Windows 10: Can I fix sign-on to require no password when I'm home?

Discus and support Can I fix sign-on to require no password when I'm home? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop is password-protected, which is fine when I leave the house with it, but a nuisance at home. I know some smartphones can be set to require no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Newmaven, May 24, 2016.

1. Newmaven Win User

Can I fix sign-on to require no password when I'm home?

My laptop is password-protected, which is fine when I leave the house with it, but a nuisance at home. I know some smartphones can be set to require no password when in range of my home wi-fi; can Win 10 do the same, and if so, how?

:)

Newmaven, May 24, 2016
  2. DavidJMY Win User

Stuck as guest account and can't login as administartor.

I've updated to window 10 two days ago. Today when I turn the computer on it asked for password. I changed setting to not require password to login since I'm the only one using this computer. After that somehow I found that I'm logged in as guest account.
    I been trying to log back in as administrator without success. I tried just about everything I can find on internet. Every time I try to change anything User Account Control pops up requesting password but with no way to enter password and yes button is grayed
    out. And when signing out of account only one user is available to select. Also I'm still required to enter password even though "Password not required when waking from sleep" is in red font on Sign-in Option in account setting page.

DavidJMY, May 24, 2016
  3. bjh1947 Win User
    Windows 10 lock screen

I have windows 10. When I leave the computer it immediately reverts back to the lock screen and requires sign-in with my password. Can this be fixed?

bjh1947, May 24, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

"laptop is password-protected"
    "require no password when in range of my home wi-fi"

Those are actually 2 different things, the first is to get the computer working and the second is for connecting to your Wi-Fi Router. My Wi-Fi connection is set to Connect Automatically and usually remembers when I've been connected, sometimes even to Routers where I have use the Notebook.

Berton, May 24, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    He wants his computer to act the same way his cell phone does. My cell phone has "smart" options (or something like that, I don't use it). Basically when the cell phone sees the home WiFi signal it loads a profile which does not require the user to unlock the screen - it is just always unlocked. When the home WiFi signal is gone, it loads a profile which does require the user to unlock the screen.

Unfortunately, Windows 10 has no such options.

NavyLCDR, May 24, 2016
  6. Newmaven Win User
    Shucks.

But thanks anyway.

Newmaven, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I fix sign-on to require no password when I'm home? - Similar Threads - fix sign require

2. Computer Doesn't Require Password When Signing In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Doesn't Require Password When Signing In: I cannot change the Account > Sign In Options > "If you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again?" The option is greyed out with "Authentication is not required when this PC wakes from sleep.I don't know who in their right mind would want their PC to...
  3. Computer Doesn't Require Password When Signing In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Doesn't Require Password When Signing In: I cannot change the Account > Sign In Options > "If you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again?" The option is greyed out with "Authentication is not required when this PC wakes from sleep.I don't know who in their right mind would want their PC to...
  4. Can't see what I'm writing when signing in on home screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't see what I'm writing when signing in on home screen: Hi, I have a new Dell Inspiron 3000 laptop. I've set up a pin on the home screen and up until yesterday it was working fine. Now, when I type in my password, I can't see any dots registering that I'm typing my pin in. The cursor just blinks at the start like nothing is...
  5. How can I remove the password/pin for when I sign in?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I remove the password/pin for when I sign in?: BEFORE YOU TYPE AWAY SAYING "netplwiz" NO! I already tried "netplwiz" but that box I need to check doesn't show up! [IMG]Is there any alternatives or way to get the box to show up?...
  6. Password required at each sign in.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password required at each sign in.: How can I bypass requirements of entering password with each start up of the computer. Netplwiz no longer shows [ ] box to untick to disallow other persons signing in....
  7. Sign-in Requiring Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign-in Requiring Password: I am signed in to a local account as administrator. Under If you've been away, when should Windows require a sign-in, Never is selected. I was forced to set up windows 10 using my windows account and to set a pin. I subsequently changed to a local account. Why does...
  8. Can't disable "Sign-in password required"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't disable "Sign-in password required": Windows 10 Pro version 1909, build 18363.535. Up until recently I wasn't required to enter a password to log in, this is my personal computer at home. I had added my old job's email address a bit ago, but I no longer work there. It wasn't letting me remove it and kept...
  9. Admin password required for sign-in password.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin password required for sign-in password.: Hey. Is there a way I can make windows to ask for my admin password to confirm when changing the sign-in password for windows? Just curious. 119339
  10. Microsoft Account Required Sign in and Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Required Sign in and Password: New Windows 10 Home desktop. I put in Carol when it asked who would use the computer. After a restart, it showed Carol and Welcome, then I could just click on it and use it. The only user was Carol and no password was needed. That was OK. I set a system restore point,...