Windows 10: Can I Factory Reset to Win 7 after upgrading to Windows 10?

Discus and support Can I Factory Reset to Win 7 after upgrading to Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Question on behalf of a friend, he has a Fujitsu AH530 which had Windows 7 OEM installed and he upgraded to Windows 10 Insider Preview and then to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by scopio, Oct 19, 2015.

1. scopio Win User

Can I Factory Reset to Win 7 after upgrading to Windows 10?

Question on behalf of a friend, he has a Fujitsu AH530 which had Windows 7 OEM installed and he upgraded to Windows 10 Insider Preview and then to Windows 10 from Microsoft Standalone Package, but he now wants to go back to Windows 7, he has used Windows 10 for longer than 30 days so he cannot reset it back from within Windows 10. Can he recover to factory settings using the Recovery Partition or will he need to purchase Recovery Disk from Fujitsu?

:)

scopio, Oct 19, 2015
  2. T-David Win User

Unable to upgrade to W10,

The reset will install all the HP software as it was from the factory, so no pure Win 7 . I first had to restore / downgrade to Win 7 and then used the F11 key for the factory reset. If the Win 10 upgrade is not complete you can back though it will take
    some time to clean up. The Windows and HP updates after the factory reset took hours so be prepared if you choose to do so.

T-David, Oct 19, 2015
  3. scraftys Win User
    Win 10 Factory Reset and others

Yo, I have Win 7 Home, but I have a few questions here...

1. When I factory reset will I be able to update to 10 AFTER I get 10?

-ie. I upgrade to win10 and/or reinstall windows or factory reset. Can I get win10 again

2. Can I move my win 10 to different computers (I plan on getting a new rig)

scraftys, Oct 19, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

As long as the Recovery Partition is still there, there shouldn't be any reason why he couldn't . Also, he would be wise to check out Fujitsu support site as to how to reset to factory setting within the recovery

sn00ker, Oct 19, 2015
  5. Determining whether Recovery and Utility is pre-loaded
    1 Turn on or reboot your system. When the Fujitsu logo appears, press [F12] key.
    2 From the Boot Menu that appears, check whether the <Recovery and Utility> option is present. If it is not present, it means that the utility must be used from the disc. Proceed to “Running Recovery and Utility from the Bootable Disc” if <Recovery and Utility> is unavailable.
    3 You can also use the SecureCore menu to determine whether the utility is pre-loaded by powering on your system then pressing the [Enter] key when the Fujitsu logo appears on the screen. The SecureCore Menu will appear and the Recovery and Utility option will appear in the menu.

Running Recovery and Utility from hard disk
    1 Turn on or reboot your system. When the Fujitsu logo appears, press [F12] key.
    2 Cursor down to <Recovery and Utility> and press the [Enter] key.
    3 While the files are being loaded from the disc, a progress bar will appear at the bottom of the screen.
    4 When the System Recovery Options dialog opens, select a new keyboard layout, if necessary, then click [Next].
    5 When the Operating System dialog appears, select “Use recovery tools...”, then click [Next].
    6 If necessary, enter your password, then click [OK].
    7 When System Recovery Options window appears, click on Recovery and Utility.
    8 The Recovery and Utility screen appears on the screen with three tabs: Diagnostics, Recovery and Utility. Please note that Diagnostics tab is not supported on certain LifeBook/Stylistic models when running Recovery and Utility from the hard disk. In order to restore the operating system, please use the middle icon “Restoring the Factory Image (only C:\drive)” under the Recovery tab.

Manual in .pdf format http://solutions.us.fujitsu.com/www/...-01ENZ0-00.pdf

Torquemada, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I Factory Reset to Win 7 after upgrading to Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Factory Reset upgrading

2. Window 7 not powering on after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 7 not powering on after factory reset: Hello i have a old Eee pc with windows 7 on it and I just went though factory resetting it though the command prompt every thing went normal intell it was done. The laptop turned off and now won’t turn back on and it is not showing lights when I plug it in or lights on the...
  3. Window 7 not powering on after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 7 not powering on after factory reset: Hello i have a old Eee pc with windows 7 on it and I just went though factory resetting it though the command prompt every thing went normal intell it was done. The laptop turned off and now won’t turn back on and it is not showing lights when I plug it in or lights on the...
  4. Factory Reset A Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Reset A Win 10: I have a win 10 in which factory reset is not possible as when I go into the screen which shows the reset options only the UEFI option shows in the Advanced mode, picture for ref...
  5. Upgrading to Windows 10 after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Windows 10 after factory reset: Hi, My hp laptop came with windows 8.1 pre-installed. I updated to windows 10 when the offer was available. As my system's usage of ram, disk and cpu are high even on idle, I want to do a factory reset. If I do the factory reset my pc will go back to windows 8.1. Would I be...
  6. Upgrade to windows 10 after factory reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade to windows 10 after factory reset: Hi guys, my laptop have an issue where i need to reset it. It was originally windows 8.1. After i reset my laptop, can i upgrade it back to windows 10? submitted by /u/darkflash931 [link] [comments]...
  7. AFTER UPGRADE TO WIN 10--CAN I DELETE OLD WIN 7 FOLDERS?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AFTER UPGRADE TO WIN 10--CAN I DELETE OLD WIN 7 FOLDERS?: I recently upgraded an older HP Desktop purchased mid 2011 from Win 7 to Win 10. After some research and help from MS Community, I have it running satisfactorily. I do, however, have a number of folders left behind from the Win 7 OS. I can identify them from the "2011" date....
  8. upgrading to windows 10 after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading to windows 10 after factory reset: Hi I upgraded for free from windows 7 to windows 10 home a few years back. I just had to reset my computer to factory settings, and it seems it is stuck on windows 7 service pack 1. How do I get windows 10 ?...
  9. after factory reset of win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after factory reset of win 10: how do I restore my Microsoft games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-factory-reset-of-win-10/70bb7097-637f-4fb7-9260-a1d7bb98e7da
  10. Factory Reset After Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Factory Reset After Windows 10 Upgrade: I have a small laptop running Windows 8 that I'd like to give to a friend after I install Windows 10. If I do a factory reset to remove all my stuff, will it retain Windows 10 or will it revert back to 8? 18379