Windows 10: Can I make Windows automatically ask for my PIN and not password?

Discus and support Can I make Windows automatically ask for my PIN and not password? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Noob question inbound. When I log in, I have both options to sign in - Password, or PIN number.. But the password option is selected as the primary... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by joshipps, Jan 18, 2017.

1. joshipps Win User

Can I make Windows automatically ask for my PIN and not password?

Noob question inbound.

When I log in, I have both options to sign in - Password, or PIN number.. But the password option is selected as the primary sign-in option.

What I'd like to do is be able to open my computer and the PIN option is already selected and I just punch it in and go. First world problem I know.

But is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

:)

joshipps, Jan 18, 2017

2. Windows 10 automatically logs into desktop without asking password or pin.

Original Title: Automatic Log On

When I turn on my computer, Windows 10 automatically logs my into the computer , without me having to enter my password or PIN. What adjustments can I make so that it is necessary to enter my password or PIN?

Millington, Jan 18, 2017
  3. McTao Win User
    Cannot enter PIN (0000) for my Bluetooth headset into my Samsung Focus WP7 Phone.

I just bought a Bluetooth headset and trying to pair with my Samsung Focus. I was able to search and found the device. But with I tap on it to connect. It does not ask me for the PIN (which is 0000), but instead the phone automatically generate the
    PIN and ask my to match it on the headset. Of course, the headset does not have the function to Enter the PIN, so it fails to connect. Is there any ways I can force the phone to ENTER a PIN, so I can pair with the Headset, Thanks.

McTao, Jan 18, 2017
  4. essenbe Win User

essenbe, Jan 18, 2017
  5. joshipps Win User
    Well, simple enough. I simply deleted the exsisting PIN and then reset it. Seemed to do the trick.

Thank you!

joshipps, Jan 18, 2017
  6. essenbe Win User
    Glad it worked for you.

essenbe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I make Windows automatically ask for my PIN and not password? - Similar Threads - automatically ask PIN

2. How can I get into my computer it is suddenly asking for PIN instead of password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I get into my computer it is suddenly asking for PIN instead of password?: How can I get into my computer it is suddenly asking for PIN instead of password?I do not know my PIN - I tried but nothing is letting me in Keeps saying enter A1B2C3...
  3. Asking for password instead of pin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asking for password instead of pin.: Last night I reset my PC as it was acting slow and app wouldn't start. I chose the option to keep files. This morning it is asking for a password to login rather than a PIN. I have tried resetting my password but the security questions are not the ones I set. I am thinking...
  4. Asking for password instead of pin.

Asking for password instead of pin.: Last night I reset my PC as it was acting slow and app wouldn't start. I chose the option to keep files. This morning it is asking for a password to login rather than a PIN. I have tried resetting my password but the security questions are not the ones I set. I am thinking...
  5. Asking for password instead of pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. How can I make my PC ask for a password or pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make my PC ask for a password or pin?: Hi everyone, I've tried a few posts on here along with other guides online but I cannot get my PC to ask for a password or pin upon start up. Judging by how the "Sign-in options" in my PC settings reads, it should be asking me for a pin - but it just isn't. I've used the...
  7. How can I make my PC ask for a password or pin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I make my PC ask for a password or pin?: Hi everyone, I've tried a few posts on here along with other guides online but I cannot get my PC to ask for a password or pin upon start up. Judging by how the "Sign-in options" in my PC settings reads, it should be asking me for a pin - but it just isn't. I've used the...
  8. Windows asks for password instead of pin

Windows asks for password instead of pin: I ised to log in via pin, but today it asked for password, totally out of blue. I couldn’t figure the password so I reset it in my Microsoft account. But new password doesn’t work as well. What do I do?...
  9. Windows is asking for a password instead of Pin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is asking for a password instead of Pin: Hello I was getting some “host error” every time I’d start my computer so I followed this tutorial method number 3 to fix my problem, I disabled all windows services and restarted my computer. Upon restart it started asking me for my password which I don’t remember even tho...
  10. Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint/PIN/Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint/PIN/Password: I've bought a new laptop (Huawei Matebook D) a few weeks ago: this is my first laptop with a fingerprint reader, so I don't know if this is a known issue or what, anyway it's been behaving like this since I got it. What happens is that sometimes when I start the laptop, or...