Windows 10: Can I delete photos that are duplicated in the computer library's Pictures folder?

Discus and support Can I delete photos that are duplicated in the computer library's Pictures folder? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've just started using Onedrive and I have a question. I still have photos in the computer's Pictures Album as well as in the Onedrive Pictures... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gymnast46, Aug 14, 2018.

1. gymnast46 Win User

Can I delete photos that are duplicated in the computer library's Pictures folder?

I've just started using Onedrive and I have a question. I still have photos in the computer's Pictures Album as well as in the Onedrive Pictures album. That seems to be taking up a lot of hard drive space. Can I delete the photos in the computer library's picture album?

:)

gymnast46, Aug 14, 2018

2. Photo App displaying deleted folder pictures on Windows 10.

Hi Mike,

The above issue might have occur due to the following reasons:

• Photos stored on OneDrive
    • Duplicate of the picture file saved on the computer.
    • Corrupted/missing app files & folders.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Do you have duplicates of the deleted picture stored on the PC?
    • Have you stored the deleted picture folder on OneDrive?

If you have saved a copy of deleted picture folder on the computer, the photos will be displayed if
    Linked duplicates option is switched to On status in
    Photo app.

Method 1: Follow the steps below to disable
    Linked duplicates option from Photo app and check if the issue is resolved.

• Open Photo app and click on Settings or
      gear icon from the left bottom corner of the app window.
    • From the right side panel, check if Linked duplicates option is switched to
      On status. If yes, slide the bar to Off and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persists, run
    Windows apps troubleshooter to check if the any of the app files are missing or corrupted.

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems
    with apps and the Store.

Write to us with the status of the Photo app displaying deleted pictures on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Can I delete photos that are duplicated in the computer library's Pictures folder?

Photo App displaying deleted folder pictures on Windows 10.

Likhitha

Thanks for your reply but this has nothing to do with duplicates There are no duplicates on the PC of the photos on Onedrive.

This has nothing to do with deleted folders either.

If you go into settings it allows you to select the folders which the photo app should display. I delete the PC photo app folder from the list. Next time I start the app the PC photo folder is again in the list

mikeslovakia, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Can I delete photos that are duplicated in the computer library's Pictures folder?

1. Can I delete photos that are duplicated in the computer library's Pictures folder? - Similar Threads - delete photos are

2. Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder: Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-folder-duplicated-in-pictures-folder/00af09ce-e789-4e17-b6bc-1385950e6eed
  3. folders no longer created in pictures library in new computer

folders no longer created in pictures library in new computer: On my old laptop running Windows 10, when I imported photos from an SD card, they were sorted automatically by 'date taken' into subfolders. I recently updated to a desktop, also running Windows 10, and this functionality seems to have been lost. I copied the existing...
  4. "Photos" app shows all pictures in selected folders; "Pictures" library shows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Photos" app shows all pictures in selected folders; "Pictures" library shows...: I want my Pictures library to show me all of my pictures. I assume that's part of the point of the library. When I go into the Library and add my folders, it adds the entire folder and everything in it. On a previous topic, one user suggested clicking "Optimize for...
  5. How Can I Eliminate Duplicate PHOTOS Not Pictures/Images in OneDrive?

How Can I Eliminate Duplicate PHOTOS Not Pictures/Images in OneDrive?: Hi, For the last year I have been using OneDrive for my photos. I have a Samsung A7 2018 phone. I get horrendous amounts of duplicate photos directly off my camera into OneDrive, almost half of all the camera photos not images mirroring my computer files there are...
  6. Deleting duplicate photos in Windows Photos

Deleting duplicate photos in Windows Photos: Windows Photos shows all photos, including duplicates on the computer. When you select a photo to delete, it indicates this also deletes all exactduplicates of photo, does this include every copy, including original?...
  7. Duplicate libraries-library folders

Duplicate libraries-library folders: I did something in Windows 10 v1909 that duplicated several library folders and their contents see below picture. I don't have duplicate folders under "Quick Access". How do I correct? Disregard the THIRD Documents folder. The only correction I could find is here and it...
  8. View all pictures combined that are in folders so I can delete duplicates?

View all pictures combined that are in folders so I can delete duplicates?: How do I view all pictures combined into one group whick are in folders so I can delete duplicates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/view-all-pictures-combined-that-are-in-folders-so/660a1260-2b85-4602-b1c4-701bcf93d658"
  9. delete duplicate pictures

delete duplicate pictures: I have numerous duplicate pictures in my files. How do I delete them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-duplicate-pictures/a541d7d3-4045-4cc3-82a5-d04e591cbaf4"
  10. Duplicated Documents and Pictures folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicated Documents and Pictures folders: I have discovered that I have two Documents and two Pictures folders: one of each is in "This PC" and one in "Windows (C)>Users>[my name]". They are not synced and I seem to have to copy files from one to the other to get them to show the same; if I don't I have problems...