Windows 10: Can I Darken Win Explorer without Darkening Word Docs?

Discus and support Can I Darken Win Explorer without Darkening Word Docs? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to darken the menus, windows explorer background and everything else without darkening Word docs? 95073 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Oct 8, 2017.

1. yahanna Win User

Can I Darken Win Explorer without Darkening Word Docs?

Is it possible to darken the menus, windows explorer background and everything else without darkening Word docs?

:)

yahanna, Oct 8, 2017

2. Start Menu darkens when I click "All Apps" and scrolls down

Im also facing this issue.. no solution yet..

but mine darkens as soon as one of the live tiles changes.. and progresses to darkens step by step

AhmedAbdulRehman, Oct 8, 2017
  3. Unable to open certain apps (Icons darkened) on Windows 10

Old title: Unable to open certain apps (Icons darkened)

Greetings. I have encountered a problem with most of the windows apps in this computer. I am unable to open most of the basic windows apps that comes with windows 10 such as:

- the windows store

-Get skype

-Messaging

-Microsoft wifi

-Skype video

All of these apps have their icons darkened in the start menu, both as apps in the all programs section and as windows tiles. When I open these darkened apps, the window will appear for a split second before crashing, and in most occasions, the following
    error message will appear: "There's a problem with <Windows app>. Contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it." Does anyone know the cause of this problem, and is there any way i can fix it without contacting an administrator of any
    sort?

Fa wrenchong, Oct 8, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Can I Darken Win Explorer without Darkening Word Docs? [​IMG]

Hi, I use Quizo's Qttabbar (free) - lots of options to colour areas of explorer - applies to other areas such as the Control Panel, Task manager... but not applications.

- that also optionally adds tabs, and potentially other features. (Items changed in the border and icon changes are achieved otherwise)

Note- it's not possible to do that by registry changes, as can be done in other areas such as ,say, Wordpad's background - see Superfly's SMACC utility on this site if interested.

See the Customisation section for discussions and examples of the use of high contrast themes and more.

dalchina, Oct 8, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Oct 8, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    As @dalchina stated, QTTabBar is an excellent application for what you wish!
    However, integrated apps will probably 'color' in certain areas; a 3rd party office application may not.

Edwin, Oct 8, 2017
  7. yahanna Win User
    But will QTTabBar be able to theme as you said but not color Word docs? I want everything dark. But I dont want it to affect the pages in Word.

yahanna, Oct 11, 2017
  8. Edwin New Member

What edition of Office are you using?

Edwin, Oct 11, 2017
  9. dalchina New Member
    qttabbar's colours only affect windows rendered by file explorer- e.g. control panel, file explorer...

It is common for office suites to have their own independent background settings.

dalchina, Oct 11, 2017
  10. yahanna Win User
    So you're saying that qttabber won't affect the page color in Word?

yahanna, Oct 16, 2017
  11. dalchina New Member
    colours only affect windows rendered by file explorer

dalchina, Oct 16, 2017
  12. Edwin New Member
    Correct.

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I Darken Win Explorer without Darkening Word Docs? - Similar Threads - Darken Explorer without

2. How do I darken the words/lettering on desktop ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I darken the words/lettering on desktop ?: How do I darken the words on desktop ? PERMABENTLY. Win 10 . My lettering is too light , hard to read. Solutions I've read don't describe fundamentally and NOT for Win 10. One Micro answer was WAY over my head not sure where it started and others didn't describe for Win 10,...
  3. How do I darken the words/lettering on desktop ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I darken the words/lettering on desktop ?: How do I darken the words on desktop ? PERMABENTLY. Win 10 . My lettering is too light , hard to read. Solutions I've read don't describe fundamentally and NOT for Win 10. One Micro answer was WAY over my head not sure where it started and others didn't describe for Win 10,...
  4. How do I darken the words/lettering on desktop ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Background Windows Darkening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background Windows Darkening: When I snap 2 windows on the desktop left & right side of the screen the active screen is bright, but the non-active screen goes very dark. I can still scroll with my mouse wheel, but it is very dark. When I click on the dark window, it gets bright & the previous window goes...
  6. Background Windows Darkening

Background Windows Darkening: When I snap 2 windows on the desktop left & right side of the screen the active screen is bright, but the non-active screen goes very dark. I can still scroll with my mouse wheel, but it is very dark. When I click on the dark window, it gets bright & the previous window goes...
  7. how can I darken the text?

how can I darken the text?: How can I darken the text? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-darken-the-text/df686547-259a-4fd3-b905-8ef34d8473f1
  8. Laptop darkens?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop darkens?: How can one / can one turn it off under Win10 that the screen automatically darkens slightly without connection to the power supply, thus in battery mode? I hadn't seen it in the shots... THANK YOU Laptop verdunkelt sich?
  9. Darken type

Darken type: How can I make the type darker, my eyes are bad and the type is too light. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/darken-type/8f16c4ab-5be0-4b70-8893-23c2c778bac1
  10. darken print

darken print: How to darken print on screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/darken-print/9a5e6328-84bf-4dba-866c-f3a50fbb8d82