Windows 10: Can I install Windows 10 on top of Windows 10 to fix problems

Discus and support Can I install Windows 10 on top of Windows 10 to fix problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Before I installed W10, using System File Checker showed no corrupt or missing files. After the conversion, sfc shows problems. I'd like to know if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Nisko Win User

Can I install Windows 10 on top of Windows 10 to fix problems

Before I installed W10, using System File Checker showed no corrupt or missing files. After the conversion, sfc shows problems. I'd like to know if I can reinstall Windows 10 to fix those problems. I did this before with Windows 7 and it corrected all errors. If I reinstall Windows 10, where do I get the ISO file so I can make an installation disk? Thank you.

:)

Nisko, Jul 27, 2016

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Jul 27, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Jul 27, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 27, 2016
  5. Nisko Win User
    Thank you. Can you tell me where to get the ISO file to make a Windows 10 Installation Disk? I would plan on using this disk to perform the repair install. Also, can this disk be used over Windows 7?

Nisko, Jul 27, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I install Windows 10 on top of Windows 10 to fix problems - Similar Threads - install top fix

2. Can I delete windows 8.1 and install windows 10 on an old lap top ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete windows 8.1 and install windows 10 on an old lap top ?: * Can I delete windows 8.1 and install windows 10 on an old HP lap top? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-windows-81-and-install-windows-10-on/cb8e0add-9575-4655-baad-4385b0cd0d2a
  3. Can I delete windows 8.1 and install windows 10 on an old lap top ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete windows 8.1 and install windows 10 on an old lap top ?: * Can I delete windows 8.1 and install windows 10 on an old HP lap top? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-windows-81-and-install-windows-10-on/cb8e0add-9575-4655-baad-4385b0cd0d2a
  4. Quick question; Can I install Linux, and after that, install Windows 10 on top of it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick question; Can I install Linux, and after that, install Windows 10 on top of it?: Yes, I mean wiping of the Linux and using it just in the way. I want to do it because I can't install Windows 10 straight, it has driver issues. submitted by /u/nikoTiittanen [link] [comments]...
  5. Fix Hard Drive Not installed problem on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Hard Drive Not installed problem on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you’re encountering the error message Hard Drive – Not installed on your Windows 10 computer, then this post is intended to help you. In […] This article Fix Hard Drive Not installed problem on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. How can I fix this problem in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I fix this problem in windows 10?: Whenever I make changes to the computer, it will ask for the admin password. So I type in the password, and it works. But recently, I try to make changes to the computer, it will ask me for my password but there is no box to put the password in and no "yes" option. I have no...
  7. Windows 10 Installed on a desk top

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Installed on a desk top: I have windows 10 installed on my desk top computer it appears that I have the version intended for tablets & mobile phones I understand that on a desktop version it should display as a classic display I have found how to turn of the tablet mode when using a tablet in...
  8. Can I install Windows 10 Enterprise on top of Windows 10 Enterprise?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I install Windows 10 Enterprise on top of Windows 10 Enterprise?: Hi guys need some help I bought PC of someone online and it had pirated windows 10 enterprise on it I went and bought Legit windows 10 enterprise but I don't want to do fresh install as I have way too much things I really don't want to lose. My question is can I install...
  9. Weird Search bar on the top of my windows 10 screen, how can i fix it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Search bar on the top of my windows 10 screen, how can i fix it?: Just recently a white bar popped up on the top of my screen and I'm not sure what it is and how to fix it. I've tried searching through settings to find out what it is and nothing would show, I've tried looking for foreign fills and there isn't any that are new. whenever I...
  10. Can't fix a problem(stuck) with the installation of Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't fix a problem(stuck) with the installation of Windows 10.: Hello, I need some help. I can't fix a problem with the installation of Windows 10. When I'm going for a clean install, the computer restarts normally and then hangs at the blue logo of Windows 10. I don't even see the 'loading dots'. It just hangs and does nothing,...