Windows 10: Can I fix this without a Clean reinstall?

Discus and support Can I fix this without a Clean reinstall? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was having boot problems for awhile. No boot on restart primarily. I fiddled around running various commands and one of them fixed the problem, most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ztruker, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Ztruker Win User

Can I fix this without a Clean reinstall?

I was having boot problems for awhile. No boot on restart primarily. I fiddled around running various commands and one of them fixed the problem, most likely fix boot problem tool of Macrium Reflect.

Now the system boots correctly on power up and on a restart. I then upgraded ny 250Gb Samsung EVO SSD to a 500GB EVO SSD by cloning. Disk Management doesn't look right to me. I thought Boot should be separate from the OS C: partition.

This is what it looks like now.

Can I fix this without a Clean reinstall? [​IMG]

Code: C:\Users\ztruk>diskpart Microsoft DiskPart version 10.0.17134.1 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. On computer: DESKTOP DISKPART> list disk Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- --- Disk 0 Online 465 GB 0 B * Disk 1 Online 1863 GB 129 MB * Disk 2 Online 1397 GB 2048 KB * Disk 3 No Media 0 B 0 B DISKPART> sel disk 0 Disk 0 is now the selected disk. DISKPART> list par Partition ### Type Size Offset ------------- ---------------- ------- ------- Partition 1 Recovery 499 MB 1024 KB Partition 2 System 100 MB 500 MB Partition 3 Reserved 16 MB 600 MB Partition 4 Primary 465 GB 616 MB DISKPART> exit[/quote] Can I fix this without a Clean reinstall?

I have a good Macrium backup so can try pretty much anything.

:)

Ztruker, Jul 27, 2018

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Geethu B Win User
    SOLVED: Windows Update KB3124262 - HOW DO I GET THIS TO INSTALL OR KILL IT? - Clean Reinstall Fixed it

Hi Jack,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with installing a Windows Update
    KB3124262 and receive error code
    0x00000003. I appreciate your efforts,
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Incorrect Windows Update settings.

2. Conflict between third party applications.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run “Windows Update troubleshooter” to diagnose the exact issue. It will fix common issues related to Windows Update.

a. Press Windows key from the keyboard.

b. Type Troubleshooting in the search box.

c. Select View all option from the left panel.

d. Then select Windows Update option from the list and follow the onscreen instructions.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check if it helps. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the
    issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Warning:

• Applies to Windows 10.

• After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer
      to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Toothless Win User

Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I fix this without a Clean reinstall? - Similar Threads - fix without Clean

2. Can a clean reinstall remove this type of ransomware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a clean reinstall remove this type of ransomware: I got a type of ransomware that encrypted all files and added .aabn at the end, I have researched and found out that I can't decrypt them since my pc was online at the time of the attack, can a clean install of windows remove it?...
  3. Can a clean reinstall remove this type of ransomware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can a clean reinstall remove this type of ransomware: I got a type of ransomware that encrypted all files and added .aabn at the end, I have researched and found out that I can't decrypt them since my pc was online at the time of the attack, can a clean install of windows remove it?...
  4. Can I convert the disk without diskpart clean

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I convert the disk without diskpart clean: Can I convert the disk without diskpart clean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-convert-the-disk-without-diskpart-clean/b693545c-f32a-4eb4-81a3-bb3aea76481b
  5. Can you reinstal windows without reinstaling.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you reinstal windows without reinstaling.: What i meen its to delete all files on pc without the windows files. submitted by /u/bmihai358 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/motdri/can_you_reinstal_windows_without_reinstaling/
  6. Can someone toll me how to fix this WITHOUT reinstalling windows?

Can someone toll me how to fix this WITHOUT reinstalling windows?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/that_0ne_reddit0r [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kw7rwa/can_someone_toll_me_how_to_fix_this_without/
  7. Can I reinstall Win10 without owning it?

Can I reinstall Win10 without owning it?: I'm looking to sell my oldl gaming laptop which I bought from a friend a while back with Win10 installed. Now I am looking to resell it and want to have a clean install (or any other way to remove all of my files etc) will this be possible and if so, how? submitted by...
  8. I installed the wrong version of windows, how can i fix without reinstalling.

I installed the wrong version of windows, how can i fix without reinstalling.: I did the blunder of installing Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home premium, so of course it won't accept my activation key. And i really wouldnt like to reinstall again, is there any way to change versions? submitted by /u/hanzn [link] [comments]...
  9. can i reinstall a microsoft store app without deleting it?

can i reinstall a microsoft store app without deleting it?: i want to reinstall an app which is quite large in size like 5gb..if i uninstall and then install from the store..i'll have to redownload it..is there a way i can reinstall it without deleting its data so i dont have to download it again..if there isnt, dont you think there...
  10. can i reinstall windows 10 without paying?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i reinstall windows 10 without paying?: can i reinstall windows 10 without paying? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-reinstall-windows-10-without-paying/ed12f0f4-cd31-4004-b6b8-ae89239c4408