Windows 10: Can I have sound played from both Bose Companion 5 and ADX H05 headset

Discus and support Can I have sound played from both Bose Companion 5 and ADX H05 headset in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Bose Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System and a ADX Firestorm H05 headset. Both use USB and have their own soundcards. Can I set up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hoggorm, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Hoggorm Win User

Can I have sound played from both Bose Companion 5 and ADX H05 headset

Hi,

I have a Bose Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System and a ADX Firestorm H05 headset. Both use USB and have their own soundcards.

Can I set up Windows 10 so that sound is played from both the speaker system and headset at the same time?

Bose Companion® 5 Multimedia Speaker System

Thank you!

:)

Hoggorm, Oct 5, 2016

2. Utilize 2nd set of Bluetooth speakers

Hello

I currently have a Bose Companion 20 Speaker System (2 speakers) connected to my PC as the Default speakers. And, I just recently successfully paired my Bose TV Sound System to my PC. However I don't get any sound from the paired Bose Solo TV sound system.
    It is listed in the Control Panel > Sound as READY and there is a green volume bar displayed on the right hand side of the Sound panel., but no sound. And. of course I want to keep my Bose Companion speaker as the Default.

Furthermore in iTunes for Windows only the Bose Companion Speakers are listed as "My Computer" And, I cannot find a setting in MS Groove.. Is there anyway to play both at the same time without changing the Default settings? The Bose TV Sound System is located
    in another room and I'd like my wife to enjoy the music.

Thanks

-Jim

Jim J P 8390, Oct 5, 2016
  3. Windows 10 USB audio issues

Hello community,

since I had the Windows 10 Insider Preview, I had a (little) issue which I thought (or hoped) that it would be fixed until the release of Windows 10.

I am running my system with two USB audio device, one (for general sound, music, etc) is the BOSE Companion 5, the other is my wireless headset (Logitech G930). Both were running fine with Windows 7. To be honest, I did not test my setup with Win8/8.1.

I always had those devices run seperatly, the Companion 5 as the standard device for overall sound and my G930 as standard communication device. This was always much appreciated since I was able to manage eg. music volume and customer volume seperatly.

Now, comming to the problem, with Windows 10 I had to make a few changes which definitly confuse me (most likely because I did not have to make these changes under Win7). First of all, I had to disabled my onboard sound device in the Bios of my PC to get
    USB audio even running. I don't quite know why Windows can't handle to ignore onboard audio and play on a USB device instead. The second thing is, I cannot have my setup set like I had before. If I select BOSE Companion 5 as standard device and G930 as standard
    communication device, my G930 works but my Companion Sound System won't play a sound. I also get an error code 0xc00d11cd (0x80070001) from the new Music App (in Windows Media Player it won't play aswell). I am able to communicate through my headset.

At first I thought I missed some drivers for either my headset or my sound system, but the drivers for my G930 headset are the newest (double-checked today) and my sound system comes plug and play; it also says that it has the newest drivers installed in
    the device manager.

I think I should also mention that my sound system does work if I disable my headset. Then, Windows is able to play audio via BOSE Companion.

I read through multiple posts and tried different things such as registry entries, App-Help etc but none of them worked. Does anybody has any idea, what to do?

Greetings from Germany and thanks in advance!

P.S.: I think it is somehow strange that I can't select audio issues within Windows version Windows 10... What's the matter?

Lukas Kimpel, Oct 5, 2016
  4. fireberd Win User

Windows only allows one default audio playback device. There may be some 3rd party program that will do what you want, but I'm not aware of it.

fireberd, Oct 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Can I have sound played from both Bose Companion 5 and ADX H05 headset - Similar Threads - sound played both

2. Is there a driver for Bose Companion 20 Multimedia Sound Speakers to WIndows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a driver for Bose Companion 20 Multimedia Sound Speakers to WIndows 11?: or app or any solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-driver-for-bose-companion-20-multimedia/8eadc737-c829-404b-8f2b-2371d5ce16a0
  3. Is there a driver for Bose Companion 20 Multimedia Sound Speakers to WIndows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a driver for Bose Companion 20 Multimedia Sound Speakers to WIndows 11?: or app or any solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-driver-for-bose-companion-20-multimedia/8eadc737-c829-404b-8f2b-2371d5ce16a0
  4. Headset playing sound through microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset playing sound through microphone: Hey, the cable from my headset broke and now I got a new one, problem now is, my audio from my pc is playing through my microphone.Things I have tested: 1. removing the microphone does not fix it, it still plays the audio2. if I change to another microphone in my settings, it...
  5. Headset playing sound through microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset playing sound through microphone: Hey, the cable from my headset broke and now I got a new one, problem now is, my audio from my pc is playing through my microphone.Things I have tested: 1. removing the microphone does not fix it, it still plays the audio2. if I change to another microphone in my settings, it...
  6. Headset and Sound Bar can't both connect to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset and Sound Bar can't both connect to PC: Hello,I recently purchased a soundbar for my Windows 10 PC. However, when plugged in it occupies the same device slot as my headset and they won't both work at once.To be clear, I'm not trying to play audio through both at once, I just want to be able to switch between output...
  7. I cannnot change the volume on the Bose 3 headset

I cannnot change the volume on the Bose 3 headset: So basically whats happening is I can see the slider, and I can change the volume with the buttons on my laptop. But the volume doesnt actually change. Not sure whats happening, thanks! (Windows 10) 157572
  8. i have bose wireless headset unable to connect my laptop having windows 10

i have bose wireless headset unable to connect my laptop having windows 10: i have bose wireless headset unable to connect my laptop having windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-bose-wireless-headset-unable-to-connect-my/624b5108-fb34-4f1b-9068-adce335626cc
  9. Sound playing through both speakers and headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound playing through both speakers and headphones: Thank you for your time in advance. Since the latest larger windows update about a month ago, I have been having a problem that I cannot seem to solve with the standard solutions and what I could find from googling several hours on several days. Upon starting my computer,...
  10. My Speakers & Headset Is Playing Sound

My Speakers & Headset Is Playing Sound: Hi, I have been roaming around the Microsoft forums and i have not found my problem at all. People have asked this question, and i have done everything they say, and nothing works I have a Windows 10 Laptop from about 2017 (Still under warranty till 27th of December,...