copy the theme from Windows 8 or get an identical one?

Can I copy the theme from Windows 8 or get an identical one?: Hello! I think the theme changes from 8 to 10 suck. The taskbar is too dark, the constantly light titlebar is wretched. I found a tool (winaero) to add colored titlebars but they're not the same. I had firefox using the titlebar color. Which looked nice because it changed...
  10. Restore to Windows 8 style Start Screen

Restore to Windows 8 style Start Screen: Hi, Is there any way of restoring to the older Windows 8 style start screen? I was able to do this in the previous iteration of the preview, but unable to do it on the current 9926. Thanks 4238