Windows 10: Can I disable the touchpad in a Lenovo laptop?

Discus and support Can I disable the touchpad in a Lenovo laptop? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In June a friend bought a Lenovo Z50-70 laptop running Win 8.1. He particularly dislikes touchpads so uses a mouse. In 8.1 I was able to disable the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jeh, Sep 3, 2015.

1. JEH
    jeh Win User

Can I disable the touchpad in a Lenovo laptop?

In June a friend bought a Lenovo Z50-70 laptop running Win 8.1. He particularly dislikes touchpads so uses a mouse. In 8.1 I was able to disable the touchpad for him, via Device Manager. He's now updated to Win 10 and the touchpad has come back to life. I've been trying to disable it again, so far without success.

In "Settings", the only option under touchpad is to alter the delay on using "click". No help there so I went to Control Panel.

In "Device Manager > Mice and other pointing devices" there are only two options, "HID-compliant mouse" (which has a disable option) and "Lenovo Pointing Device", which I assume refers to the touch pad (is this assumption right?) and which can be uninstalled but has no "disable" option.

In "Device Manager > Human Interface Devices" amongst other things there are two entries both named "HID-compliant vendor-defined device". Both can potentially be disabled, but without further knowledge I'm disinclined to disable them in case I inadvertently disable the mouse in the process.

Any advice will be appreciated

:)

2. tystrains Win User

Disable touchpad

How to disable touchpad on Lenovo Ideapad 310

tystrains, Sep 3, 2015
  3. MERagel44 Win User
    Win 10 - disable touchpad

I have a Lenovo T420s that was Win 7. I use the Trackpoint so, I had the Touchpad disabled. I've upgraded to Win 10 and the TouchPad is now active; I can't find the way to disable the TouchPad under Win 10. Having the TouchPad active while using the TrackPoint
    is a constant aggravation. How do I turn it off?

MERagel44, Sep 3, 2015
  4. Can I disable the touchpad in a Lenovo laptop?

Cluster Head, Sep 3, 2015
  5. JEH
    jeh Win User
    Thanks Cluster Head for confirming my assumption. I'd already checked (from Device Manager) that the Driver for that device is up-to-date.

6. You should be able to. There should be a short key on the keyboard, or you would go into the control panels and go to the mouse devices.

ukcatsfan83, Sep 4, 2015
  7. Stanl Win User
    Stanl, Jan 12, 2018
  8. Can I disable the touchpad in a Lenovo laptop?

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can I disable the touchpad in a Lenovo laptop?

1. Can I disable the touchpad in a Lenovo laptop? - Similar Threads - disable touchpad Lenovo

2. How can I disable my touchpad on a lenovo ideapad laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I disable my touchpad on a lenovo ideapad laptop?: Model: Lenovo Ideapad S145 15APII want to disable my touchpad but I cant do it. I usually disable it by pressing F6 but after I updated my computer the button doesnt disable it with or without fn. Any help?...
  3. How can I disable my touchpad on a lenovo ideapad laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable my touchpad on a lenovo ideapad laptop?: Model: Lenovo Ideapad S145 15APII want to disable my touchpad but I cant do it. I usually disable it by pressing F6 but after I updated my computer the button doesnt disable it with or without fn. Any help?...
  4. How can I disable my touchpad on a lenovo ideapad laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No options to disable tap-to-click or gestures on touchpad - Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No options to disable tap-to-click or gestures on touchpad - Lenovo laptop: Hi, I recently purchased a Lenovo V15 IIL laptop Windows 11 and cannot seem to disable the tap-to-click or gestures on the touchpad. I have tried numerous other guides and fixes but nothing will work.To be clear, I do not want to disable the touchpad. I just want to be able...
  6. No options to disable tap-to-click or gestures on touchpad - Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No options to disable tap-to-click or gestures on touchpad - Lenovo laptop: Hi, I recently purchased a Lenovo V15 IIL laptop Windows 11 and cannot seem to disable the tap-to-click or gestures on the touchpad. I have tried numerous other guides and fixes but nothing will work.To be clear, I do not want to disable the touchpad. I just want to be able...
  7. how do I disable the touchpad on my lenovo?

how do I disable the touchpad on my lenovo?: I used to be able to turn off the touchpad when I have an external mouse plugged in. I can't do this any longer since Windows updates a few months back. What do I do now?...
  8. How do I disable the touchpad on my Lenovo laptop?

How do I disable the touchpad on my Lenovo laptop?: The text began to jump so I lowered the sensitivity on the touchpad to low. This helped a little but there is still some jumping when I type. Going to settings shows that the touchpad is enabled but I cannnot find any way to uncheck the box. I use a wireless mouse and am...
  9. touchpad enable/disable hot key on lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    touchpad enable/disable hot key on lenovo laptop: often when I start my Lenovo laptop the touchpad and pointer is not enabled! as you can imagine trying to get a laptop to do anything without a touchpad is very difficult. I have tried to get into the touchpad function window via 'settings' arrows, touchpad, arrow/stop key...
  10. Need to Disable Touchpad for Lenovo Yoga

Need to Disable Touchpad for Lenovo Yoga: The plastic cover for the touchpad is damaged which makes the cursor jump around. I tried uninstalling the Lenovo Pointing Device and drivers several times. I have an external mouse that works fine but I'm unable to select to use this exclusively in settings. How can I choose...