Windows 10: Can I download the Windows 10 iso to a Windows 7 machine?

Discus and support Can I download the Windows 10 iso to a Windows 7 machine? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have read the tutorial by Brink, it's very straight forward and helpful, however it assumes using Widows 10 as the download system. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by abe, Apr 1, 2018.

1. ABE
    abe Win User

Can I download the Windows 10 iso to a Windows 7 machine?

I have read the tutorial by Brink, it's very straight forward and helpful, however it assumes using Widows 10
    as the download system. I have downloaded iso files in the past on my Windows 10 machine but am unable to
    burn them to a DVD, I have always had to move the file to my Windows 7 machine and use it, ( it never fails).
    Could I eliminate this step and down load directly to my Windows 7 machine?
    I am planning a re-install of Windows 10 home edition which hopefully will get me past the current problem
    of being unable to update to the newest version of 10.
    Thank you for looking.

:)

2. When can I download the official Windows 10 ISO

When can I download the official Windows 10 .ISO file?!

because I didn't get the GWX icon or such update!

and some people have Windows XP installed on there computers!!.

marwan alisamil, Apr 1, 2018
  3. JimWynne Win User
    When can I download the official Windows 10 ISO

As far as I know at this point no url has been announced for downloading the ISO.

JimWynne, Apr 1, 2018
  4. Can I download the Windows 10 iso to a Windows 7 machine?

ThrashZone, Apr 1, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    Yes, the Media Creation Tool used to make an ISO or USB in Option One of this tutorial runs equally well on Windows 7.

You may need to untick to option to 'Use the recommended options for this PC'and choose options appropriate for the target PC.

Bree, Apr 1, 2018
  6. AddRAM Win User
    You can download a W10 Iso file to any PC you want.

Here`s a site you should bookmark.

TechBench by WZT (v4.1.1)

And here`s a link to a very simple burning program that works perfectly. And always burn dvd`s at the slowest possible speed.

Free ISO Burner

AddRAM, Apr 1, 2018
  7. ABE
    abe Win User
    Thanks to everyone for the help.*Thumbs*Thumbs*Thumbs

8. ABE
    abe Win User

Yes, I moved the file to my 2nd. laptop a lenovo Thinkpad L512 running Windows 7 and burned it
    there. This Lenovo is now dual booted with Windows 7 Pro and Windows 10 Pro.
    My main machine, an Acer Aspire M laptop is now dual booted with Widows 7 Ultimate and Windows 10 Home Edition.
    I would have gone with Win. 10 Pro on this machine as well except I already had a valid license key for the Home Edition.
    I can see right away that the new 1709 build is much better than what I had before.

9. ABE
    abe Win User
    Success, Thanks again for the help.
    The free iso burner here, Free ISO Burner, did not work, however it identified the problem as a
    hardware problem, it's the only burner I've used that actually did this.

10. Bree New Member
    *Thumbs

DVD drives seem more prone to failing than any other component of a PC, lasers don't last forever *Sad or was it just a dirty lens?

11. ABE
    abe Win User
    I never actually checked the details of the error code.

12. AddRAM Win User
    Did you have to use another dvd drive to burn the disc ?

Details ?

AddRAM, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I download the Windows 10 iso to a Windows 7 machine? - Similar Threads - download iso machine

2. Is there any trustworthy sites I can download a Windows 7 ISO from?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any trustworthy sites I can download a Windows 7 ISO from?: Hi. I've got a laptop, and I'm wanting to experiment with it. Is there any way I can install a Windows 7 ISO from any websites that I can use onto Rufus?...
  3. Is there any trustworthy sites I can download a Windows 7 ISO from?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any trustworthy sites I can download a Windows 7 ISO from?: Hi. I've got a laptop, and I'm wanting to experiment with it. Is there any way I can install a Windows 7 ISO from any websites that I can use onto Rufus?...
  4. Download windows 7 iso

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download windows 7 iso: Untuk menginstal ulang leptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-windows-7-iso/4a4af8d7-2765-47bb-85e9-452385d0fbb6
  5. Download windows 7 iso

Download windows 7 iso: Untuk menginstal ulang leptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-windows-7-iso/4a4af8d7-2765-47bb-85e9-452385d0fbb6
  6. Where can I get Windows 7 iso?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I get Windows 7 iso?: I am trying to reinstall my windows as my hdd crashed. I saw the "Download Windows 7 from internet I have Pro.duct Key?" thread but the links for the iso downloads are not working...
  7. where i can download windows 10 developer iso

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where i can download windows 10 developer iso: Hello,I am looking for window 10 developing iso. Can you share a link please? A can see just windows 11 at the moment but like i said I am looking for Windows 10Many thanks,https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/virtual-machines/...
  8. where i can download windows 10 developer iso

where i can download windows 10 developer iso: Hello,I am looking for window 10 developing iso. Can you share a link please? A can see just windows 11 at the moment but like i said I am looking for Windows 10Many thanks,https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/virtual-machines/...
  9. Where can I get a Windows 7 ISO?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I get a Windows 7 ISO?: I wanted to install Windows 7 on an old/retro PC build. for nostalgic reasons. Yes, I know the security risks, I won't put any important stuff on the PC, just want to get the feel of Windows 7 again. It has special place in my heart :Thanks in advance :...
  10. Where can I get a Windows 7 ISO?

Where can I get a Windows 7 ISO?: I wanted to install Windows 7 on an old/retro PC build. for nostalgic reasons. Yes, I know the security risks, I won't put any important stuff on the PC, just want to get the feel of Windows 7 again. It has special place in my heart :Thanks in advance :...