Windows 10: Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10

Discus and support Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts for Sticky Notes in Windows 10 The Sticky Notes app is a preinstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Load, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Load Win User

Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10

How to: Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10

Keyboard Shortcuts for Sticky Notes in Windows 10

The Sticky Notes app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. This apps allows you to create and save notes to the desktop of your Windows 10 PC. Thanks to a new and improved design, added intelligence and Pen support, it is now easier than ever to quickly capture and add context to all your notes.

Sticky Notes 3.0 has been released to Windows 10 April 2018 and later with new features and capabilities.

Many users find that using an external keyboard with keyboard shortcuts for Sticky Notes on Windows helps them work more efficiently. For users with mobility or vision disabilities, keyboard shortcuts can be easier than using the touchscreen and are an essential alternative to using a mouse. This article itemizes the keyboard shortcuts for Sticky Notes on Windows.

*note Note:
    • The shortcuts in this topic refer to the US keyboard layout. Keys for other layouts might not correspond exactly to the keys on a US keyboard.
    • If a shortcut requires pressing two or more keys at the same time, this topic separates the keys with a plus sign (+). If you have to press one key immediately after another, the keys are separated by a comma (,).
    See also: Keyboard shortcuts for Sticky Notes - Office Support

This tutorial will provide you with a list of all keyboard shortcuts for the Sticky Notes app in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

Type and edit sticky notes

[table][tr]To do this Press [/tr] [tr][td]Create a new sticky note.[/td] [td]Ctrl+N[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Delete the current sticky note.[/td] [td]Ctrl+D[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Move to the next sticky note.[/td] [td]Ctrl+Tab[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Move to the previous sticky note.[/td] [td]Ctrl+Shift+Tab[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Select all text on the sticky note.[/td] [td]Ctrl+A[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Copy the selected text to the clipboard.[/td] [td]Ctrl+C[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Cut the selected text to the clipboard.[/td] [td]Ctrl+X[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Paste the text of the clipboard.[/td] [td]Ctrl+V[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Undo the last action.[/td] [td]Ctrl+Z[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Redo the last action.[/td] [td]Ctrl+Y[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Move one word to the left.[/td] [td]Ctrl+Left arrow[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Move one word to the right.[/td] [td]Ctrl+Right arrow[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Move to the beginning of the line.[/td] [td]Home[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Move to the end of the line.[/td] [td]End[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Move to the beginning of the sticky note.[/td] [td]Ctrl+Home[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Move to the end of the note.[/td] [td]Ctrl+End[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Delete the next word.[/td] [td]Ctrl+Delete[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Delete the previous word.[/td] [td]Ctrl+Backspace[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Close Sticky Notes.[/td] [td]Alt+F4[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Format sticky notes

[table][tr]To do this Press [/tr] [tr][td]Apply or remove bold formatting from the selected text.[/td] [td]Ctrl+B[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Apply or remove italic formatting from the selected text.[/td] [td]Ctrl+I[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Apply or remove the underline from the selected text.[/td] [td]Ctrl+U[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Apply or remove bulleted list formatting from the selected paragraph.[/td] [td]Ctrl+Shift+L[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Apply or remove strikethrough from the selected text.[/td] [td]Ctrl+T[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Right-align the selected paragraph.[/td] [td]Ctrl+Right Shift[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Left-align the selected paragraph.[/td] [td]Ctrl+Left Shift[/td] [/tr] [/table]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

2. AndreePin Win User

Sticky Notes Shortcut Question

Hi,

To create a sticky note shortcut on your Windows 10, what I can suggest is to kindly follow the instructions below:

• In the Start menu, type Sticky Notes in the Search box/Cortana.
    • Select and right click the app.
    • Click Open file location.
    • Right click and select Properties.
    • In the shortcut key: tab, press the keyboard key that you want to create a shortcut with.
    • Click Apply to save the changes.
    Kindly note that you have to be the Administrator to make the changes.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Keyboard short cuts to access sticky notes

Hi,

You can add keyboard shortcuts on Sticky Notes and other applications by following the steps below:

• Press Windows + R and type cmd to open command prompt.
    • Type explorer shell:AppsFolder and press Enter.
    • Right click on Sticky Notes or any other application that you want and select
      Create shortcut (If you get a prompt saying that "Windows can't create a shortcut here. Do you want the shortcut to be placed on the desktop instead?" Select
      Yes)
    • Right click Sticky Notes shortcut on the desktop and select
      Properties
    • You can now enter any key combination in the Shortcut key field.

Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10 afbfa59b-3173-45ad-a59e-133972419465.png

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10

sticky notes

Was this the WIndows 10 Upgrade from WIndows 7, 8 or 8.1?

Check now for a C:\Windows.old folder that is created during an Upgrade. If that folder is found, you can

Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows 10
    and then follow the steps here:

• To backup sticky notes in Windows 10/8.1/8/7:
    STEP 1. Type %AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes in the windows.old folder Search box.

STEP 2. Copy StickyNotes.snt to a safe location.

• To restore sticky notes:
    STEP 1. Type %AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes in start menu search box or run and press Enter.

STEP 2. Copy the StickyNotes.snt file from your backup folder and paste it in the folder that opens. Agree to overwrite the old file, or delete it first before copying. If it balks then install and use the

Take Ownership Shortcut
    on the folder so you can replace the .snt file.

If you don't have Windows.old folder, do you have a backup image of your old install which we can help you mount to browse into the old files?

If not then your notes may be lost. In the future use Notepad or Wordpad which can more easily save Files to your Documents, or back up the Sticky Notes file regularly following the above.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Sticky Note Missing

Hi KeithRawlings,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's see if with the following steps we can solve the problem:

1.- Open >> Sticky notes, when located on the taskbar (Right click on the option) >> Select: List of Notes, now check if your note is in that list.

2.- Follow the steps suggested by the Windows MVP in your article

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-sticky-notes-lost...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Xylee Del Win User
    sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10

1. Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sticky Notes Keyboard

2. Trying to create Win+R shortcut for sticky notes in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to create Win+R shortcut for sticky notes in windows 10.: Unlike windows 8.1 or the older version of windows 10, the new windows 10 does not support run command "stickynotes" or "stikynots" to open sticky notes in windows. Apparently it's because they changed it to MS store app. Anyway I tried creating shortcut of my own and...
  3. Windows 10 STICKY NOTES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 STICKY NOTES: Can someone please let me know how to set up STICKY NOTES to be always on top in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sticky-notes/f173f48b-15d7-4db5-9f2d-d5ad6ce11e9e
  4. Restore Sticky Notes Shortcut

Restore Sticky Notes Shortcut: Hi Shawn: I noticed that I have 2 shortcuts for Sticky Notes in my Start Menu. See image. The top one will open my last note & I can access my other notes, settings, etc. from there. However, the bottom one, which has a flyout, doesn't work. If I click any of the options, I...
  5. Microsoft Sticky Notes on W10 1909 Windows 10 Sticky notes not loading. Loading Sticky Notes...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Sticky Notes on W10 1909 Windows 10 Sticky notes not loading. Loading Sticky Notes...: Any ideas on how to fix this that I haven't already tried. This all started after a version update and unfortunately a downgrade is not possible. Issue is with all user accounts on the PC. Sticky Notes opens a Sticky Note that just says: Loading Sticky Notes... but then...
  6. Windows 10 Sticky Notes

Windows 10 Sticky Notes: I've been having this problem with Sticky Notes on Windows 10 where it keeps deleting everything I type or delete. This has nothing to do with the "INSERT" button as I have searched up this problem but my problem even happens when I delete text. If I delete, type, hit...
  7. Sticky Notes Formatting Shortcuts Gone & Sticky Notes Doesn't Always Auto-Launch after...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sticky Notes Formatting Shortcuts Gone & Sticky Notes Doesn't Always Auto-Launch after...: Greetings, There used to be handy shortcut buttons for applying basic formatting to Sticky Notes (bold, underline, etc). I first noticed these buttons were missing from the bottom of the Sticky Notes window about the time I updated to Windows 10 version 1903. I'm aware...
  8. windows 10 Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 Sticky Notes: How can I transfer Sticky Notes data from my old Windows 7 computer to my new Windows 10 computer version 1903? I have found information on line, but it must be for older versions. Any help would be appreciated....
  9. Windows 10 Sticky Notes

Windows 10 Sticky Notes: Well this has been an issue for me since build 1703, at least that's when I stated to use the Sticky Notes, I'm currently on Build 1809 (17763.316), Well Sticky notes will consume 100% of my CPU, causing things to freeze up and slow down, Like I was playing Forza Horizon 4,...
  10. List of Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    List of Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts on Windows 10: [ATTACH] The latest version of the note-taking app in Windows 10 – Sticky Notes v 3.0 includes new text formatting tools. It also has a hub for all the notes you create and save. This is to keep all your notes in [...] This post List of Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts on...