Windows 10: Can I mix mail protocols?

Discus and support Can I mix mail protocols? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My desktop Email clients (SeaMonkey and Outlook 2003) are set up as POP3, with mail I read being downloaded to my computer and deleted from the server.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Newmaven, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Newmaven Win User

Can I mix mail protocols?

My desktop Email clients (SeaMonkey and Outlook 2003) are set up as POP3, with mail I read being downloaded to my computer and deleted from the server. But I'd also like to be able to read on my Android phone new mails that come in when I'm not home while still having them available for my desktop PC when I return. Can I set it up so that the Android uses IMAP while the desktop remains POP3? Other solutions?

:)

Newmaven, Aug 10, 2016
  2. amarikela Win User

All contacts mixed up after synchronizing

Almost all of my contacts in both the phone and Ovi net got totally mixed up after synchronizing. People have extra phone numbers and their e-mail addresses are mixed. One of the three might be right, but how can I guess which one it is? When I try to call
    my daughter's friend, a colleague of mine answers... How on earth can this happen?

amarikela, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Afile of my own

I am on a dating site (s)

I want to make a folder or file to put their e mails AND pictures in I have 2 diff e mail addyes and their names are similar I am getting them mixed up can someone help me?

repeattutu27, Aug 10, 2016
  4. Can I mix mail protocols?

Sure, the protocol used by the client is separate .. the mail server just packages the data for the client in the manner the client requested.

One caveat - you won't sync mail to the Android device that has already been deleted from the server by your other clients (SeaMonkey and Outlook 2003) ... but judging by your description, that should be ok.

Slartybart, Aug 10, 2016
Thema:

Can I mix mail protocols?

1. Can I mix mail protocols? - Similar Threads - mix mail protocols

2. Can I mix ram brands?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I mix ram brands?: I bought SP1 DDR3 RAM 8gb. I have in my PC Kingston DDR3 4 GB. Can I mix the brands and Gigabytes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-mix-ram-brands/4a94a74a-a4a2-4f74-b0a8-874062d065f8
  3. Can I mix ram brands?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I mix ram brands?: I bought SP1 DDR3 RAM 8gb. I have in my PC Kingston DDR3 4 GB. Can I mix the brands and Gigabytes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-mix-ram-brands/4a94a74a-a4a2-4f74-b0a8-874062d065f8
  4. Mail app mix all my contacts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail app mix all my contacts: Hello,Windows 10 Mail app is mixing all my contacts!I have my personal hotmail account on this mail app, and I just added my Gmail work account... I want to have only work contacts on my work account... and I want to have only personal contacts on my personal account... this...
  5. Where can I find a list of 'protocols'?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Where can I find a list of 'protocols'?: I've just posted an almost identical version of this to the Excel forum, but I then realised it's probably more appropriate here. I'm trying to disable the unwanted warning message when trying to open hyperlinks in Excel 365. I'm following these instructions....
  6. Can I mix Ram Sizes?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I mix Ram Sizes?: Not sure if its just me but I see a lot of websites with inconsistent not very clear information. So I thought I'd ask my friends at 10 forums. Can I have varying sizes ram on my mother? From what my research tells me, yes, but it needs to be the same DDR and same speed so...
  7. Can I mix Ram Sizes?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I mix Ram Sizes?: Not sure if its just me but I see a lot of websites with inconsistent not very clear information. So I thought I'd ask my friends at 10 forums. Can I have varying sizes ram on my mother? From what my research tells me, yes, but it needs to be the same DDR and same speed so...
  8. Mail for Windows 10 mixing email addresses

Mail for Windows 10 mixing email addresses: Hi I seem to have a problem where Mail for Windows 10 mixes my work email and personal email addresses, which are set-up as separate accounts. For example, I recently sent an email using my personal email account. I can see it in the sent items for that account, however...
  9. mail/outlook mail: I can send BUT can NOT receive

mail/outlook mail: I can send BUT can NOT receive: mail/outlook mail: I can send BUT can NOT receive. What is the remedy? thanks jp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mailoutlook-mail/8fd6a777-8d82-4ca3-9c0a-cb090ddac574
  10. can i mix this security together software?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can i mix this security together software?: i got sophos home beta the one with hitman integrate inside with the scanner and i got heimdal agent premium and i got offline malwarebytes will i have any problems running the first two in premium services the same time? 93124