Windows 10: Can I Get Movie Maker On Win10 Again?

Discus and support Can I Get Movie Maker On Win10 Again? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had a system disk crash and had to build the whole thing up again. All sorts of things going wrong. One of them is Movie Maker. I now find I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by abrogard, Feb 22, 2018.

1. abrogard Win User

Can I Get Movie Maker On Win10 Again?

I had a system disk crash and had to build the whole thing up again.

All sorts of things going wrong.

One of them is Movie Maker. I now find I can't get it. Can't even get Windows Essentials that it was part of.

I saw a MS post said use 'photo' app but a look at that didn't seem to offer any movie making functionality.

Often when things are discontinued like this one can still get and run the old version and I'm hoping I can do this with Movie Maker - only I'll need a safe site because apparently there's a whole raft of places now offering Movie Maker and it's a con, they're traps.

Any wisdom on that, guys?

:)

abrogard, Feb 22, 2018
  2. TaurArian Win User
    TaurArian, Feb 22, 2018
  3. how can I get Windows movie maker on this windows 10 machine?

need to put clips together to send, and thought it had windows movie maker. trying all kinds of downloads and searches, everything is a fake lead, never takes you to the download, just junk.

there is a program called Windows movie maker, its been around for many years. somehow not installed now, but should be available somehow.

it starts taking me to this store place and my password does not work. its not the windows product, its a bunch of 3rd party apps, could be malware, no thanks, just want the original windows movie maker, i dont care if its version .0001

it used to be available for download. now? search for windows movie maker? its just trickery all links are fake. oh it says the link is HERE! really its at the link HERE. click on it? no. ha ha! fooled you, no its actually here. ha ha! fooled you
    again. this is fun, its really here. nope! gotcha again. 20 minutes of this is enough.

BradleyR4344, Feb 22, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Here's what MS has to say about Windows Movie Maker:

Can I Get Movie Maker On Win10 Again? [​IMG]

Unless you can find the download you grabbed from MS in an old backup or something, you'll have to ponder carefully how you proceed from there.
    Sorry for your trouble.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 23, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    Yes, you can.

The Windows Essentials download is no longer available from Microsoft, but when it was that download page was archived in the Internet Archive Wayback Machine. I have downloaded the archived copy of the offline installer and confirmed that it is identical to one I downloaded from Microsoft before it was withdrawn. Don't trust any other third party sources.

See this post for links and more details.
    Now that windows movie maker is no longer there what do people use

NB: Just install Movie Maker, the rest of Essentials is unlikely to work well/at all. You may see a report that the install fails, it's not true, thfaliure is after Movie Maker has been installed successfully. More on that in the above link, and the links it contains.

6. mrgeek Win User
    Here's an archived copy of the original WindowsLive Essentials 2012 on my Onedrive. Bear in minds that only Movie Maker and accompanying Photos Gallery are functional and some have had install issues after a clean install. But you're welcome to it to try. If not a Onedrive User and greeted by 'Sign-in', simply hit Back button and download -
    WinLiveEss2012-setup-all.rar

mrgeek, Feb 23, 2018
  7. Callender Win User
  8. Bree New Member

9. abrogard Win User
    Error:

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

abrogard, Feb 23, 2018
  10. Bree New Member
    Try the Wayback Machine's archived copy. Download the offline installer here.

https://web.archive.org/web/20161119...-download-now/

11. abrogard Win User
    Most certainly will. Am downloading it now. Thanks for that.

Will also get Movie Maker back if I can just because I'm like that: love to hang onto my old favourites. Talking of which I've found Picasa has sprung back to life again ! wonderful.

abrogard, Feb 23, 2018
  12. abrogard Win User
    Thanks much. Done it. I wonder if there's a way to just quote a section of a post rather than the whole thing?

abrogard, Feb 23, 2018
  13. Bree New Member

Yes, hit 'Quote' then delete the parts you don't need.

14. mrgeek Win User

Just signed out of Onedrive and tested link on Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Pale Moon browsers. Download auto-started and finished on all.

mrgeek, Feb 23, 2018
  15. Bree New Member
    Don't know what the OP's problem was, I downloaded it OK (in IE). It's identical to my saved copy, and to the one from the Wayback Machine that the OP has now got. So, all's well that ends well *Smile

Thema:

1. Can I Get Movie Maker On Win10 Again? - Similar Threads - Movie Maker Win10

2. Movie Maker:

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Movie Maker:: For some reason all my pictures are showing up in a screwed up style where half the picture is vertical and the other half is horizontal. I don't know how I managed to do this. I don't make movies, just take pictures and can't figure out how to get rid of Movie Maker and get...
  3. Can I Get Windows Movie Maker/Windows Essentials Now? On Latest Version win10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I Get Windows Movie Maker/Windows Essentials Now? On Latest Version win10?: Well I got the whole question on the subject line so it needs no more. Anecdotal: I always used to have movie maker but the periodic crashing and losing of system and reinstalls and rebuilds that I've had to do always leave something out. I find today that's one of the...
  4. Movie Maker in Win10-1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movie Maker in Win10-1903: Hi there, after the latest update to built 1903 Movie maker wlmp files/projects created previously are not opening properly anymore! Some, but not all, movie clips in the project are corrupt / not showing, even though nothing has been moved or renamed. Under "Fix It" only...
  5. Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Movie Maker: I have had Movie Maker downloaded to Windows 10 since 10 first came out. Have not been able to transfer movie to a CD with current CD/DVD player in Windows 10 which I guess was Intended. I have seen a CD/DVD Player made by Memorex which is USB compatible. It lets you...
  6. Movie Maker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movie Maker: After upgrades my projects in movie maker can't be completed. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker/faec8cd5-5c42-4071-8169-59432369e6a8
  7. Win10 1803 / Windows Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 1803 / Windows Movie Maker: This is just a huge Huge HUGE THANK YOU to the Brains Trust that is this forum. My thanks go out in particular to @davidhk, who in this thread [ Windows Movie Maker video problems.... - Page 4 - Windows 10 Forums ], wondered if he too could share a link from his OneDrive and...
  8. Win10 1803 / Windows Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 1803 / Windows Movie Maker: This is just a huge Huge HUGE THANK YOU to the Brains Trust that is this forum. My thanks go out in particular to @davidhk, who in this thread [ Windows Movie Maker video problems.... - Page 4 - Windows 10 Forums ], wondered if he too could share a link from his OneDrive and...
  9. Can I get Movie Maker (or something similar) for Win10?

Can I get Movie Maker (or something similar) for Win10?: I recently bought a laptop with Win10 installed on it. My previous laptop was a Win7 laptop bought over 5 years ago and it had a video editing program called Movie Maker on it. Now I don't have that anymore. Is there a way to get it? I looked it up and found a site that has...
  10. Movie makers

Movie makers: Since upgrading to windows 10 my Movie Maker 2.6 no longer works. I tried to change the compatibility mode but it is set for Vista and is unchangeable. I is there a "Freeware" (Not free to download but have to purchase) program for making movies. I only use this once in a...