Can I Delete windows nt Folder:

Discus and support Can I Delete windows nt Folder: in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just noticed that my C>Program Files folder contains a folder named 'windows nt'. It has a date of April this year. It contains stuff related to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vanp, Aug 2, 2018.

1. vanp Win User

I just noticed that my C>Program Files folder contains a folder named 'windows nt'. It has a date of April this year. It contains stuff related to the Chinese and Ethiopian languages, and others. It also has a WordPad exe. Maybe this thing has been here all along, but I don't remember seeing it. The whole thing is millions of bytes; I'll delete it if it's safe. I assume WordPad would still be on my machine if I delete this folder. Is it safe? Thanks.

:)

vanp, Aug 2, 2018
  2. oli_ramsay Win User

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Can I Delete windows nt Folder: :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Can I Delete windows nt Folder: :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Can I Delete windows nt Folder: ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Aug 2, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    • Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    • Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    • Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    • Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I Delete windows nt Folder: - Similar Threads - Delete Folder

2. Deleted WindowsApps folder and now I cant boot!

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted WindowsApps folder and now I cant boot!: I tried deleting (after copying it to another location) the %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps folder in order to perform a system restore. The restore point gave me an WindowsApps error, so I searched the internet and found several workarounds consisting on deleting or renaming that...
  3. Can I delete photos that are duplicated in the computer library's Pictures folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete photos that are duplicated in the computer library's Pictures folder?: I've just started using Onedrive and I have a question. I still have photos in the computer's Pictures Album as well as in the Onedrive Pictures album. That seems to be taking up a lot of hard drive space. Can I delete the photos in the computer library's picture album?...
  4. After deleting all songs in the Music folder, the songs still show up in Media player, and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After deleting all songs in the Music folder, the songs still show up in Media player, and...: I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1. I cannot delete songs from windows media player, even after deleting the songs from my music folder....
  5. Deleted Desktop Folder Stays in Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted Desktop Folder Stays in Desktop: I've been trying to delete folders on my desktop but They won't delete. Files are deleting just fine but when I try deleting a folder, it gives me this processing tab: [img] and "completes" the deletion but the folder never ends up getting deleted. It can be opened,...
  6. No security tab, cannot delete folders of photos off of phone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No security tab, cannot delete folders of photos off of phone: Hello, Windows 10 user here, I'm trying to delete folders of photos on my iphone because I really do not want to manually delete 15,000 photos and 2,000 videos. When I try to do so in Windows file explorer of the phone, I get a message "IMG_xxxx could not be deleted. You do...
  7. Secure 'File / Folder Deletion'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Secure 'File / Folder Deletion': As I understand it, when you delete a file, that file can still be 'recovered'. I believe that - even if you Empty the Recycle Bin - a smart 'crook' who manages to gain access to your PC can 'still' recover sensitive files you've deleted (for example, files that include...
  8. Folder won't be deleted.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder won't be deleted.: I want to delete a folder. When I right click, & delete, it says, "item not found, could not find this item, this item is no longer located in C:\Users\James\Documents. Verify the item's location and try again." Then, when I click try again, it comes up with the same thing....
  9. Delete Videos>Captures Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete Videos>Captures Folder: Hi, I can manually delete folders like captures in video but after a restart the folder is created again automatically by Windows. How can I delete it permanently so it won't create it again? Thanks. 114727
  10. How do I delete or move parent folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I delete or move parent folder?: So, today I was cleaning up my laptop and I tried moving the 3D Objects folder into the Downloads folder through properties. Instead of becoming a child folder like I had hoped, it is now synced with the Downloads folder. I have tried moving it back to be named 3D Objects...