Windows 10: Can i install 7 on another partition and have dual boot ?

Discus and support Can i install 7 on another partition and have dual boot ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am thinking of having dual boot to 7 and 10, i have 10 now can i install 7 on another partition and have dual boot ? 68579 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MAXIQ, Oct 30, 2016.

1. MAXIQ Win User

Can i install 7 on another partition and have dual boot ?

I am thinking of having dual boot to 7 and 10, i have 10 now can i install 7 on another partition and have dual boot ?

:)

MAXIQ, Oct 30, 2016

2. windows 10 clean install, where to get product key

I have come across this problem as well. I wish to maintain my windows 7 partition and clean install windows 10 to another partition as dual-boot. The information and files necessary are available, but it cannot be done without a windows 10 product key.
    And I cannot get a windows 10 product key without upgrading. It seems the only current way to get my key would be to back up my windows 7 partition, do the upgrade, get the key, then replace the upgraded windows 7 partition with the original. Then I can clean
    install windows 10 as dual-boot alongside my windows 7 partition.

vonvannote, Oct 30, 2016
  3. Byronhs Win User
    Windows 10 July 29 upgrade from Windows 7

I have already created an ISO of Windows 10 upgrade. The size of the file is 3,618,963,456 bytes. The question is: Can i use this to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 after July 29? the Windows 7 installation is on a partition of the drive. I have a
    dual boot setup. Windows 7 on one partition and Windows 8.1 on another. Also will this erase or disable the dual boot system I have. I need Windows 8.1 to be a choice during my boot cycle so I can either go from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1 (it is now Windows
    7 or 8.1.

Byronhs, Oct 30, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Yes, as long as you have a license for Windows 7 that is completely separate from the Windows 10 you have now - to be legal.

NavyLCDR, Nov 1, 2016
Thema:

1. Can i install 7 on another partition and have dual boot ? - Similar Threads - install another partition

2. I have a dual boot system, I want install another OS result triple boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a dual boot system, I want install another OS result triple boot: I have a dual-boot system, Windows 10 home, Windows 11 home, in a HDD MBR, I want install another OS result triple boot, + Windows 11 or 10 Pro… to a new installed SSD… without file system unallocated… Well, the installation of 3rd OS is the same as the 2nd dual...
  3. I have a dual boot system, I want install another OS result triple boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a dual boot system, I want install another OS result triple boot: I have a dual-boot system, Windows 10 home, Windows 11 home, in a HDD MBR, I want install another OS result triple boot, + Windows 11 or 10 Pro… to a new installed SSD… without file system unallocated… Well, the installation of 3rd OS is the same as the 2nd dual...
  4. I already have 4 partitions and want to Dual-Boot windows 7, so can I???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I already have 4 partitions and want to Dual-Boot windows 7, so can I???: Hey,Firstly please bare with me I have lot to say. I wanted to Dual-boot my notebook with windows 10 and windows 7, and I just completed the step to create a bootable USB. And when I went to create a partition. I shrank 60gb from D: drive. I was creating a new volume from it...
  5. Can we install Windows 7 dual boot on Windows 10 laptop with GPT partition

Can we install Windows 7 dual boot on Windows 10 laptop with GPT partition: Can we install Windows 7 dual boot on Windows 10 laptop with GPT partition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-we-install-windows-7-dual-boot-on-windows-10/72fb11ff-1b7d-4b36-8087-98fff87907c6
  6. Win10 Install For Dual Boot Partition Problem

Win10 Install For Dual Boot Partition Problem: I'm trying to do a clean install of Win10 on my Win7 desktop using Unallocated Space on the HDD. I thought I could have up to 4 Primary partitions, but I get this error when I try to select it. Any ideas? 146516
  7. I want to install another system and have dual boot through UEFI

I want to install another system and have dual boot through UEFI: Hi, So a while back I migrated from an HDD drive to an SSD one, and that came with so many problems that I ended up fixing but I don't think I fixed them permanently and correctly! first: whenever I go into the booting options in the BIOS I see Windows boot manager...
  8. How can I dual boot if I already have 4 partitions?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I dual boot if I already have 4 partitions?: So, I am trying to dual boot a Linux distro (not relevant) but I can't seem to make a partition for it, saying I can't have more than 4 primary partitions, (F:) being the flash drive with the OS. [ATTACH] I have looked at numerous tutorials but I can't seem to understand...
  9. Running Win10 want to install 7 on seperate partition for Dual boot

Running Win10 want to install 7 on seperate partition for Dual boot: Bought a new computer with windows 10 installed, but my work from home job requires windows 7. I don't want to get rid of windows 10, as I will need it for other things, so I'm trying to install windows 7 onto a separate partition so that I can dual boot between the two. I...
  10. Dual Boot, what partitions can I remove?

Dual Boot, what partitions can I remove?: I want to install Linux along side of Windows 10. This was a Forced Upgrade from windows 7, and I am somewhat clueless as to exactly what happens when windows 10 comes through like this? I don't know which partitions are left over from 7 and which ones are windows 10. 1....