Windows 10: can I kick Action Center (notifications) out of the tray

Discus and support can I kick Action Center (notifications) out of the tray in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I can, how to do it? is it dangerous? worthwhile? thanks 58676 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zivshosh, Aug 3, 2016.

1. zivshosh Win User

can I kick Action Center (notifications) out of the tray

If I can, how to do it?
    is it dangerous? worthwhile?
    thanks

:)

zivshosh, Aug 3, 2016

2. Action center performance issue after installing Windows 10 Anniversary update.

Original Title: Do Action Center Notifications have a display timeout?

Can anyone tell me if there's a time limit on how long notifications remain on display in the Action Center? If so, is there a way to control the time?

I've been having some problems with Action Center notifications since the Anniversary Upgrade. At first I was not getting Email notifications to change the state of the Action Center Icon in the System Tray or display email sender and subject in the Action
    Center. Today I figured out part of this and I've started to see the Action Center Icon change it's state from black to white and to show the number of messages in the Action Center. In addition to the Action Center Icon changing I also noted that the sender
    name and subject are now being shown in the Action Center.

But here's something I that I've also noted and this may be a change between the initial release of Windows 10 and the anniversary edition. When a new email notification is displayed and the Action Center is updated, I can step away from my computer for
    an extended period of time and when I return the Action Center Icon has changed from an ON state back to an OFF state and the Action Center itself contains no notification messages which to me is different from the what was happening prior to the Anniversary
    Edition deployment. In that prior version the notification Icon would stay ON and the message info would stay in the Action Center until they were manually removed. If there's now a time limit on how long these Email address information stays around and
    can someone tell me where I can find the values so I can adjust them.

Moondoggy_451, Aug 3, 2016
  3. Teddy2016 Win User
    Can I use Windows Defender? I have McAfee

Hi!

Just uninstall McAfee anti-virus software and restart PC. You will then get notification in the action center (icon in system tray) to start Defender.

Teddy2016, Aug 3, 2016
  4. zivshosh Win User

sorry
    found the answer (in Tenforums where else?)
    settings -> system -> notifications
    problem solved

zivshosh, Aug 3, 2016
Thema:

1. can I kick Action Center (notifications) out of the tray - Similar Threads - kick Action Center

2. Action Center problem with notifications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action Center problem with notifications: When I opened the action center, I used to get one or two notifications, usually headlines about recent news. I would then click the headline and be brought to a page with the full story. For more than the last two weeks, when I click the text, I get something like the...
  3. Notifications and Action Center not working.

Notifications and Action Center not working.: Hi, Just recently, out of the blue, my action center/notifications panel will not open and I cannot for the life of me find a fix that works. I have tried many "solutions" found both on the web and here, to no avail. Whenever I click on the action bar bottom right the...
  4. Action center not showing notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action center not showing notifications: Basically I get notification bubbles but when I open action center, there are no notifications. For example, if I turn off Windows defender, I get notification popup like in first picture. But when I open it, there is nothing. The popup icon clears after wards as if I...
  5. Notification in Action Center by PowerShell

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification in Action Center by PowerShell: Hi! I found on the web script to notify any action in PowerShell. I'm not PowerShell friendly, still using command line. I need to customize script to remove notify icon in taskbar. I tried to change few values, but never successfully. Can anybody help me with removing...
  6. Notifications not showing in action center

Notifications not showing in action center: Notifications not showing in action center, it shows the number of notifications I have and they show pop ups. But when I click the notification button its empty. Doing a reboot makes them all show up for a while but it's really annoying that I have to do this so often. Any...
  7. No notification in action center

No notification in action center: I have problem in action center. I am using latest windows 10:Version 1809. Action center shows the numbers(badges) of notifications but when the action center is clicked it shows none of the notification though there actually is the notification from the app. So, how to fix...
  8. Action Center and notifications

Action Center and notifications: While I like having most notifications in one discrete place, I did use to have an hourly notification pop up. It helped me keep track of the time and my computer usage. Lately however, I've found that it just winds up in the Action Center, which doesn't help me. Ironically,...
  9. The Action Center and Notifications

in Browsers and Email
    The Action Center and Notifications: Is there a reason Action Center doesn't notify me of all my incoming emails? Just a quick Q I have... Thanks!*Cool 23968
  10. how to kick off Action Center from the tray

in Windows 10 Support
    how to kick off Action Center from the tray: In Windows 10 Pro: how do I kick action center off the tray. its notifications are irrelevant and useless thank you 72932