Windows 10: Can I install Windows 10 64bit on my Laptop

Discus and support Can I install Windows 10 64bit on my Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Thanks Bro did the installation,, working nicely *Thumbs Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Grom0X, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Grom0X Win User

Can I install Windows 10 64bit on my Laptop

*Thumbs

Grom0X, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Tharaka Win User

I currently use Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.16299 (Build 16299) 32Bit..
    I have a x64 based processor (as shown in system properties) but with a x86 based PC... What does this mean, can I install 64Bit OS or not?
    I m having a 6GB RAM,, which is too much for my 32bit OS..

Please assist me..
    Thanks in advance...

:)

Tharaka, Apr 25, 2018
  3. Ken_859 Win User
    update windows 10 from home edition to pro edition

Hi, I need help regarding windows 10 upgrading. I have a desktop installed windows 10 pro 32bit, and a laptop installed windows 10 home 64bit. The desktop will be disposed of soon. My question is how to change my laptop OS from home 64bit to pro 64bit
    using pro 32bit product key? Or any other solutions?

Thanks.

Ken_859, Apr 25, 2018
  4. Can I install Windows 10 64bit on my Laptop

upgrade Questions

Hi, Microsoft.

If I upgrade my windows 7 starter 32bit to windows 10 home 32bit since that's the version is applicable to my OS, but still I can upgrade my OS to 64bit version, right? My question is can I download the windows 10 pro 64bit version since my hardware is still
    compatible to 64bit version and then I want to install the windows 10 pro 64bit version on my laptop. Thank you in advance on your immediate respond.

Thank you!

<Modified Title to include "Questions">

Brian lumia 535 dual sim, Apr 25, 2018
  5. Grom0X Win User
    Hi Tharaka and welcome to the forum,
    Sure you can install 64bit Windows, if you have a key.

Grom0X, Apr 25, 2018
  6. Tharaka Win User
    Wow... thanks great to hear that..
    Thanks again for the quick reply...

Tharaka, Apr 25, 2018
  7. cereberus Win User
    Hang on. This may be incorrect.

Some pcs (tablets/hybrids) may have a 64bit cpu, but are limited to running 32bit. This particularly applies to devices with an Atom processor. We need more specs to verify if you can run 64bit.

cereberus, Apr 25, 2018
  8. Bree New Member

@Tharaka, cereberus is correct, we need to know the make and model of the PC and the processor type in order to say if it can run 64-bit.

Actually, it's incorrect in another way too. If the PC is running 32-bit Windows 10 Pro and says it is 'Activated with a digital licence...' then you don't need a key to install 64-bit Windows 10 Pro. It has a digital licence stored on Microsoft's activation servers that is valid for both 32 and 64 bit versions.

You cannot upgrade 32-bit Windows to 64-bit, you have to do a clean install. When asked for a key during install, just click 'I don't have one' and it will activate automatically as soon as it can contact the activation servers.

9. Tharaka Win User
    Thanks for the info bro..
    I'm using a laptop..
    HP pavilion g6 1100TU.
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 2330 CPU @ 2.20GHz

Anything else i need to post.. let me know pls thanks

Tharaka, Apr 25, 2018
  10. cereberus Win User
    That should be fine for 64bit install.

cereberus, Apr 25, 2018
  11. Tharaka Win User
    Thanks bro..

Tharaka, Apr 25, 2018
  12. Bree New Member
    As cereberus says, that will run 64-bit Windows.

You must do a clean install, so before beginning make sure you have backup copies of all your user files. Also make sure you are prepared to reinstall any software you've installed. Make sure you have any keys that will be required, such as for Office.

13. Tharaka Win User

Thanks Bro

did the installation,, working nicely

Tharaka, Apr 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I install Windows 10 64bit on my Laptop - Similar Threads - install 64bit Laptop

2. How can I install a Mac OSX in a Windows 10 pro 64bit ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I install a Mac OSX in a Windows 10 pro 64bit ?: So basically I read that a Mac OSX partition can be installed in a Windows 10 pro environment,how do I need to proceed , what I already understood a 16 gigabyte flash drive is required that will contain dmg file exe correct me if I am wrong ....
  3. Installation of windows 10 64bit

Installation of windows 10 64bit: I am trying to install windows but when I get to the “where do you want to install windows” there is nothing I can install it on. I have a ssd m.2 ryzen 5 2600xt radeon 5500xt b450 pro wifi 32gb of ram 500gb ssd m.2...
  4. Window 10 32bit to 64bit installation

Window 10 32bit to 64bit installation: Can I run and install media creation tool for window 10 in the same pc where I downloaded it and want to install the latest window10 version in same pc???...
  5. No Printers Installed - on Windows 10 64bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Printers Installed - on Windows 10 64bit: My PC is shut down/powerer down every night, but every morning, around 2am, it starts up again from powered down. This is a separate issue, and not the one I want to ask about now. I'll do that in another question. When I get to my computer, in the morning, it's already...
  6. Installing iTunes on Windows 10 64Bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing iTunes on Windows 10 64Bit: I have followed all the directions previously given by Ethan B in regards to completely uninstalling iTunes installed on my computer by all users. I am the sole user of this computer and even after following the directions provided, I still keep getting the same message...
  7. Installing iTunes on Windows 10 64Bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing iTunes on Windows 10 64Bit: I ham trying to install iTunes on my PC. I had iTunes before but I uninstalled it a few weeks ago, Now when I try and install it again I get the message "One or more users on this computer have installed iTunes from the Microsoft Store. All users must uninstall iTunes before...
  8. Can i install windows 8 on my laptop after installed windows 10 ?

Can i install windows 8 on my laptop after installed windows 10 ?: I have here a physical copy dvd of windows 8 64bit original. I used the dvd to install windows 8 on my desktop pc. Now i want to upgrade my desktop pc to windows 10 and i wonder if after installing windows 10 on my desktop pc i can use the windows 8 dvd on my laptop ? My...
  9. can I update to 64bit

can I update to 64bit: I have two laptops currently running win 10 after updating them both. My question is can I update one of my laptops that were running Win7 Pro sp1 32bit and update it to win 10 64bit? I have win 10 64bit on my main laptop and still have the ISO. Is this possible? Thanks...
  10. Windows 10 64bit can't working with my laptop

Windows 10 64bit can't working with my laptop: OK.. I have Intel Pentium .. And I had 4GB RAM ... and I install the win 10 32bit. .. recently I reading the 32bit no access to all size RAM only 2.89GB ... I'm feel bad for it.. and quickly I dawnload 64bit form Win10 ...and burn it to USB.. During the installation .. I...