Windows 10: Can I copy files straight from one OneDrive account to an other one?

Discus and support Can I copy files straight from one OneDrive account to an other one? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After reinstalling Windows from scratch I created one Administrator MS account, one Administrator Local account and one Standard User account. I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fortitude, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Fortitude Win User

Can I copy files straight from one OneDrive account to an other one?

After reinstalling Windows from scratch I created one Administrator MS account, one Administrator Local account and one Standard User account. I want to use the last one for all my day-to-day activity on my PC. However, in my previous setup all my data on OneDrive belonged to the Administrator MS account. I would like to transfer these data to the Standard User account.

I think that during the installation of Windows I was asked if I wanted to synchronize my data with OneDrive and I answered "Yes". The installation of Windows was done with the Administrator MS account.

My question is, can I use Windows Explorer to move my files on OneDrive to the Standard user's OneDrive account or would I have to do it in a different way.

Secondly, what does the synchronization mean in practice? Which files are synchronized and when is it done? My actual data are on D drive and I would only want to synchronize them manually rather than automatically.

In summary I would like to:

1. Move data from one OneDrive account (MS Administrator) to an other (Standard user).
    2. Stop synchronizing the MS Administrator OneDrive account.
    3. The Standard user's OneDrive account also not to be synchronized.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

:)

Fortitude, Jun 29, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 29, 2018
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jun 29, 2018
  4. Wozzer Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Jun 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I copy files straight from one OneDrive account to an other one? - Similar Threads - copy files straight

2. Copying files from one user account to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying files from one user account to another: I am trying to copy the user account files from one user account to another user account both admin accounts. I am using the hidden Administrator account to do this, but when I copy the files from one account and attempt to paste them into the public account while logged into...
  3. Copying files from one user account to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying files from one user account to another: I am trying to copy the user account files from one user account to another user account both admin accounts. I am using the hidden Administrator account to do this, but when I copy the files from one account and attempt to paste them into the public account while logged into...
  4. Copying one onedrive to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying one onedrive to another: Hey there our business has been working with one email, one onedrive, we all access the same onedrive and use it to keep our files updated. We are now wanting to transfer to a business side of microsoft 365 s but I have no idea how to transfer that old onedrive to our new...
  5. Copying one onedrive to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying one onedrive to another: Hey there our business has been working with one email, one onedrive, we all access the same onedrive and use it to keep our files updated. We are now wanting to transfer to a business side of microsoft 365 s but I have no idea how to transfer that old onedrive to our new...
  6. Copying one onedrive to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Copy Registry From One Account to Another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy Registry From One Account to Another: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎6/‎29/‎2021 OS build 19043.1288 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 ------------------------------------------------------------------------My old machine bought in March of 2011 died after 10 1/2 years...
  8. Copy Registry From One Account to Another

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy Registry From One Account to Another: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎6/‎29/‎2021 OS build 19043.1288 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 ------------------------------------------------------------------------My old machine bought in March of 2011 died after 10 1/2 years...
  9. Onedrive not copying from one folder to another if the file already exists.

Onedrive not copying from one folder to another if the file already exists.: Since I upgraded to MS Edge as my browser I cannot copy a file from one folder to another within Onedrive if the file already exists in that second folder. When I did this before, it would copy the file and rename it by adding a number to it automatically. Now it just hangs...
  10. Transferring files from one onedrive account to another.

Transferring files from one onedrive account to another.: Hi! I recently changed my microsoft account, and I want to transfer all the files from the old onedrive account. I know there is a transfer flow available, but for some reason it doesn't work. Whenever I try to use it, I receive the following error message. Is there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add a copy one drive link to another one drive account

2. onedrive files copy to other account

3. do you need to stay logged in to onedrive when copying one folder to another

4. one drive copy folder to another user,
  5. can i copy onedrive to a different one drive,
  6. how to copy files to second onedrive account,
  7. copy files one drive account to another account,
  8. copy users onedrive to another user,
  9. copy files straight to one drive