Windows 10: can i install windows 10 onto a usb

Discus and support can i install windows 10 onto a usb in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Cool! Thanks for the update! I'm replacing my last legacy BIOS laptop this week, so I can go with 100% UEFI next week. Getting myself an Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fafard, Jun 29, 2016.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

can i install windows 10 onto a usb

Cool! Thanks for the update! I'm replacing my last legacy BIOS laptop this week, so I can go with 100% UEFI next week. Getting myself an Intel i7-4702HQ based 17.3" ASUS. Looks like it is going to be fun replacing the 2TB hard drive with a 500GB SSD, though, since the whole top keyboard/bazel has to come off.

NavyLCDR, Jul 1, 2016
  2. cereberus Win User

Forgot to mention you have to wipe efi partition and create blank between installs. I used minitool partition manager.

cereberus, Jul 2, 2016
  3. NavyLCDR New Member
    Thanks! Will give it a go as soon as Anniversary edition comes out.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

can i install windows 10 onto a usb

1. can i install windows 10 onto a usb - Similar Threads - install onto usb

2. I downloaded a windows iso file from Chromebook onto USB. Is it bootable? Can I install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I downloaded a windows iso file from Chromebook onto USB. Is it bootable? Can I install...: I have a possibly infected windows computer and I also have a Google Chromebook. I wanted to make a bootable USB with Windows Media Creator, but on the Chromebook, you can't do that, all you can get is an ISO file onto the USB. So, I downloaded a windows ISO file from my...
  3. I downloaded a windows iso file from Chromebook onto USB. Is it bootable? Can I install...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I downloaded a windows iso file from Chromebook onto USB. Is it bootable? Can I install...: I have a possibly infected windows computer and I also have a Google Chromebook. I wanted to make a bootable USB with Windows Media Creator, but on the Chromebook, you can't do that, all you can get is an ISO file onto the USB. So, I downloaded a windows ISO file from my...
  4. I downloaded a windows iso file from Chromebook onto USB. Is it bootable? Can I install...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I can install windows onto an ssd but can’t boot it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can install windows onto an ssd but can’t boot it: Hello there, I’ve been having an issue with my pc for the past week and I’ve been doing everything I can to fix it, but no luck. I was originally having issues with a logonUI error. I eventually had to use a friends MacBook to create a new windows install media because I...
  6. I can install windows onto an ssd but can’t boot it

I can install windows onto an ssd but can’t boot it: Hello there, I’ve been having an issue with my pc for the past week and I’ve been doing everything I can to fix it, but no luck. I was originally having issues with a logonUI error. I eventually had to use a friends MacBook to create a new windows install media because I...
  7. How do i install windows onto a usb with a chromebook?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i install windows onto a usb with a chromebook?: Basically what i said in the title is what i need help with. Please and thanks! submitted by /u/keonzneedshelp [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l4fknj/how_do_i_install_windows_onto_a_usb_with_a/
  8. Can I download windows 10 onto a USB on a Mac computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I download windows 10 onto a USB on a Mac computer?: I’m getting the Critical Process Died error and I want to reinstall Windows 10 but I don’t have another computer that runs Windows so I was wondering if I can do it from a Mac. Apologies, I’m a noob submitted by /u/bobbytostino [link] [comments]...
  9. Install Windows 10 media onto USB

Install Windows 10 media onto USB: I am trying to update laptop windows 7 to 10. It failed on the laptop so I tried to update by downloading onto USB on a different computer and got this error. The USB has around 32 GB of memory and seems to be relatively new blue USB. The USB is completely empty. The laptop...
  10. Can I install Windows 7 onto a Windows 10 desktop?

Can I install Windows 7 onto a Windows 10 desktop?: Hi all. I've had W10 desktop since Jan & am an extremely unhappy user. Totally dissatisfied. W10 just doesn't work for me. I've spent so much time on it. Parts of software doesn't function as it shd. I've spent more time on the MS website than before, in fact, I've hardly...