Windows 10: Can I defer a single upgrade, but continue recieving every following?

Discus and support Can I defer a single upgrade, but continue recieving every following? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Ever since I upgraded to 10 my Intel graphics 4000 or whatever hasn't worked that good. I kinda shrugged it off cause whatever, I have a GTX.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by f0x, Nov 20, 2015.

1. F0X
    f0x Win User

Can I defer a single upgrade, but continue recieving every following?

Ever since I upgraded to 10 my Intel graphics 4000 or whatever hasn't worked that good.

I kinda shrugged it off cause whatever, I have a GTX.

However, I have tried installing it with succession but mostly from the resource CD. Then when I try to upgrade, it works, but windows update persistently antagonizes me to download a driver for it from them that I absolutely do not want.

When I upgrade to theirs, the Intel graphics crap goes back to nullification. This has happened about 4 or 5 times since 10 came out.

Is there a way to defer the upgrade, but continue receiving every other update that actually works?

I really don't wan't to have to defer from now on.

:)

2. No luck with Cumulative updates

Every since I upgraded to Windows 10 pro I have not been able to install a single cumulative update. It automatically downloads the update, then tries to install it on reboot, fails to install it, reboots again, and then the process is continued every
    single day. Is there any proper solution for this?

cybermails, Nov 20, 2015
  3. jdweaver Win User
    Windows 10 Update Fails to Install Feature Update to Windows 10 version 1703

"Deferring or stopping updates is a feature exclusive for Windows 10
    Pro."

No it isn't! I've attempted to stop updates multiple times. Yes I am clicking the box "defer updates". My Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit takes extra juice from my battery every time I'm using it beacause it's continuously trying
    to download & install the current Feature update because it always fails. It gave up on Feature update 1703 & is now continuously attempting 1709. Windows 10 is a mess. Good thing this computer was free!

jdweaver, Nov 20, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

JohnC, Nov 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Can I defer a single upgrade, but continue recieving every following? - Similar Threads - defer single upgrade

2. Can not recieve some emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not recieve some emails: There are some emails that I don't get either in Gmail or my webmail from my internet provider. I feel there must be some firewall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-recieve-some-emails/3e239c4f-f7c5-410e-ad6a-a282c968afa1
  3. Constantly recieving "Your single-use code" Emails.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constantly recieving "Your single-use code" Emails.: I keep recieving single use code emails everyday and its so annoying, i enabled 2FA thinking it might disable single use codes, But thats not how it works i guess. In the last two days alone i got 10 single use emails and 53 failed attempts i mean this is so ridiculous i cant...
  4. Constantly recieving "Your single-use code" Emails.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constantly recieving "Your single-use code" Emails.: I keep recieving single use code emails everyday and its so annoying, i enabled 2FA thinking it might disable single use codes, But thats not how it works i guess. In the last two days alone i got 10 single use emails and 53 failed attempts i mean this is so ridiculous i cant...
  5. I can not recieve emails, i can send email out but can not recieve any emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can not recieve emails, i can send email out but can not recieve any emails: Can not receive emails, I can send email out but can not receive. Not using Outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-recieve-emails-i-can-send-email-out-but/c16c07f0-ca43-487a-bf4c-f6fa3129a3d0
  6. Will I Actually Be Able to Defer Upgrades...?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will I Actually Be Able to Defer Upgrades...?: So, I have Windows 10 Pro now after I couldn't stand the constant updates that ended up often making my computer worse, but even with "Defer Upgrades," I'm still forced to pick a time to download within the next few days. I was under the impression I could at least wait a few...
  7. Deferring Upgrades Question

Deferring Upgrades Question: In Windows Update > Advanced Options > there used to be an option to "Defer Upgrades" , but it is gone now. Any idea where it went? On the option to "Defer Upgrades": I would rather defer any build upgrade until a time that I can supervise the install, and I don't...
  8. Windows updated by checking the defer upgrades

Windows updated by checking the defer upgrades: I was trying to update to anniversary update but it's not updating until i checked the defer upgrade the update works now, so why is it defer upgrades worked opposite? 94358
  9. Windows 10 Update and Defer Upgrades?

Windows 10 Update and Defer Upgrades?: I reinstalled windows 10 fresh because I upgraded my Dell 3147 from a slow 5400 rpm HD to a faster 8gb 5400 rpm SSHD ( yes its faster for sure) Anyway I went to Windows update and now found "Defer Upgrades" will this stop the driver updates for a while? How long if it...
  10. Meaning of the "Defer upgrades" option

Meaning of the "Defer upgrades" option: Hi In the "Advanced options" of "Windows Update" there is the "Defer upgrades" option. If I select, what happens? Thanks Bye 8161