Windows 10: Can i download a different version of windows onto a new pc than the one im running on my...

Discus and support Can i download a different version of windows onto a new pc than the one im running on my... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Im building a pc and i want to download windows 10 pro onto it with a USB stick, however i have windows 10 home and people have been telling me that i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CJ.75, Jul 15, 2018.

1. CJ.75 Win User

Can i download a different version of windows onto a new pc than the one im running on my...

Im building a pc and i want to download windows 10 pro onto it with a USB stick, however i have windows 10 home and people have been telling me that i can only download the version im running on the old pc onto the new one. Is this true and if not can someone advise me on how to do this download. Appoligies for spelling mistake and confusing word choices, i didn't know how to phrase this.

:)

CJ.75, Jul 15, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 15, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 15, 2018
  4. malware Win User

Can i download a different version of windows onto a new pc than the one im running on my...

Microsoft Windows 7 RC Available for Download

The wait is over, Microsoft has published the official download page for Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC), that's not some pirated torrent link. Offered now directly from Microsoft are five different language versions (English, German, Japanese, French, and Spanish) of both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7 RC. Minimum system specs to run Windows 7 include:
    • 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
    • 1 GB RAM (32-bit) / 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
    • 16 GB available disk space (32-bit) / 20 GB (64-bit)
    • DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
    Don't waste more time, and go directly to the Windows 7 RC download page.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Can i download a different version of windows onto a new pc than the one im running on my... - Similar Threads - download different version

2. Running Different Version Of Windows with digital license of different version of Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running Different Version Of Windows with digital license of different version of Windows.: Hello Guys, Please Help Me. I recently factory reset my pc and accidently downloaded Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home Single Language. It had not been activated as I have lost the product key. It says this device has the digital license of Windows 10 Home Single...
  3. Running Different Version Of Windows with digital license of different version of Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running Different Version Of Windows with digital license of different version of Windows.: Hello Guys, Please Help Me. I recently factory reset my pc and accidently downloaded Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home Single Language. It had not been activated as I have lost the product key. It says this device has the digital license of Windows 10 Home Single...
  4. im having trouble conecting to the internet. ive just downloaded windows onto a new pc it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im having trouble conecting to the internet. ive just downloaded windows onto a new pc it...: can anyone help with this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-trouble-conecting-to-the-internet-ive/515786d4-a429-49c6-8bcc-9d0eb087ba36
  5. im having trouble conecting to the internet. ive just downloaded windows onto a new pc it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    im having trouble conecting to the internet. ive just downloaded windows onto a new pc it...: can anyone help with this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-trouble-conecting-to-the-internet-ive/515786d4-a429-49c6-8bcc-9d0eb087ba36
  6. Can I install Windows 10 onto my new desktop PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I install Windows 10 onto my new desktop PC?: I just finished building my first dektop PC and I would like to install Windows 10 but I do not have acces to any other Windows Devices so how do I install Windows 10?...
  7. Downloading windows onto a new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading windows onto a new PC: So I recently bought a new PC and when windows starts to install on it I get this message. "Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer, restart the installation". But even whe I restart I still get the message. Can someone help?...
  8. What ways can I install windows onto my new PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What ways can I install windows onto my new PC?: I just recently built my first pc and am transitioning from a Mac to the PC. I’m not too tech savvy and am amazed that I was able to build the computer without breaking anything but windows as an OS and installing it is a whole new world to me. I do recognize that it will be...
  9. Built a new PC and downloaded windows off of my old one onto it but can’t activate it? Need...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Built a new PC and downloaded windows off of my old one onto it but can’t activate it? Need...: My old PC came pre installed with windows and I have the product key but anytime I try to activate it using that code it says it didn’t work even though I know I’m putting it in right? Am I doing something wrong? It’s a windows 8.1, any help would be useful submitted by...
  10. how can I download google chrome onto my Windows PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can I download google chrome onto my Windows PC: How can I download google chrome on my windows 10 PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-download-google-chrome-onto-my-windows/c2f6bc6b-837d-465f-8ad4-e0d60c71478b