Windows 10: Can I have multiple versions of MS word at the same time?

Discus and support Can I have multiple versions of MS word at the same time? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Can I install word 2007 and leave word 2002 on the PC, so that I can choose to run either? OR would installing word 2007 destroy word 2002 ? 88221 Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by sdowney717, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Can I have multiple versions of MS word at the same time?

Can I install word 2007 and leave word 2002 on the PC, so that I can choose to run either?

OR would installing word 2007 destroy word 2002 ?

:)

sdowney717, Jul 4, 2017
  2. Entegy Win User

Combining Multiple Versions of the Same Number

When typing the contact's name into the "To" field, do both versions of the number come up? What if you tap the correct number on the contact's contact card?

Entegy, Jul 4, 2017
  3. Combining Multiple Versions of the Same Number

Good Evening All!

So when i updated my phone to Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango) I love it all except one thing. I use the pager number to unblock my cell # for people and in 7.5 if you have the same phone number but different versions it combine it into one. So I list their moble
    number as ###-###-#### and use the pager # for *82 ###-###-#### but when i try to text someone now it trys to text soemone using this version *82 ###-###-####. Does anyone know how to override or make it so that i can use both methods of the number?

Thanks

BlackBox83237@live.com, Jul 4, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

Can I have multiple versions of MS word at the same time?

During the install, you get to choose where to install it. However Word may well copy some files to system folders so those might conflict.

Is there a specific need to have more than one version?

swarfega, Jul 4, 2017
  5. might be, the gui looks very very different, people are used to one way of doing things, they might not like a new way. Plus just the ability to choose is nice with out that choice being compromised.

sdowney717, Jul 4, 2017
  6. Mystere Win User
    Honestly, I'm not sure if Word 2002 (Was that even a version?) can be installed on Windows 10. That's a 15 year old program. It absolutely has not been updated to address various security issues, so running it would be a security risk to begin with.

Word 2007 does work, AFAIK. If you want the old UI, you're better off just using OpenOffice or something instead.

Mystere, Jul 4, 2017
  7. I have word 2002 installed and it works on windows 10.
    Why do people doubt me?
    open office will not work for people who are used to word.

adding screen shot as proof

sdowney717, Jul 4, 2017
  8. swarfega Win User

You could think about installing something like vmware then the relevant version of windows if you have a copy of it for the version of Word you want to run.

swarfega, Jul 4, 2017
  9. Barman58 Win User
    You can run more than one version of Word concurrently on the one system, As long as care is taken in the install locations ... However, there are some known issues ...

Due to the system that Microsoft uses/used for the installation of office some files are unique to each version but are actually named the same and stored in the same location. This is mostly some of the installation files

This displays itself as a pop-up each time you "Switch" versions stating that there is a problem and a partial re-installation is require.

This "re-installation" then proceeds, (it's actually a number of specific files only), and once complete the selected version will run correctly until you decide to change back to the original version.

This used to be a regular issue where companies would update the main office suite, but not peripheral applications such as Visio & Project, which utilised the office install systems and would trigger the issue, but also applies when even One application from the suite is not the same as all others

This "re-Install" can takes time and depending on the hardware in use this time can be long enough to cause frustration or even annoyance, if you "switch" Versions often. If you are not likely to switch often then this is an acceptable situation less so if you change several times a week / day / Hour

I would not be Honest if I did not mention that the use of older Word/Office versions does have a Risk - these old versions were designed for an age where Malware was less advanced and thus are susceptible to malicious attack that the later versions are hardened against. If you do insist on using older versions, for whatever reason, (it's your choice after all *Wink ), then please invest in a top rated anti malware system

Barman58, Jul 4, 2017
  10. swarfega Win User
    That is a good point. You are vulnerable to malicious macros which later versions had better control over.

swarfega, Jul 4, 2017
  11. Mystere Win User
    Not just macros, but custom crafted .doc files as well. Not to mention, there's no support for .docx

Mystere, Jul 4, 2017
  12. I have windows defender running, and sometimes I run malware-bytes, but this is all, is it good enough?

sdowney717, Jul 4, 2017
  13. Barman58 Win User

It should be - windows defender has come a long way in it's later versions, and as long as Malwarebytes is working for you, (Version 3 can be a little troublesome), and they are fully updated - together they should be enough,

This is in addition, of course to good internet practice, especially relating to Offers you see for Free Templates, and other word add-ons, that are most likely to contain malware - also you need to be careful sharing any files with anyone you do not know and trust

Another good practice is if you download anything from the internet or from an email from any source - Right click on the file and run a specific scan on the file with either Defender or Malwarebytes or preferably both

Barman58, Jul 4, 2017
  14. Bree New Member
    There was a 2002 version of Office, but it was officially named as Office XP - long past the end of support, in fact Office 2007 reaches end of extended support on 10 Oct. this year.

Older version of Office can be made to run on Windows 10, apparently....
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...2-2c36cdb1936c

Perhaps a more up to date solution to provide a Word-like experience without the 'ribbon' gui would be LibreOffice.

15. Berton Win User
    The only issue I've had with Office 2010 was with FrontPage 2003. Seems the new [first time available] 64-bit version of Office didn't want to play fair with the 32-bit FrontPage so had to uninstall FP.

Berton, Jul 4, 2017
Thema:

1. Can I have multiple versions of MS word at the same time? - Similar Threads - multiple versions word

2. Multiple errors occured at the same time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple errors occured at the same time.: There was an error that occured yesterday where it showed me a blue screen and said to go to https://www.windows.com/stopcode/ and the error was "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" then I did some of the steps since I can't even log in my pin because it kept on doing that. Since it was...
  3. Multiple Errors and MS Word issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Errors and MS Word issues: Why am I seeing this message:Message: AADSTS500202: User account '*** Email address is removed for privacy ***' from external identity provider 'live.com' is not supported for API version '2.0'. Microsoft account pass-thru users and guests are not supported by the...
  4. Multiple Errors and MS Word issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Errors and MS Word issues: Why am I seeing this message:Message: AADSTS500202: User account '*** Email address is removed for privacy ***' from external identity provider 'live.com' is not supported for API version '2.0'. Microsoft account pass-thru users and guests are not supported by the...
  5. Can you pair multiple Bluetooth devices at the same time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you pair multiple Bluetooth devices at the same time?: Can I connect multiple Bluetooth devices at the same time to my laptop? Let’s say if I want to use my sesh wireless earbuds and my wireless keyboard at the same time. Is that possible?? submitted by /u/nomdomz [link] [comments]...
  6. Same device appearing multiple times

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Same device appearing multiple times: I have recently installed a new Philips 43PUS8555/12 smart TV which is connected to my router via 5.0 GHz Wi-Fi. My desktop PC is connected to my router via ethernet cable and when I look at the Devices and Printers / Multimedia Devices area I see the 43PUS8555/12 listed 44...
  7. Word opens multiple times on signing in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word opens multiple times on signing in: Fairly recently, when I logon to my laptop, word opens multiple times. I have not left a document open before shutting down, so puzzled why this is happening. I have looked in startup - it is not listed there....
  8. Can I have speaker and spdif on at the same time, it was doing this

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I have speaker and spdif on at the same time, it was doing this: It has stopped doing it. Last night after figuring out the spdif sound pass thru for the TV, I was able to hear same sound out of HDMI and the PC speakers, but this morning NO, it is only one or the other. - - - Updated - - - I could not get it to do it again. But I did...
  9. Can I have multiple cards and multiple displays on the same computer?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can I have multiple cards and multiple displays on the same computer?: A friend gave me a 22" monitor that has only VGA and DVI inputs. My main monitor has only DVI and HDMI. I currently am using DVI for my main monitor and HDMI for a HDMI-only second monitor (actually a cheap lo-res small TV). My main monitor doesn't accept HDMI and my...
  10. Windows 10, Can I run multiple media files at the same time?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10, Can I run multiple media files at the same time?: Now as I execute mp4 video file it opens with default windows media player, if I click on another file then the current video will stop playing. Can I run two or more media files at the same time? (without closing the current video) 100527