Windows 10: Can I make a system image of Windows 10?

Discus and support Can I make a system image of Windows 10? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; The other day I thought I'd made a system image of Windows 10, which is now my OS. But, I see it says "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)". So, did I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by richard2277, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Can I make a system image of Windows 10?

The other day I thought I'd made a system image of Windows 10, which is now my OS. But, I see it says "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)". So, did I just backup my previous OS then, and not my current OS? And if so, can I make a system image of my Windows 10 OS? Thanks.

:)

richard2277, Nov 8, 2015

2. Can I restore an image of UEFI system to a MBR partition?

Hello, IMO, this isn't feasible. You may receive this error while doing so: The system image restore failed. Windows cannot restore a system image to a computer that has different firmware. The system image was created on a computer using EFI and this
    computer is using BIOS. Try and see if you can proceed with it. Regards.

Kapil Arya MVP, Nov 8, 2015
  3. redhonker Win User
    Can I restore an image of UEFI system to a MBR partition?

Is this feasible?

I have Windows 10 on UEFI/GPT partition. I have an image created by Windows own backup tool.

I got a small SSD which people say it's better to kept in MBR.

Is it possible to somehow restore the UEFI system image to MBR SSD?

Thanks

redhonker, Nov 8, 2015
  4. ReneM Win User

Can I make a system image of Windows 10?

You have backed up your current Windows 10 Can I make a system image of Windows 10? :)

ReneM, Nov 8, 2015
  5. Okay. Also, I've just seen, doing another backup on another PC, that after you have backed up, you get a prompt about making a bootable CD ROM disc, and it tells me to mark it "Windows 10 32 bit". So, I must be, as said, be making a Windows 10 backup.

richard2277, Nov 8, 2015
  6. ReneM Win User
    Yes - you have made a Systembuild of your C:\ drive Can I make a system image of Windows 10? :)

ReneM, Nov 8, 2015
  7. Novak3d Win User
    I use this command in Powershell or command Line.

wbadmin start backup backupTarget: D: -include:C: -allCritical -quiet

: D: external HDD could be another drive-letter.

Hope this helps. Here is a link for more information: http://www.howtogeek.com/167984/how-...n-windows-8.1/

Novak3d, Nov 8, 2015
  8. sn00ker Win User

If you want to make a backup image of your system many here would recommend using this software below and its free

Code: Macrium Software | 404

sn00ker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I make a system image of Windows 10? - Similar Threads - system image

2. Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image: This started when I was trying to migrate my windows onto a new drive, I was doing it via an image and USB flash drive. while going through the process I had to select which drive I wanted it on and which drives it was going to take windows from. one of them was a drive E...
  3. Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image: This started when I was trying to migrate my windows onto a new drive, I was doing it via an image and USB flash drive. while going through the process I had to select which drive I wanted it on and which drives it was going to take windows from. one of them was a drive E...
  4. Is W10's basic system image reliable to use today like in W7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is W10's basic system image reliable to use today like in W7?: Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-w10s-basic-system-image-reliable-to-use-today/57d94d88-7646-460b-a9e3-db2df99c317d
  5. Is W10's basic system image reliable to use today like in W7?

Is W10's basic system image reliable to use today like in W7?: Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-w10s-basic-system-image-reliable-to-use-today/57d94d88-7646-460b-a9e3-db2df99c317d
  6. Is W10's basic system image reliable to use today like in W7?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I am a new system builder, need support from experts. How do i create my own image of...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I am a new system builder, need support from experts. How do i create my own image of...: system builder, need support from experts. How do i create my own image of windows 10 22H2 wiht my motherboard driversi need an image of my own and shoudl be able to install in on new system fastest possiblealso how do i get bulk discount for my systems. I need all drivers to...
  8. I am a new system builder, need support from experts. How do i create my own image of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am a new system builder, need support from experts. How do i create my own image of...: system builder, need support from experts. How do i create my own image of windows 10 22H2 wiht my motherboard driversi need an image of my own and shoudl be able to install in on new system fastest possiblealso how do i get bulk discount for my systems. I need all drivers to...
  9. I am a new system builder, need support from experts. How do i create my own image of...

10. why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...

why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...: why i am not able to restore sib ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third party tool and use it to restore sib. but by ms sib option not work to restore, only i can backup but not restore by ms, why ms not creating restore tool as portable so any where it can be restored....