Windows 10: Can I Increase DPI on an App, and keep Display Low DPI

Discus and support Can I Increase DPI on an App, and keep Display Low DPI in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I'm looking for a way to increase the DPI scaling on a Single application, without effecting or increasing the DPI on the Monitor itself. I.E 100%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Neokolzia, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Neokolzia Win User

Can I Increase DPI on an App, and keep Display Low DPI

So I'm looking for a way to increase the DPI scaling on a Single application, without effecting or increasing the DPI on the Monitor itself.

I.E 100% Scaling on the Display, and other applications inside that Monitor
    125-150%+ on a Chosen Application.

I've seen that settings that I've seen and searched and found through google seem to do the reverse of this and disable High DPI scaling when its set but cannot do the other way around?

I've been unable to find information to figure out how or if its at all possible to do this without resorting to forcing the monitor into a lower resolution.

:)

Neokolzia, Jul 22, 2018
  2. david-ke Win User

Increase DPI and font size

Hi,

I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

I'm visually impaired and need to increase the DPI (to 150%) and increase the text sizes to 12pt as well as making the text bold (under
    Change only the text size). However, the font settings are not persistent. When I reboot the computer, the DPI setting stays in place, while the text size and boldness is back to the default (9 and non-bold). This is very annoying and I might have
    to switch back to Windows 7 if this issue can't be solved, as the computer is unusable for me without bold fonts and increased DPI.

Maybe there is a way of making these changes persistent?

Thanks for your help,

David

david-ke, Jul 22, 2018
  3. DPI awareness not working for certain apps

Hello coth,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Please be informed, some desktop applications (except for the Modern Apps) may appear somewhat blurry or crisp sharp when you compare them with other applications on the screen. Also, which win32 apps are you referring to in this case?

In order to provide an optimal experience on high-DPI displays, desktop applications have to detect the DPI of the display that is being used and then scale their graphical elements, text, and screen layout appropriately. Some applications do not implement
    this. In some cases, the application vendor may be able to provide an updated software version that better supports high-DPI displays.

If there is no updated DPI-aware version of the application available, you may be able to alter the appearance of the application.

You can disable display scaling for an individual desktop app in Windows 10. Here’s how:

• In the search box, type the name of the app.
    • Select the app’s tile and tap or click Open file location to open File Explorer on the desktop.
    • In File Explorer, tap and hold (or right-click) the app’s executable (.exe) file and select Properties.
    • Select the Compatibility tab.
    • In the Settings section, select Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.
    • Click OK and check with the results.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to DPI settings in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Can I Increase DPI on an App, and keep Display Low DPI

Finding DPI of an image

When I right-click on an image and go to properties>details, I find Height and width dimensions but no DPI info.

Isn't dpi info supposed to be there?

How can I determine the dpi? And are there ways to increase it?

GeneAptaker, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Can I Increase DPI on an App, and keep Display Low DPI

1. Can I Increase DPI on an App, and keep Display Low DPI - Similar Threads - Increase DPI App

2. dpi changes when in fullscreen apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dpi changes when in fullscreen apps: when im in a game like call of duty or another fps game its slows down the dpi of that aplication but i work on the main pc at that moment and not the pc where i need mouse without borders for When i do desktop things dpi is also normal on the mai pc i close the program its...
  3. dpi changes when in fullscreen apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    dpi changes when in fullscreen apps: when im in a game like call of duty or another fps game its slows down the dpi of that aplication but i work on the main pc at that moment and not the pc where i need mouse without borders for When i do desktop things dpi is also normal on the mai pc i close the program its...
  4. controller dpi

controller dpi: how do i change the dpi of an xbox controllers mouse on pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-dpi/c0d1087f-9d73-43e9-a29c-c5e9eff1c763
  5. DPI Error: Unknown selective DPI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DPI Error: Unknown selective DPI: I have a strange problem, so strange, I was not sure how to characterize it or search for it. Inexplicably, my laptop began displaying some menus as if the DPI was way up to 200%. This does not affect all programs, just some. It also affects context menus when I...
  6. Store app high-DPI override

Store app high-DPI override: I develop a desktop app called Expresii, which uses GPU for realtime processing. It is made into an Store app via Desktop App Converter. I recently added high-DPI support, but since higher DPI also increases the processing / memory needed for rendering, some users would find...
  7. Increasing DPI in Fresh Paint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increasing DPI in Fresh Paint: Is Microsoft planning to update Fresh Paint and give it functionality to print in other DPI resolutions? I really like using the app but I want to be able to print my work out at larger sizes and retain the image quality. Moved from: Windows 10 / Performance & system...
  8. Increasing DPI in Fresh Paint

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Increasing DPI in Fresh Paint: Is Microsoft planning to update Fresh Paint and give it functionality to print in other DPI resolutions? I really like using the app but I want to be able to print my work out at larger sizes and retain the image quality....
  9. DPI Settings

DPI Settings: Yesterday I realised that Windows recommend to have the DPI settings at 125% I know that they have changed the whole DPI system in the creators update, but I wonder if there is an article that explain why the setting 125% and not 100% is recommended?...
  10. Resolution & DPI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution & DPI: I still don't understand this dilemma. I'm working on a 22 inch monitor that has a native resolution of 1920*1080 but there are lots of elements in the Windows 7 x64 UI that is too small even for my vision which is 100% good. I also notice this tiny text phenomenon on...