Windows 10: Can I Delete windows nt Folder:

Discus and support Can I Delete windows nt Folder: in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just noticed that my C>Program Files folder contains a folder named 'windows nt'. It has a date of April this year. It contains stuff related to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vanp, Aug 2, 2018.

1. vanp Win User

Can I Delete windows nt Folder:

I just noticed that my C>Program Files folder contains a folder named 'windows nt'. It has a date of April this year. It contains stuff related to the Chinese and Ethiopian languages, and others. It also has a WordPad exe. Maybe this thing has been here all along, but I don't remember seeing it. The whole thing is millions of bytes; I'll delete it if it's safe. I assume WordPad would still be on my machine if I delete this folder. Is it safe? Thanks.

:)

vanp, Aug 2, 2018

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Can I Delete windows nt Folder: :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Can I Delete windows nt Folder: :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Can I Delete windows nt Folder: ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Aug 2, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    • Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    • Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    • Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    • Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I Delete windows nt Folder: - Similar Threads - Delete Folder

2. I cannot delete a folder that "does not exist" (but it does)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot delete a folder that "does not exist" (but it does): I tried to remove that folder using rmdir command in cmd, but it's no use. I haven't found other solutions on the Internet. So what else can I do?...
  3. Folder On External USB Drive Suddenly Requires Admin Privileges To Delete Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder On External USB Drive Suddenly Requires Admin Privileges To Delete Files: Windows 10 64 bit Version 1803 build 17134.407 I have two Western Digital external USB drives attached to my main computer. One has drive letter E: and the other is M:. They are identical in content and directory structure and I use them to store the majority of my files....
  4. I deleted my video folder on desktop, now allof my videos missing

I deleted my video folder on desktop, now allof my videos missing: [ATTACH] I delete this annoying folder on my desktop, I thought its just a shortcut video and now all my videos are gone. but I cant find anything on recycle bin. thanks...
  5. Library folder grows back after delete

Library folder grows back after delete: Some process keeps recreating a "Public Music" folder in it's former location after removal from the library, network shares and deletion from disk. The folder is empty, but it's in a partition where I really don't want Windows inserting things. It will not also not allow...
  6. Any way to force delete a folder, regardless of permissions?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to force delete a folder, regardless of permissions?: Hello, As often happens, I have an undeletable folder on my Windows 10 PC. I am logged in as me, the only user, an administrator, but, infuriatingly, when I recently updated Windows 10, Microsoft left a trail of junk lying around, including a folder called WindowsApps. I've...
  7. Can't delete a folder which keeps reappearing with a different name?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete a folder which keeps reappearing with a different name?: Hi, I have win 10, 64 bit installed on my laptop. (along with Cybereason Ransomfree) However I seem to have picked up somewhere folders that appear in My Docs, C drive, and on my D drive with random names (that keep changing) and a series of files in them (always 10 which I...
  8. Accidently deleted my start menu folder

in Cortana
    Accidently deleted my start menu folder: Hello, I accidentally deleted the start menu folder located here: C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs I just wanted to deleted 2 icons from there. When I went in the folder, only those two icons showed up, so I proceeded to delete the...
  9. can't delete a folder which keeps reappearing with a different name?

can't delete a folder which keeps reappearing with a different name?: I have win 10, 64 bit installed on my laptop. However I seem to have picked up somewhere folders that appear in My Docs, and on my C drive with random names and a series of files in them (which I have not opened!). I have tried to delete the folders and files in them to no...
  10. how to delete a folder i made protected by trustedinstaller?

how to delete a folder i made protected by trustedinstaller?: I made a folder in c:\program files (x86) called windows nt and want to delete it. I made it so that I could play the pinball game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-a-folder-i-made-protected-by/b9851810-0597-422f-8f47-f0673261971b"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete windows nt folder

2. do i need windows nt folder