Windows 10: Can I move emails in Windows Live Mail to Mozilla Thunderbird?

Discus and support Can I move emails in Windows Live Mail to Mozilla Thunderbird? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Got a new computer. Old one used Windows Live Mail but can't get it working on the new one. Is it possible to move my emails from WLM into Thunderbird?... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Dutch, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Dutch Win User

Can I move emails in Windows Live Mail to Mozilla Thunderbird?

Got a new computer. Old one used Windows Live Mail but can't get it working on the new one. Is it possible to move my emails from WLM into Thunderbird?

:)

Dutch, Jun 14, 2017

2. using Windows 10, how do I associate an email program in order to send a picture?

What email program are you using? If you're referring to the "Send to..." right-click functionality, there must be a full-featured email client installed, such as Microsoft Office Outlook,

Windows Live Mail
    or
    Mozilla Thunderbird
    . The latter two are free. It won't work with the Windows 10 Mail app.

Your statement about Windows Live Mail is a complete lie.

Here is a direct quotation from the Microsoft Web Site about Windows Live Mail:

"How do I add an account to Windows Live Mail

"Content provided by Microsoft

"Applies to: Windows 7 [Note, we have been referring to Windows 10 all along!! Why would you even want to bring up the subject of Windows 10?]

"Some email service providers have moved to newer email protocols for improved security and reliability. These email service providers may no longer work with Windows Live Mail."

Basically, this says that concerning Windows 10, Windows Live Mail is a dead donkey.

Furthermore, I have found ALL of the products of Mozilla to be practically useless. I do not bother with any of them anymore.

Dale A. Wood, Jun 14, 2017
  3. JimWynne Win User
    Outlook.com

If you're referring to using the right-click "send to...mail recipient" function, it can only be done with an installed email client such as Windows Live Mail, Outlook (not Outlook.com) or Mozilla Thunderbird.

JimWynne, Jun 14, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, it's fairly easy to find this discussed: e.g.
    email - How to import Windows Live Mail mails into ThunderBird? - Super User

Note there are comments that both use dfferent formats.

Another approach I use years ago to do something similar was to use a free email archive program to back up and restore the emails. E.g. MailStore Home (free)
    MailStore Home Help

KLS Mail Backup addresses profiles and contacts etc
    KLS Mail Backup - Freeware Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, Firefox backup
    KLS Mail Backup - Freeware Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, Firefox backup

dalchina, Jun 15, 2017
  5. Dutch Win User
    Will give those a try. Thanks very much!

Dutch, Jun 15, 2017
  6. jaonswa Win User
    jaonswa, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I move emails in Windows Live Mail to Mozilla Thunderbird? - Similar Threads - move emails Live

2. Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for Password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for Password.: Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for the Password for my Hotmail Account. As it was the old version of it I had I uninstalled it. I then installed the latest version Thunderbird 11.5.0.1 Supernova 64 BIt. It stopped doing for a bit but now it has started to ask for the...
  3. Mozilla firefox and thunderbird questions

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla firefox and thunderbird questions: I just installed firefox 85.0.2 brownser and thunderbird 78.11 email. I need a bit of helps. Firefox -Is it possible to disable update notification on startup ? -Is there any language translator plugin avaiable ? Thunderbird -Is there any PDF viewer plugin to read PDF mail ?...
  4. Windows Live Mail - Mozilla

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail - Mozilla: For starters, I am 90 years old!!! I cannot delete any of my emails, no matter what I do. I am able to type an email and send it but am not sure it gets to the person. Please tell me, in simple terms, what I need to do to delete the emails. I have been trying different...
  5. Is Mozilla Thunderbird slow at fetching and sending emails?

in Browsers and Email
    Is Mozilla Thunderbird slow at fetching and sending emails?: My ISP claims it's not their mail server... So is Mozilla Thunderbird slow at fetching and sending emails? I have a very fast broadband connection. Just curious. *really 125520
  6. Mozilla Thunderbird 60.3.0

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla Thunderbird 60.3.0: This version has been released today. Can be downloaded from the Mozilla ftp, 32-bit and 64-bit versions available. Directory Listing: /pub/thunderbird/releases/60.3.0/ 120836
  7. Mozilla Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla Thunderbird: Mozilla have released version 60 of thir email client. Now available in a 64-bit version as well as 32-bit. Thunderbird — Release Notes (60.0) — Mozilla 115501
  8. Move Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Move Windows Live Mail: I should know this. However, I need to get my Windows Live Mail off my old PC and put on new built PC. Both are running Windows 10, Build 14316. I've tried a simple Export Message but it exports the Folders with nothing in them. Had this before but can't remember. Pete...
  9. Win Live Mail & Thunderbird "Poof" Email

in Browsers and Email
    Win Live Mail & Thunderbird "Poof" Email: Hi, All First time in the forum. In Win Live Mail when I click on an email it goes poof! and disappears. This is an intermittent occurrence, but now it is happening more frequently. Occasionally, I can find it in Trash, but not very often. I installed Thunderbird,...
  10. Move Emails From Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Move Emails From Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail: I am setting up Windows Mail on my new Windows 10 desktop computer. I want to transfer my Windows Live emails on Windows 7 to Windows Mail on Windows 10. I have 26 folders and subfolders on the old computer. How do I do that? Thanks, cb 79288

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i have mozilla thunderbird and windows live mail on my computer

2. in windows mail i moved emails to subfolders now i have a new computer and i cant find those emails

3. migrate from windows live to thunderbird

4. Can I export windows live mail to mozilla thunderbird,
  5. migrate windows live mail to thunderbird,
  6. how to move windows live mail to thunderbird,
  7. can i move savsed windows live emails to thunderbird,
  8. migrating email from windows live mail 2012 to thunderebird,
  9. move emails from windows live mail to windows mail,
  10. how to transfer emails from windows live mail to thunderbird,
  11. can you migrate from windows live mail to thunderbird,
  12. move email thunderbird to windows mail,
  13. move email from mozilla thunderbird to windows mail