Windows 10: Can I have different configurations per account

Discus and support Can I have different configurations per account in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a sort of specific problem. I have 1 computer which I use for 2 different things: gaming and as an HTPC. I have a monitor and a TV connected to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Max Hunt, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Max Hunt Win User

Can I have different configurations per account

I have a sort of specific problem. I have 1 computer which I use for 2 different things: gaming and as an HTPC. I have a monitor and a TV connected to the pc.

When I game I want my sound to come from my asus sound card. The monitor should be the primary screen.

When I use the pc as an HTPC I want the sound to come from my TV. I would like to disable the monitor and have my TV as the main screen.

I thought I could do this by simply creating 2 accounts and switching between them. But apparently Windows doesn't see different accounts so differently. When I log in my HTPC account and set the sound to come from my TV and then switch back to my game account the sound still is set to my TV. Similarly when I disable my monitor as my HTPC account, it stays disabled under my game account.

Is there a workaround where settings related to hardware are isolated to 1 account?

:)

Max Hunt, Jun 14, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Jun 15, 2018
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Jun 15, 2018
  4. Can I have different configurations per account

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 15, 2018
Thema:

Can I have different configurations per account

1. Can I have different configurations per account - Similar Threads - different configurations per

2. Can I have seperate OneDrive accounts for different users on one PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I have seperate OneDrive accounts for different users on one PC?: We have a family PC running Windows 11 Home. I would like to be able to have a user account for my wife logged into her personal OneDrive account and then a separate user account for myself logged into my OneDrive account. Is this possible?...
  3. Why can I not seem to have a system configuration?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I not seem to have a system configuration?: When I go to my security tab...it doesn't exist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-not-seem-to-have-a-system-configuration/5b4541d9-797a-4db4-9979-316fc76289dd
  4. Display configuration not staying per user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display configuration not staying per user: Good morning,Our Communications Center has several dispatchers sharing two computers. Each has their own profile and login credentials.One Dispatcher likes her monitors arranged differently than everyone else. So when she logs in she rearranges the displays the way she likes...
  5. Display configuration not staying per user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display configuration not staying per user: Good morning,Our Communications Center has several dispatchers sharing two computers. Each has their own profile and login credentials.One Dispatcher likes her monitors arranged differently than everyone else. So when she logs in she rearranges the displays the way she likes...
  6. Display configuration not staying per user

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Can I alternate between 2 different desktop configurations?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I alternate between 2 different desktop configurations?: I recently started playing around with the program rainmeter, which allows you to do fun and wacky things with your desktop. I was wondering if I could have a different configuration for my shortcuts and programs on my desktop for when rainmeter is running vs when it is not....
  8. Can Windows have different account with different data disk?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can Windows have different account with different data disk?: I need to create an account for my Family. Can you help me on how to create Family/Local account with different PC data disk example: [Windows (C:) , Data (D:)]. I've tried to create an account but Family/Local account have full access to Admin data disk. Can Windows have...
  9. How can I configure account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I configure account?: I need to use fax but the program tells me that I need to have account configured. I don’t have any idea in how to configure accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-configure-account/324bca6d-a20d-4eaa-b685-023f937ae595
  10. Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops???

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops???: Don't want to bork up my computer so I am asking here first: Can I have different folders and files on different desktops in windows 10? I want to have one desktop that has work-related folders and files that I can access easily, and one desktop that has personal folders...