Windows 10: Can I install Office 365 to Microsoft onedrive ?

Discus and support Can I install Office 365 to Microsoft onedrive ? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I want to do a clean reinstall of my Windows 10 as I have done in the past. The bit that bugs me though is having to reinstall Office (and all the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Bengie, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Bengie Win User

Can I install Office 365 to Microsoft onedrive ?

I want to do a clean reinstall of my Windows 10 as I have done in the past. The bit that bugs me though is having to reinstall Office (and all the other apps), and then set up all the Outlook email addresses again.

I was wondering if it was possible to install Office 365 to Microsoft OneDrive so I didn't have to reinstall it after a clean Windows install.

Any help gratefully received.

:)

Bengie, Jan 16, 2018
  2. garym123 Win User

Can't load Office 365 on Lumia 640

Basics:

Office 365 installs the office programs on a PC. With this account you can install on more than one PC and
    all can share documents using the OneDrive associated with the account.

You can not install Office 365 on a phone. The phone already has Office Mobile installed. The phone has OneDrive associated with the account on the phone.

The Office 365 PC's and the phone can share documents with the phone if they all have the same Microsoft account, all is well.

After 365 came out Microsoft added a feature to the OneDrive app on the phone. You can now add another account to the app if the account on the phone is not the same as your Office 365 account. With this the phone is included in your 365 shared documents.

garym123, Jan 16, 2018
  3. garym123 Win User
    Setup Microsoft Office 365 on Windows 8.1 using Lumia 635

The phone already has Office Mobile and email. If you are referring to Office 365 it will not install on the phone. In phone Office you see 'places' and Office 365 is listed. This is for business users with a business 365 account. This is the only account
    type that can be added there.

You can share OneDrive files between the phone and a laptop/desktop that is using Office 365. Setup your 635 with the same Microsoft account that you have for Office 365. This way the phone and the laptop/desktop will share the same OneDrive and both will
    receive the same emails and have the same contacts and calendar.

garym123, Jan 16, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

The issue is not "where does Office live?" which is what your idea would address. The issue is "how does the OS acquire binary access to, and knowledge of Office?" (This includes all the files that have to be copied, settings and preferences established, licensing details seen to, registry entries made, and so forth, that occurs when installation happens.) That is why, alas, you will not be able to escape the tyranny of having to reinstall Office for each clean install you wish to use it in. That said, here's a thought: Why not set up a Virtual Machine in Hyper-V, install Office there, and then load and run that VM when you want to use Office? You can do what you want with the host OS without changing the VM any time you want, and retain ready access to Office through that VM.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 16, 2018
  5. Bengie Win User
    Thank you Ed. As you say, a grind and a P.I.T.A.
    I will give your idea a go and see how that works. If it helps at all, I will come back and update so you can point others to it.

Bengie, Jan 16, 2018
  6. Berton Win User
    An experience with an older version of Office when installing on D: showed that, due to the interaction with Windows, Office would still put quite a bit of itself on the same drive/partition as Windows, kinda counter-productive. Other office suites such as LibreOffice don't do that.

Berton, Jan 16, 2018
  7. Bengie Win User
    I have a paid subscription to 365 so no real point in trying other office products at this time, but I will remember that thanks.

Bengie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I install Office 365 to Microsoft onedrive ? - Similar Threads - install Office 365

2. Install Microsoft Office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Microsoft Office 365: I have access to Office 365 online and would like to have access to that suite of programs offline. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-microsoft-office-365/c033bfd3-1489-4ba0-9fe4-1c45037b8d53
  3. Microsoft office 365

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft office 365: I have a subscription to office 365 for my office desktop----can i load it on my laptop also without purchasing a new subscription https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-office-365/ce13f78d-c368-4b8c-b88c-6f03dd2fbe6f
  4. Microsoft Office 365

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Office 365: Is it necessary to remove the 2010 Microsoft Office Home and Student program after purchasing and installing the New Office 365? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-office-365/ee3e63d5-f71e-4306-8362-5b45f9311dd5"
  5. Office 365 Install

Office 365 Install: I purchased a Surface Pro 6 today and along with it I bought Office 365. I went to install it however since I already have an Office Student account, I could not find anywhere to enter the product key for my new Office 365 program. Just want to make sure I get the full year...
  6. Installing Office 365

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Office 365: I am trying to install Office 365 Personal and keep getting an error message from the set up page. It says the sight is temporarily down for maintenance. Anyone know how long it will be down?...
  7. Microsoft Office 365

Microsoft Office 365: I am using Chromebook and bought Microsoft Office 365. I was using Excel now I can not get it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-office-365/c4c90e20-2f50-4045-aac4-cf34641766f7
  8. Microsoft office 365

Microsoft office 365: Hi I am an RMIT Student who has registered with my university email login details with Microsoft to download Office on my personal laptop windows 10. I keep getting error message when I try to install it....
  9. Installing office 365 (office 2016) and onedrive, PC username replaced

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Installing office 365 (office 2016) and onedrive, PC username replaced: Hi, Before installing Office 365 (office 2016) and onedrive, my username to logon to my laptop, was "AJ ANNING" and a specific pAasswAord. Now my username does not show up at logon. "JAMES ANNING" is what shows up, and the username is now my email "xxxx@xxxxxxxxx.com" and...
  10. Office 365 Install

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 Install: How long does it normally take to install Office 365? I'm trying to install Office 365 and it's been over 10 minutes and all I get is spinning dots and the message "We're sorry for the wait. The page is taking longer to load than expected". I'm install through Edge. 31129

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to install office 365 into OneDrive

2. peaq office not found

3. Can i install office 265 on onedrive

4. can i install programs on microsoft onedrive