Windows 10: Can I move windows 11 from my C: drive to my E: drive without resetting all my drives?

Discus and support Can I move windows 11 from my C: drive to my E: drive without resetting all my drives? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to move Windows from my 120GB SSD to my 500GB SSD because my C: drive is always almost full at 5-.5GB remaining. I was wondering if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scuppers, Dec 8, 2023.

1. Scuppers Win User

Can I move windows 11 from my C: drive to my E: drive without resetting all my drives?

I would like to move Windows from my 120GB SSD to my 500GB SSD because my C: drive is always almost full at 5-.5GB remaining. I was wondering if I could format my E: Drive and move Windows 11 there so it would have more free space. However, I am not sure how to do this without resetting my whole computer I have like 2.5TB+ of **** on here.I just want to move Windows 11 from my bad 125GB drive to my good 500GB drive without deleting everything else.Thank you in advance!Scuppers

:)

Scuppers, Dec 8, 2023

2. C: drive

Hi Viva,

If you recently made some changes on your machine and needs to access
    C: drive
    , you can do it by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + E.
    • On the left pane, click This PC. It will show you list of different folders. For
      C: drive, it may look like this.

Can I move windows 11 from my C: drive to my E: drive without resetting all my drives? 26098bd9-c4a9-4b92-b7a6-d437f0a281ea.jpg

If you have further queries, feel free to reply to this post.

Amylove Loy, Dec 8, 2023
  3. Arun B J Win User
    c drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• Is Windows 8 partition installed on the C drive?
    • Are any hardware or software changes made to the PC prior to this issue? Have you refreshed or Reset the PC?
    • Are you on a dual boot environment?
    • If you have another account on this PC, are you able to access the C drive?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Give permissions to the C drive and check.

a. Right click on C: drive and select Properties.

b. Go to the Security tab.

c. Click on Advanced and in
    Permissions tab, click on Add.

d. Click on Select a principal
    and type Everyone in the box and press Enter.

e. Click on Full control and then press on OK.

f. Then in the C: drive properties, click on
    Edit

g. Click on Add and then type
    Everyone and click on Full Control.

h. Press okay and close the C drive properties window.

Check if you are able to access C drive.

You may also refer to
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-security/c-is-not-accessible-access-is-denied/2514966c-c4f5-4619-a422-4ebeda5fcb36

Also, refer to this article: "Access Denied" error message when accessing or working with files and folders”
    in this link, this would help you to take ownership of the drive.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 8, 2023
  4. KTR
    ktr Win User

Can I move windows 11 from my C: drive to my E: drive without resetting all my drives?

Can not extend C drive.

You will have to move E: drive first. So expand E: drive to take that 10gb of space, then shrink it from the left...so that you can expand C: drive.

You cannot have C:---E:---C:
    It must be C:---E:

Thema:

1. Can I move windows 11 from my C: drive to my E: drive without resetting all my drives? - Similar Threads - move drive drive

2. Can I move windows 11 from my C: drive to my E: drive without resetting all my drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I move windows 11 from my C: drive to my E: drive without resetting all my drives?: I would like to move Windows from my 120GB SSD to my 500GB SSD because my C: drive is always almost full at 5-.5GB remaining. I was wondering if I could format my E: Drive and move Windows 11 there so it would have more free space. However, I am not sure how to do this...
  3. Why my windows drive c move to drive I?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my windows drive c move to drive I?: Hello, i want to ask for this problem, why my windows file c move to I? I search fix for this but no one found it always automatic repair. Please help me...
  4. Why my windows drive c move to drive I?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my windows drive c move to drive I?: Hello, i want to ask for this problem, why my windows file c move to I? I search fix for this but no one found it always automatic repair. Please help me...
  5. How do I move all the space from my D drive to my C drive and make C drive primary to save...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move all the space from my D drive to my C drive and make C drive primary to save...: This has become the biggest headache I have ever had with computers. I just want one single hard drive and I want it to be the C drive, mostly because all the main important stuff like Windows updates and graphic card updates and all the main stuff literally has no room to...
  6. How do I move all the space from my D drive to my C drive and make C drive primary to save...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I move all the space from my D drive to my C drive and make C drive primary to save...: This has become the biggest headache I have ever had with computers. I just want one single hard drive and I want it to be the C drive, mostly because all the main important stuff like Windows updates and graphic card updates and all the main stuff literally has no room to...
  7. Can I move all my program files from the C drive to the D drive by cutting and pasting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I move all my program files from the C drive to the D drive by cutting and pasting?: I started to do this but then decided to cancel the process to check if it was a safe thing to do. The reason I want to do this is because there is much more space on my D drive than my C drive. Also, my D drive is completely empty. Can I do it? If not, what can I do to...
  8. I cloned my C: drive to my E: drive and i want to Format My C: drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cloned my C: drive to my E: drive and i want to Format My C: drive: [ATTACH] I have already prioritized my PC to boot from my E: drive which has a copy of my windows 10. I used Samsung's Data Migration tool since both my C: and E: are both from Samsung to avoid any hiccups or discrepancies. I'm worried that formatting my C: drive may mess...
  9. Moving my VMware from my C drive to another drive

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Moving my VMware from my C drive to another drive: Hello again, i recently installed my insiders edition to the wrong drive, my C Drive, i wanted to install it to my DATA drive, if i copy all the VM files that in my C drive , to the actual drive that i want it in, how if at all would that affect my current insiders edition...
  10. Moving my VMwaare from my C drive to another drive

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Moving my VMwaare from my C drive to another drive: Hello again, i recently installed my insiders edition to the wrong drive, my C Drive, i wanted to install it to my DATA drive, if i copy all the VM files that in my C drive , to the actual drive that i want it in, how if at all would that affect my current insiders edition...