Windows 10: Can I Delete windows nt Folder:

Discus and support Can I Delete windows nt Folder: in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just noticed that my C>Program Files folder contains a folder named 'windows nt'. It has a date of April this year. It contains stuff related to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vanp, Aug 2, 2018.

1. vanp Win User

Can I Delete windows nt Folder:

I just noticed that my C>Program Files folder contains a folder named 'windows nt'. It has a date of April this year. It contains stuff related to the Chinese and Ethiopian languages, and others. It also has a WordPad exe. Maybe this thing has been here all along, but I don't remember seeing it. The whole thing is millions of bytes; I'll delete it if it's safe. I assume WordPad would still be on my machine if I delete this folder. Is it safe? Thanks.

:)

vanp, Aug 2, 2018
  2. oli_ramsay Win User

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Can I Delete windows nt Folder: :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Can I Delete windows nt Folder: :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Can I Delete windows nt Folder: ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Aug 2, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    • Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    • Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    • Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    • Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I Delete windows nt Folder: - Similar Threads - Delete Folder

2. How to delete microsoft.net folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete microsoft.net folder: Is this possible? I've been having problems with NET Framework, uninstalled it, and when I tried to reinstall it, got this message: "The file or directory is corrupt and unreadable.Error Code - 0x80070570 I tried sfc scan which found problems it couldn't solve no matter how...
  3. How can I recover an inadvertantly deleted folder?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I recover an inadvertantly deleted folder?: How can I recover an inadvertently deleted folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-recover-an-inadvertantly-deleted-folder/8e895c5b-7220-432c-949d-16fbe4e520cf
  4. Need help deleting folders *URGENT*

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help deleting folders *URGENT*: Alright, so recent I downloaded CCleaner cause I heard good things and it snuck in the Avast anti-virus download without me looking. For the longest time I truely didn't care but ever since then my computer kept being bogged down and slow. I looked into things and it turned...
  5. JUST NOW I DELETED ALL PREVIOUS WINDOWS FOLDERS LIKE WINDOWS.OLD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    JUST NOW I DELETED ALL PREVIOUS WINDOWS FOLDERS LIKE WINDOWS.OLD: Now my Asus laptop running current windows 10 1809 only, i keep monitoring the changes while working on other applications like office 2016 pro plus products . I have completely deleted old version previous windows folders , but i could not able to delete...
  6. How to recover deleted User data files & folders after Windows 10 Feature Update

in Windows 10 News
    How to recover deleted User data files & folders after Windows 10 Feature Update: [ATTACH] While it can happen after an update, the recent Windows 10 October 2018 Update v1809 has caused panic among users. Many have reported that tons of files from their user directories like Music, Photos, Documents have gone missing. While there [...] This post How to...
  7. Windows update 1809 the deleted my documents from the user folder

Windows update 1809 the deleted my documents from the user folder: Are the steps to recover the data? Is Microsoft creating a patch fix so I can recover what was lost? Restore does not work for me and I need the data that was lost....
  8. Windows update 1809 the deleted my documents from the user folder

Windows update 1809 the deleted my documents from the user folder: Are the steps to recover the data? Is Microsoft creating a patch fix so I can recover what was lost? Restore does not work for me and I need the data that was lost....
  9. Deleted folder still appearing in File Explorer of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted folder still appearing in File Explorer of Windows 10: I downloaded a file that created a folder in File Explorer. I extracted the files in it that I needed. I then deleted the folder. When I opened the File Explorer again, the folder still appeared. When I deleted it File Explorer indicated that the folder no longer exists....
  10. help in restoring accidentally deleted folder in "Pictures" folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    help in restoring accidentally deleted folder in "Pictures" folder?: hi all, i connected my iphone to my laptop to transfer my photos from my phone to my laptop, so that i could delete the photos in phone to reduce storage. but, i ran into a problem when i put all the transferred photos in a folder then i moved the folder to the "pictures"...