Windows 10: Can I install Windows 10/11 on a new SSD, while keeping my original install on my HDD and...

Discus and support Can I install Windows 10/11 on a new SSD, while keeping my original install on my HDD and... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello!I am planning to upgrade my system mobo/CPU/RAM. This will require reinstalling windows. However, I lack the space/access to back up my data on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rúna, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Rúna Win User

Can I install Windows 10/11 on a new SSD, while keeping my original install on my HDD and...

Hello!I am planning to upgrade my system mobo/CPU/RAM. This will require reinstalling windows. However, I lack the space/access to back up my data on my HDD properly. Currently, I have windows installed on my 1 TB HDD, with a 512 GB SSD recently added to handle game loading.I am thinking that once I get my new system configration, I will also buy a 256 GB SSD and install windows onto this new drive while leaving the original HDD alone, then set BIOS to boot from the SSD.Will I be able to access my data on the original hard drive? Will I be able to install software on the original hard drive

:)

Rúna, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

Can I install Windows 10/11 on a new SSD, while keeping my original install on my HDD and...

1. Can I install Windows 10/11 on a new SSD, while keeping my original install on my HDD and... - Similar Threads - install SSD while

2. Can I install Windows 10/11 on a new SSD, while keeping my original install on my HDD and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I install Windows 10/11 on a new SSD, while keeping my original install on my HDD and...: Hello!I am planning to upgrade my system mobo/CPU/RAM. This will require reinstalling windows. However, I lack the space/access to back up my data on my HDD properly. Currently, I have windows installed on my 1 TB HDD, with a 512 GB SSD recently added to handle game loading.I...
  3. Can I install Windows 10/11 on a new SSD, while keeping my original install on my HDD and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I install Windows 10/11 on a new SSD, while keeping my original install on my HDD and...: Hello!I am planning to upgrade my system mobo/CPU/RAM. This will require reinstalling windows. However, I lack the space/access to back up my data on my HDD properly. Currently, I have windows installed on my 1 TB HDD, with a 512 GB SSD recently added to handle game loading.I...
  4. How can I access my hdd after installing windows 10 on my ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I access my hdd after installing windows 10 on my ssd: I recently bought an ssd and have been trying to move my windows 10 onto it from a hdd. I installed a new copy of windows 10 onto my sdd. This windows let me log in as me through my email, but had me set a new password and is brand new settings wise. Now that windows is...
  5. How can I access my hdd after installing windows 10 on my ssd

How can I access my hdd after installing windows 10 on my ssd: I recently bought an ssd and have been trying to move my windows 10 onto it from a hdd. I installed a new copy of windows 10 onto my sdd. This windows let me log in as me through my email, but had me set a new password and is brand new settings wise. Now that windows is...
  6. How to migrate windows to a ssd while keeping all data on my original hdd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to migrate windows to a ssd while keeping all data on my original hdd: I currently have a 1tb hard drive that I've used for a few years. Recently I got a new ssd that is also 1tb and I would like to run windows on it. How would I move windows to the ssd while keeping all my data on the hard drive?...
  7. How to migrate windows to a ssd while keeping all data on my original hdd

How to migrate windows to a ssd while keeping all data on my original hdd: I currently have a 1tb hard drive that I've used for a few years. Recently I got a new ssd that is also 1tb and I would like to run windows on it. How would I move windows to the ssd while keeping all my data on the hard drive?...
  8. How to migrate windows to a ssd while keeping all data on my original hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows 10 Installation to new SSD while keeping old HDD

Windows 10 Installation to new SSD while keeping old HDD: Installed a new SSD, so my PC now has two drives. Have been running Windows 10 on the old HDD. I want to install Windows 10 on the new SSD. Using the Windows ISO DVD I made there is no choice where to install WIndows 10. I am not sure how to remove Windows 10 from the old HDD...
  10. Can i install windows 10 on my new SSD?

Can i install windows 10 on my new SSD?: Hello I just bought a new SSD and obviously i would prefer to install Win10 on that instead of my HDD. My question is this: "will i be able to install Win10 on this since my new SSD obviously don't have Win 7 on it." This might be a stupid question but i hope...