Windows 10: can i force win8 touch keyboard?

Discus and support can i force win8 touch keyboard? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; win10 version sucks. pressing touch keyboard icon on taskbar with pin on win1- will launch the handwriting panel. i rarely ever actually want that,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ksdixon, Feb 15, 2016.

1. ksdixon Win User

can i force win8 touch keyboard?

win10 version sucks.

• pressing touch keyboard icon on taskbar with pin on win1- will launch the handwriting panel. i rarely ever actually want that, i just use the pen because it's easier to use that than fat thumbs. back on windows 8, the normal touch keyboard would still load when you pressed touch keyboard icon on taskbar with pen.
    • i hate the win10 'thumb keyboard', the second view where the letters are split off to each side. on win8 this had numbers in the middle, making entering passwords which both letters and jnumbers in them easy, on win10 the middle part where numbers used to be is a gigantic hole. 4

:)

ksdixon, Feb 15, 2016

2. Why does the Surface RT Win8 phone app not see my phone (NOK822) when I connect it?

I downloaded the Win8RT WinPhone app to my Surface, and then connected my Win8 phone (NOK822) to my Surface via USB cable, and the app never detects that the phone is connected? How do I force the recognition? I'm looking to transfer some music off the
    Surface onto my Win8 phone.

Township21, Feb 15, 2016
  3. swype

Indeed, it's personal. I have a Win8 phone and I'm incredibly sorry for buying it although it did a great impression on the first touch.

LilianaGrosu, Feb 15, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

I am not aware that you can customise the touch keyboard. Others on this forum have suggested using FreeVirtualKeyboard

philc43, Feb 15, 2016
Thema:

1. can i force win8 touch keyboard? - Similar Threads - force win8 touch

2. Touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch keyboard: The touch keyboard on the computer for some reason does not pop up automatically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard/b6392961-5f04-4886-91b0-b95c817c60b9
  3. I can see there is a touch keyboard on the taskbar, but on tapping it, no touch keybooard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can see there is a touch keyboard on the taskbar, but on tapping it, no touch keybooard...: On upgrading my Lenovo notebook from Window 10 to Window 11, I cannot access touch keyboard panel for handwriting Chinese characters.I can see there is a touch keyboard on the taskbar, but on tapping it, no touch keyboard appears on the screen. Pls advise how to open the...
  4. I can see there is a touch keyboard on the taskbar, but on tapping it, no touch keybooard...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can see there is a touch keyboard on the taskbar, but on tapping it, no touch keybooard...: On upgrading my Lenovo notebook from Window 10 to Window 11, I cannot access touch keyboard panel for handwriting Chinese characters.I can see there is a touch keyboard on the taskbar, but on tapping it, no touch keyboard appears on the screen. Pls advise how to open the...
  5. touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touch keyboard: Hi, sorry my grammar might be off because i'm 12. I've learned my cromebook is a windows 10, anyway my touchpad's keyboard stopped working. This is a problem how? Well when i move my screen and put the computer keyboard on my lap, sometimes I tap a little to hard and it...
  6. Touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touch keyboard: I use a laptop with a touch screen as my primary PC, hooked to a monitor, usb wireless keyboard and mouse. However, with the limited typing I do, I usually just pop open the touch keyboard and click away with my mouse. When I initially got the computer, after I typed in...
  7. Touch keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch keyboard: The touch keyboard on the taskbar has stopped working. What could be the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard/829ab1b7-52c5-4a19-92ef-07eb13c6f4c7
  8. touch keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touch keyboard: on my dell inspiron 13 5000series, I folded the screen back to activate tablit mode and pressed the touck keyboard icon and a blanc white space appeared on my screen where the keyboard shpuld appear. this disabled rhe icons at the bottom until I converted into laptop mode.i...
  9. Force touch keyboard to appear always?

in Windows 10 Support
    Force touch keyboard to appear always?: I have a so called "Hybrid" device. But I use it mainly in a "docked Tablet mode" like this: [img] When I undock the tablet, the touch keyboard appears correctly, but in docked mode, it won't show up. I can display the touch keyboard manually, but is there any chance...
  10. No touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    No touch keyboard: I have a windows tablet which I perhaps unwisely upgraded from Win7 to Win10. Actually Win10 is working just fine except for one problem. The touch keyboard which was in my Win7 system tray is no longer available. Win10 has an icon in the system tray which looks nearly...