Windows 10: can i disable a single auto update in windows 10 preview?

Discus and support can i disable a single auto update in windows 10 preview? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Ok after i keep fixing my switchable graphics microsoft keep coming along and messing it up again by auto updating with wrong drivers! in the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by xdarkmario, Mar 10, 2015.

1. can i disable a single auto update in windows 10 preview?

Ok after i keep fixing my switchable graphics microsoft keep coming along and messing it up again by auto updating with wrong drivers!

in the update list i see the wrong AMD video driver and i cant stop it from installing

so ultimately i had to disable automatic drivers update in system settings. but that means that i cant get any updates ether. can i disable or hide one update like before in windows 8.1 % down?
    i see that the non metro windows update windows is gone now...

:)

xdarkmario, Mar 10, 2015

2. Can I disable auto arrange in folders in Win 10 like I was able to do in Win XP?

Hi Francis,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I would like to tell you that; Auto arrange feature is not available in Windows 10.

Auto Arrange only applies to the desktop
    Icons / Folders
    , since that is the only Icons / Folders that you can place anywhere on the Desktop.

For any suggestion regarding Features Windows 10, kindly post your feedback on
    Feedback App in Windows 10.

For any further query related to Microsoft Windows, feel free to post on Microsoft Community website.

Thank you,

Santosh_Rai, Mar 10, 2015
  3. Can I disable auto arrange in folders in Win 10 like I was able to do in Win XP?

Can I disable auto arrange in folders in Win 10 like I was able to do in Win XP? If not I have no choice other than to not use 10. I am running Win 7 but it looks like Microsoft has absolutely no intention of correcting this and other oversights like not
    being able to disable full line select and several other issues I have seen addressed by numerous people in forums. I guess we have to take it the way Microsoft wants it. Not the way we used to be able to have it.

OP - Auto Arrange

Francis J Martin Jr, Mar 10, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

can i disable a single auto update in windows 10 preview?

Try 'Roll Back Driver' in Device Manager and see if it sticks.

Edwin, Mar 10, 2015
  5. Winuser Win User
    I read that in a future build MS is going to allow us to choose what driver updates to install.

Winuser, Mar 10, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 10, 2015
  7. thanks! that did the trick! thats the good old update panel i was looking for. i filter updates.

xdarkmario, Mar 12, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Mar 12, 2015
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Thanks -- This stopped my Sound drivers from getting updated and after update failed to work. Good workaround -- that's always a problem when stuff is made TOO simple - it gets a nightmare to fix if something doesn't work properly.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 17, 2015
  10. what happened to the link? it says i dont have permission to access. i need that again i dirty upgraded to windows 10 build 10041 and i need to re enable the old windows update.

xdarkmario, Mar 28, 2015
  11. adamf Win User
    You can no longer reinstate the old windows update in 10041 - the old workaround is redundant.

adamf, Mar 28, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you have build 10041 installed, it will still add Windows Update to the Control Panel, but it will also break Windows Update in both the Settings and Control Panel locations. It will just give you an error when trying to use Windows Update.

Brink, Mar 29, 2015
  13. can i disable a single auto update in windows 10 preview?

True, I added it back and the updates give a error code

xdarkmario, Mar 29, 2015
  14. besb Win User
    This driver fails every time and I am trying to remove it.
    I am trying to access the tutorial to add windows update to the control panel
    I then get
    help Please

15. jangirke Win User
    Win10 Build 10130 locks the registry keys for changing it so you have to find a way to unlock it cause I haven't.

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 ;show Windows Update in Control Panel ;Key locked in Windows 10 Build 10130 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX] "IsConvergedUpdateStackEnabled"=dword:00000000 ;1=default [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings] "UxOption"=dword:00000000 ;1=default ;END[/quote]
    The following key enables the dropdown with a catch(you have to update!).
    Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU] "AUOptions"=dword:00000005[/quote]

If you don't want automatic updates try this key if you can't figure out a workaround:
    Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update] "AUOptions"=dword:00000004 ;1=never check for updates ;4=default[/quote] You can add them manually or put them in a *.reg file together.
    To manually add them use win+r and type regedit and navigate
    to the places and make the keys and values.
    Remember Keys are like Folders and the rest is like files.

jangirke, Jun 16, 2015
Thema:

1. can i disable a single auto update in windows 10 preview? - Similar Threads - disable single auto

2. How Can I Disable Auto-Update for Applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Disable Auto-Update for Applications: We operate in Azure and use Remote Desktop to get there. The latest update gives a number of our users display issues. I'm able to find an older version of the application that works fine but I need to find a way to disable it from auto updating....
  3. How Can I Disable Auto-Update for Applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Can I Disable Auto-Update for Applications: We operate in Azure and use Remote Desktop to get there. The latest update gives a number of our users display issues. I'm able to find an older version of the application that works fine but I need to find a way to disable it from auto updating....
  4. How can I disable the specific audio driver auto update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I disable the specific audio driver auto update?: I have [driver] running on my Dell G7 7588 laptop with Windows 10 Home. Even though it doesn´t bring that high a volume, it´s stable. That said, later on it gets updated and then every time I turn on a video or something with audio it goes all the way up to maximum volume,...
  5. How can I disable the specific audio driver auto update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable the specific audio driver auto update?: I have [driver] running on my Dell G7 7588 laptop with Windows 10 Home. Even though it doesn´t bring that high a volume, it´s stable. That said, later on it gets updated and then every time I turn on a video or something with audio it goes all the way up to maximum volume,...
  6. How can I disable the specific audio driver auto update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to DISABLE the perverse Windows 10 auto-update & auto-reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to DISABLE the perverse Windows 10 auto-update & auto-reset: I have lost countless UNSAVED works because some genious in Microsoft decided that it would be a good idea to let Windows 10 automatically update and reset without my authorization while I'm away from my computer! How do I disable this perverse and inconsiderate auto-reset...
  8. disable auto updates

disable auto updates: lots of problems 1903 of all sorts We recommend that you do not attempt to manually update using the Update now button or the Media Creation Tool until a new driver has been installed and the Windows 10, version 1903 feature update has been automatically offered to you....
  9. Disable windows from auto updating on Windows 10 home single language edition

Disable windows from auto updating on Windows 10 home single language edition: [ATTACH] This is data usage of yesterday only . When I activated a data package I don't have time to use them, the system have already used them to update . You see when I activate a 250Mb package I don't get a chance to use them....
  10. Can we disable Win Auto Update on win 10 Pro ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can we disable Win Auto Update on win 10 Pro ?: As the title said, can we disable win auto update on win 10 pro ? i read somewhere on internet the difference between pro and enterprise is 10 pro can not disable auto update, only can defer it for 8 months (?) 90461