Windows 10: Can I delete 'AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl

Discus and support Can I delete 'AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I did the Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7, then did a reset. I opted to keep nothing and get rid of any partitions. All running well, but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hazel123, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Hazel123 Win User

Can I delete 'AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl

So I did the Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7, then did a reset. I opted to keep nothing and get rid of any partitions. All running well, but when I checked, I still have the old partions. As well as C drive there is the HP Recovery D Drive and HP Tools E drive.

E Drive is empty. D Drive has a folder in it with a russian doll sequence of folders - each folder opens to reveal another folder, and finally the file marked'AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl.

Anyway I don't know what it is and I want to delete those partitions and expand the C drive. Will that delete this file and is it ok to delete it? And why is it there?!! I thought a full reset keeping nothing and losing partitions was the same as a clean install.

:)

Hazel123, Jun 24, 2016
  2. J Mc 970 Win User

and was exposed to this.. unkown device without a driver/or one available. It's disabled but I would like to get rid of any advice on how it can be removed.

AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener

FileName
    x:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs\AutoLogger\AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl

J Mc 970, Jun 24, 2016
  3. I want to delete "D:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs\AutoLogger\AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl"(All folders and a file).

Hi,

Can you please confirm if you also have the equivalent of the "D:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs\AutoLogger\AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl" file on your C: drive as well. If there is, It should be ok to delete the said file in your D: drive.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jun 24, 2016
  4. Hazel123 Win User

Well I deleted the folder and all contents, got rid of both partitions and extended the C drive partition. So just have to see what happens I guess.

Maybe not such a good idea. I think I'll need to do a clean install anyway now, Windows is stuck in a loop shutting down and can't be switched off. If I switch it off it goes straight back to the shutting down loop.

Hazel123, Jun 24, 2016
  5. CmmTch Win User
    Did a Google search for AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl and found this site. https://fix10.isleaked.com/

Section 7. Telemetry Services talks specifically about the Autologger file.

CmmTch, Jun 25, 2016
  6. Hazel123 Win User
    Thanks! I've done a clean install from a dvd now and everything works way better. Faster boot up, apps all working and no unwanted partitions. I guess that telemetry program is still in there somewhere but I'll ignore it. I have most privacy settings turned off.

Hazel123, Jun 25, 2016
  7. CmmTch Win User
    Glad you got things worked out, sounds like it's better than it was before too. A shame you had to take the time to do the clean install, but the problem was solved.

I haven't screwed around with the Autologger file either, but I did follow the other instructions about turning things off when I found that site last year.

If you feel like everything's good please mark the thread solved *Smile

CmmTch, Jun 25, 2016
  8. Hazel123 Win User

Thanks! It was quite quick doing a clean install, and worth it. Did it twice (I fiddled around after the first install and messed something up). Good practice! I can't believe the difference it's made with a clean install from DVD though. With this laptop there are no drivers to install afterwards - Windows did everything, after a 10 minute wait or so for it to find the display driver. The one unidentified thing isn't that important. So if anyone else has an HP Pavilion DM4 1050ea it's worth upgrading and doing a clean install - but double back up everything first.

The keylogger thing doesn't sound that good, but it's probably not suspicious really - Windows has always had a way of reports of faults being sent back etc.

Hazel123, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I delete 'AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl - Similar Threads - delete 'AutoLogger Diagtrack

2. .etl files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .etl files: Yesterday I deleted almost 700 GB of etl files which were accumulating in the System 32 Log Files between the 4th and 8th of February. I now see they're back and growing. I can almost see the bar-graph for the C drive in the PC window increasing in size as I look at it. Prior...
  3. .etl files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .etl files: Yesterday I deleted almost 700 GB of etl files which were accumulating in the System 32 Log Files between the 4th and 8th of February. I now see they're back and growing. I can almost see the bar-graph for the C drive in the PC window increasing in size as I look at it. Prior...
  4. .etl files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can I move .etl files to a different disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I move .etl files to a different disk?: I have 2 ssd disks on my machine, one is small, the other is large. The small disk is where the OS and program files are. It also houses the .etl file, which is taking a lot of space. I've moved some of my personal files to the large disk, but can I move the .etl file into...
  6. Can I move .etl files to a different disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I move .etl files to a different disk?: I have 2 ssd disks on my machine, one is small, the other is large. The small disk is where the OS and program files are. It also houses the .etl file, which is taking a lot of space. I've moved some of my personal files to the large disk, but can I move the .etl file into...
  7. Can I move .etl files to a different disk?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Can this ETL file be deleted?

Can this ETL file be deleted?: I am running Windows 10 Home X64. I have an ETL file, in the root of C:\, that is over 23gb in size. It is the "gemmauf.etl" file. How important is this file? Is it safe to delete this file especially, since it is taking up a lot of disk space?...
  9. 45 gigs of my windows drive is occupied by these ETL logs. What are they and can I delete them?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    45 gigs of my windows drive is occupied by these ETL logs. What are they and can I delete them?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bitzaxp90 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hlefhq/45_gigs_of_my_windows_drive_is_occupied_by_these/
  10. [SOLVED] How can I create a default opener for '.etl' files?

[SOLVED] How can I create a default opener for '.etl' files?: *SOLUTION* With a bit of thought, I solved this myself. I'm leaving this here to help others... I created a CMD program: 'c:\CMD & tiny apps\OPEN ETL FILE.CMD', that contains a single line of text: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\mmc.exe" "C:\WINDOWS\system32\eventvwr.msc" /l:%1...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl

2. win10 autologger-diagtrack

3. what is autologger diagtrack listener

4. can i delete AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl