Windows 10: Can I download Win 10 on a Win 7 OS Laptop?

Discus and support Can I download Win 10 on a Win 7 OS Laptop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am due to change my 4 year old win 7 Acer laptop which is running hot very slow and getting low on resources. I have seen a new Dell Windows 7 Laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by papeter, Jun 11, 2015.

1. papeter Win User

Can I download Win 10 on a Win 7 OS Laptop?

I am due to change my 4 year old win 7 Acer laptop which is running hot very slow and getting low on resources. I have seen a new Dell Windows 7 Laptop for sale with the spec I need. Should I get this new Dell Win7 now and download the new Win 10 OS when it's officially launched in July/Aug?

Thanks guys

:)

papeter, Jun 11, 2015

2. Dual boot with win 10 upgrade using win 10 pro license?

I understand the the win 10 upgrade is an overwrite of the existing OS (which is win 7 sp2 for me). Can I buy the win 10 pro license as an upgrade to the win 10 upgrade? then download the upgrade and create a dual boot with the existing win 7? What is the
    procedure for dual boot?

thank you,

win 7 home sp2

i7

16gb

HotmailShawn, Jun 11, 2015
  3. win 7 to win 10

I have a laptop whose win 7 hard drive failed. I no longer have the HP installed win 7 files. Do I need to download and reinstall win 7 to do the free upgrade to 10 or can I somehow use the valid win 7 product key which I have and install the free win
    10 OS?

HenryTeuwen, Jun 11, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

Either way would be ok, but I would just wait till the release and buy the Dell with win10 on it, unless the sale is to good to miss out on

caperjack, Jun 11, 2015
  5. papeter Win User
    Thanks Caperjack your'e right I'll wait.

papeter, Jun 11, 2015
  6. Can I download Win 10 on a Win 7 OS Laptop?

Yes, and you can also test drive it if you want.
    See: Windows 10 - Dual Boot with Windows 7 or Windows 8 - Windows 10 Forums

I agree with the caperjack - your call.

There might be some heavy discounting after Win10 RTM - but with the free upgrade offer who knows if hte 'previous' models will be discounted that much.

There might be some great promotions on new models and they would have updated hardware too (USB 3.1 c for example)

If it was my decision, I would wait ... watch the sales, and then get the most and best for my money.

edit:
    ASUS is currently my preferred vendor - might run a bit more $$, but the machine and service are worth it

Slartybart, Jun 11, 2015
  7. papeter Win User
    Thank you Slartybart.

papeter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I download Win 10 on a Win 7 OS Laptop? - Similar Threads - download Laptop

2. I want a download pdf of surface go 3 laptop user manual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want a download pdf of surface go 3 laptop user manual: Where can i download a Surface go 3 laptop user manual? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-a-download-pdf-of-surface-go-3-laptop-user/86f89767-8dcf-4fb2-8193-4de9145bcc0f
  3. I want a download pdf of surface go 3 laptop user manual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want a download pdf of surface go 3 laptop user manual: Where can i download a Surface go 3 laptop user manual? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-a-download-pdf-of-surface-go-3-laptop-user/86f89767-8dcf-4fb2-8193-4de9145bcc0f
  4. I want a download pdf of surface go 3 laptop user manual

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I can’t download NVIDIA drivers on my laptop, it’s a Dell Precision M4800. I tried the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t download NVIDIA drivers on my laptop, it’s a Dell Precision M4800. I tried the...: What I tried to download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-download-nvidia-drivers-on-my-laptop-its-a/7194b9d7-41e7-4dbb-b937-28d1d4a30152
  6. I can’t download NVIDIA drivers on my laptop, it’s a Dell Precision M4800. I tried the...

I can’t download NVIDIA drivers on my laptop, it’s a Dell Precision M4800. I tried the...: What I tried to download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-download-nvidia-drivers-on-my-laptop-its-a/7194b9d7-41e7-4dbb-b937-28d1d4a30152
  7. I can’t download NVIDIA drivers on my laptop, it’s a Dell Precision M4800. I tried the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Help!! My laptop is running slow after downloading a cracked minecraft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help!! My laptop is running slow after downloading a cracked minecraft: Someone please help!! After I downloaded a free cracked Minecraft from a link in YT , my acer laptop was working perfectly fine and it was running smoothly, but then the next day when I turned my laptop on, It started lagging a lot, my apps are taking so slow to open and when...
  9. Help!! My laptop is running slow after downloading a cracked minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help!! My laptop is running slow after downloading a cracked minecraft: Someone please help!! After I downloaded a free cracked Minecraft from a link in YT , my acer laptop was working perfectly fine and it was running smoothly, but then the next day when I turned my laptop on, It started lagging a lot, my apps are taking so slow to open and when...
  10. Help!! My laptop is running slow after downloading a cracked minecraft