Windows 10: Can i get back "Favorites" in place of "Quick access"? And updates..

Discus and support Can i get back "Favorites" in place of "Quick access"? And updates.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I couldn't find such tweak.. This is a major issue to me. I need the "Favorites" pane back where i can drop whatever i want. I use that daily! I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by unko, Dec 6, 2015.

1. unko Win User

Can i get back "Favorites" in place of "Quick access"? And updates..

I couldn't find such tweak.. This is a major issue to me. I need the "Favorites" pane back where i can drop whatever i want. I use that daily! I can't stay on 10 without it. Also, about updates, i saw there are tweaks to stop forced updates but then how is it? Do you get to choose what you want, one by one, like in the previous Windows? Please tell me, thanks!*Wink

:)

unko, Dec 6, 2015
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

hey dear thanx for ur reply

but i have done each n everything which u have asked me to do but still getting the same error

" software update cancelled "??? [Can i get back "Favorites" in place of "Quick access"? And updates.. :(]

is there any other way to update my cell with new firmware Can i get back "Favorites" in place of "Quick access"? And updates.. :(

musum, Dec 6, 2015
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Dec 6, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

still have "Favorites"...just right click a folder or file and click "Pin to Quick Access".

If don't want r recently used files and folders to appear there, uncheck the respective check boxes in Folder Options (it's under privacy).

5. unko Win User
    That's ok for folders but not apps/files and I need that!!

unko, Dec 7, 2015
  6. Hemimax Win User
    This might help, the Favorites folder is still in where it was in Win7 it is just not used by MS Edge. I created a toolbar on the taskbar with help from member Slartybar so I have quick access to it. As far as the updates I think it is all or nothing, I tweaked the local Group Policy Editor to just notify so I can download and install when I choose.

Hemimax, Dec 7, 2015
  7. YOU
    You Win User
    I'm not actually sure about pinning files and programs to Quick Access. But concerning the update question, have to either install every update or none at all. There is a workaround that totally disables Windows Update, and if choose to re-enable Windows Update, can't install the updates individually.
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/turn-o...-in-windows-10

8. Can i get back "Favorites" in place of "Quick access"? And updates..

If you look at top of desktop when you have page open you will see a star.
    Click on that and you can add either a file or folder.
    Then when you want to use it click on the 3 lines one above the other.
    That will open up your favourites and you can just click and the page/forum will open for you

hTconeM9user, Dec 7, 2015
  9. davidhk Win User
    Have a look at this tutorial.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

I am not asking you to use the tutorial, just ask you to read the Information section :

excerpt..............
    Windows 10 replaced Favorites from previous Windows with Quick access. The Quick access page is the shortest route to files you've been working on and folders you often use. These are your frequent folders and recent files.

davidhk, Dec 7, 2015
  10. unko Win User
    Some people here talk about browser.. It's about the file explorer actually.. *Wink

11. davidhk Win User
    I know what you were asking about.
    That is why I showed you the tutorial about Quick Access vs Favorites.
    The tutorial also talks about adding favorites to Quick Access.

davidhk, Dec 7, 2015
  12. unko Win User
    Yeah thanks.. Still missing files shortcuts.. Strange the Russians didn't tweak that yet.. Perhaps we missed it? *Wink

13. davidhk Win User

I wouldn't know.
    I don't follow tweaks and tricks much. Old-fashioned I am afraid.

davidhk, Dec 7, 2015
  14. You could have a look at the free Quick Cliq
    It's actively developed, small in size at 2.2 MB and very light on resources, Task Manager says it is using Memory 2.1MB & CPU 0.5% (when launched)
    It works and looks like a Windows toolbar but with many more features like:
    • Keyboard shortcut or SysTray icon to launch Quick Cliq menu
    • Font choices plus Bold etc which is great for touch screens
    • Launch an item from the Quick Cliq menu using a key
    It's portable so if it's not what you want just delete the folder *Smile
    Quick Cliq - portable application launcher and clipboard manager

FrillyBits, Dec 8, 2015
  15. unko Win User
    Thanks, that's a nice one. However, in my case, i'd need it to show as a persistent menu (like a mini window..) because some of my shortcut are somekind of script and i usually drop files onto them..

Thema:

1. Can i get back "Favorites" in place of "Quick access"? And updates.. - Similar Threads - Favorites place Quick

2. How to get quick access back and remove "reccomended" bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get quick access back and remove "reccomended" bar: Since a recent windows 11 update, under the "home" tab in file explorer quick access has been replaced with a stupid "reccomended" tool which dispays any useless junk on you pc.It is not clear how to revert it or at least get rid of the "reccomended" toolI want to post a...
  3. How to get quick access back and remove "reccomended" bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get quick access back and remove "reccomended" bar: Since a recent windows 11 update, under the "home" tab in file explorer quick access has been replaced with a stupid "reccomended" tool which dispays any useless junk on you pc.It is not clear how to revert it or at least get rid of the "reccomended" toolI want to post a...
  4. Can I get my Quick access and Favorites back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I get my Quick access and Favorites back: I use my quick access and favorite FOLDERS not files to get quick info for my classes. These options appear to be gone. The Home area doen't have anything under it I understand thats the new quick access...but now I have to use file explorer like I did years ago...not...
  5. Can I get my Quick access and Favorites back

Can I get my Quick access and Favorites back: I use my quick access and favorite FOLDERS not files to get quick info for my classes. These options appear to be gone. The Home area doen't have anything under it I understand thats the new quick access...but now I have to use file explorer like I did years ago...not...
  6. Why do pinned or favorited files keep disappearing from Quick Access and Favorites?

Why do pinned or favorited files keep disappearing from Quick Access and Favorites?: Pinned and favorited files kept disappearing from Quick Access and Favorites in recent update of Windows 10. Updated to Windows 11 and same problem remains.Pinning files to Quick Access is successful, then a day later the files are no longer in Quick Access. Same issue with...
  7. Quick Access Favorites Folders are being Deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access Favorites Folders are being Deleted: Windows 10 21H1Ill play a game, and when i load the game, Windows Will Suddenly DELETE my Favorites Folders... ALL of themwhen i goto the folder C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinationsIts empty, where once i had 15 destinations,...
  8. please how can i get the microsoft store app back in place

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    please how can i get the microsoft store app back in place: Today while I was using my device to purchase an app on Microsoft store, I accidentally uninstalled it in the process and I;m looking for a a way to get it back and it is really hard , I don't know what I'm supposed to do...
  9. What is the difference between the Favorites and the Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the difference between the Favorites and the Quick Access?: In the File explorer there is the Favorite folder. I can add folder links there to access tem after. The bad thing about it is that I can not unfold it to directyl access targets inside. so every time I need to access one of my favorites I have to first navigate to the...
  10. Documents folder in quick access pointing to wrong place.

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents folder in quick access pointing to wrong place.: Hi, In the quick access area of the file browser the documents folder is pointing to a drive that no longer exists. The folder is pinned to the top of the file list and it wont unpin. How do I either unpin it or make it point to the correct location. Many Thanks 27250