Windows 10: Can I mix mail protocols?

Discus and support Can I mix mail protocols? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My desktop Email clients (SeaMonkey and Outlook 2003) are set up as POP3, with mail I read being downloaded to my computer and deleted from the server.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Newmaven, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Newmaven Win User

Can I mix mail protocols?

My desktop Email clients (SeaMonkey and Outlook 2003) are set up as POP3, with mail I read being downloaded to my computer and deleted from the server. But I'd also like to be able to read on my Android phone new mails that come in when I'm not home while still having them available for my desktop PC when I return. Can I set it up so that the Android uses IMAP while the desktop remains POP3? Other solutions?

:)

Newmaven, Aug 10, 2016
  2. amarikela Win User

All contacts mixed up after synchronizing

Almost all of my contacts in both the phone and Ovi net got totally mixed up after synchronizing. People have extra phone numbers and their e-mail addresses are mixed. One of the three might be right, but how can I guess which one it is? When I try to call
    my daughter's friend, a colleague of mine answers... How on earth can this happen?

amarikela, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Afile of my own

I am on a dating site (s)

I want to make a folder or file to put their e mails AND pictures in I have 2 diff e mail addyes and their names are similar I am getting them mixed up can someone help me?

repeattutu27, Aug 10, 2016
  4. Can I mix mail protocols?

Sure, the protocol used by the client is separate .. the mail server just packages the data for the client in the manner the client requested.

One caveat - you won't sync mail to the Android device that has already been deleted from the server by your other clients (SeaMonkey and Outlook 2003) ... but judging by your description, that should be ok.

Slartybart, Aug 10, 2016
Thema:

Can I mix mail protocols?

1. Can I mix mail protocols? - Similar Threads - mix mail protocols

2. How can I disable the Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I disable the Mail app: I want to be able to send web links to people from my browser as I've done for years in Windows 7. You click on File>Email link in the browser. Outlook offers a new email with the subject line taken from the web page and the link in it. Unfortunately, now that I have a...
  3. Can I go back to outlook mail?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I go back to outlook mail?: I hate the windows mail app. Can't find other folders and can't forward to more than 1 person. Please tell me how to go back to the old outlook, If I can't, I am going to Gmail....
  4. Can I use the Windows Mail I used with Vista?

in Browsers and Email
    Can I use the Windows Mail I used with Vista?: I have no desire to use the mail app in windows 10. I've been using windows mail for years and prefer that more than any other program. I still have other accounts like gmail, etc., but I really can't stand the windows 10 mail. I must be the old dog who can't or rather will...
  5. can i mix this security together software?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can i mix this security together software?: i got sophos home beta the one with hitman integrate inside with the scanner and i got heimdal agent premium and i got offline malwarebytes will i have any problems running the first two in premium services the same time? 93124
  6. Can I Import Live Mail 2012 to Windows 10 Mail?

in Browsers and Email
    Can I Import Live Mail 2012 to Windows 10 Mail?: I've used WLM 2012 with Windows 7 and it has worked fine all these years. After installing 10 I see it contains its own Mail app. Is it possible to transfer all my emails and settings from WLM to Mail? 12009
  7. Network Protocols

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Protocols: Problem trying to connect to internet on laptop, but all working as normal on desktop. Investigations revealed....one or more Network Protocols are missing on this computer, also Windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing....this on both...
  8. Can you mix ram speeds in the same PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can you mix ram speeds in the same PC: Ended up with two extra sticks of DDR3 4 gig sticks of memory after two PC upgrades to Win 10. Question is can I mix DDR3 ram sticks on the same board if the speeds are different...? What do I have to match/look for in order to use 2 ea different ram sticks/speeds in the...
  9. Missing Protocols

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Protocols: I am attempting to use my Internet but it will not let me to put it straightforwardly. It shows a connection but will not let me use it. I ran the troubleshooter and it tells me I'm missing one or more network protocols and asks me if I'd like to try fixes as admin. I...
  10. I can not agree to the options of configuration of protocol TCP/ IPv4

in Windows 10 Support
    I can not agree to the options of configuration of protocol TCP/ IPv4: Friends, I can not use my connection of telephonic access to internet with Windows 10, the options of configuration in protocol do not deploy TCP/IPv4 where I must put themselves them my supplier's DNS of internet, this is the one and only negative situation that I have found...