Windows 10: Can I manually download the Windows 10 update to my USB?

Discus and support Can I manually download the Windows 10 update to my USB? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; About once in a blue moon, my laptop gives me the option of using my USB for more storage to download the update (since it's physically impossible that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bev K., Jul 19, 2018.

1. Bev K. Win User

Can I manually download the Windows 10 update to my USB?

About once in a blue moon, my laptop gives me the option of using my USB for more storage to download the update (since it's physically impossible that my laptop alone have enough storage). I would like to be able to use my USB without having to wait for that rare moment that my laptop realizes it's an option (then subsequently fails the update for lack of storage, as though it forgot about the USB with plenty of space).

:)

Bev K., Jul 19, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 19, 2018
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Jul 19, 2018
  4. R0H1T Win User

Windows 10 forced download

Turn "BITS" service to off or disabled & windows update to manual. Whenever you want to update windows, security &/or optional patches, just turn on "BITS" & start Windows update service & let OS do the rest. You might have to uncheck anything win10 related manually if it's in the download list.

Turning BITS off is the easiest way to save your bandwidth, even if you have ample amounts of it.

R0H1T, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I manually download the Windows 10 update to my USB? - Similar Threads - manually download update

2. Can I manually download wups2.dll?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I manually download wups2.dll?: Can I manually download wups2.dll because I've been having error code 0x80004002 for about a year now. I've already tried resetting and scanning my files but I still cannot find a solution, so is there a link or download I could use to get the file I need?...
  3. Can I manually download wups2.dll?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I manually download wups2.dll?: Can I manually download wups2.dll because I've been having error code 0x80004002 for about a year now. I've already tried resetting and scanning my files but I still cannot find a solution, so is there a link or download I could use to get the file I need?...
  4. Windows Update - Manual driver download

Windows Update - Manual driver download: Hello community,i got some driver installed by the windows update function. The driver in question is called:CORSAIR MEMORY, INC. - Monitor - 1.0.0.2and i can see it in the update history for windows update driver updates.This entry cannot be clicked and there is no other...
  5. Manually Downloading Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manually Downloading Windows Updates: I have an old desktop, custom-built for me in 2011, running Windows 7 64 Bit Professional, and I've run into an issue with DPC latency, which leads to stuttering audio. Specifically this started happening when I purchased a Scarlet 18I20 Third Generation USB audio interface....
  6. Manually Downloading Windows Updates

Manually Downloading Windows Updates: I have an old desktop, custom-built for me in 2011, running Windows 7 64 Bit Professional, and I've run into an issue with DPC latency, which leads to stuttering audio. Specifically this started happening when I purchased a Scarlet 18I20 Third Generation USB audio interface....
  7. Manually download and install windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Manually download and install windows update: Is there a way to download the latest latest update of windows manually? Because my wifi in my pc randomly dont recognize any router i already tried everything i already reinstall windows but still wifi is still not working hoping the latest update fix this cause i heard this...
  8. How can I download Windows Defender Update manually?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I download Windows Defender Update manually?: Hi, I am new here. I need some guidance/link. Windows 10.1 is installed on my pd/desktop. The internet is working through networking and proxy. Microsoft official website is blocked. Due to this, I am unable to update my windows defender (antivirus). I need to ask...
  9. Can I Manually Download 7909 Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I Manually Download 7909 Update?: 2 of my 3 Win 10's (Pro and Enterprise) have upgraded successfully to the 7909 FCE. The 3rd OS (Pro) keeps saying no updates available. Can I manually download and install it from anywhere? 96360
  10. Manually Download Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Manually Download Update: I have a limited wifi issue. Toshiba states update KB3114149 may solve the issue. I can't determine if this update was included when I upgraded to 10586/1511 as it is not listed in Update History. Is there a way to manually download that update ? 32690

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dowbload windows phone 10 update manually

2. how to update windows 10 manually with usb