Windows 10: Can I prevent Windows 10 from changing my defaults?

Discus and support Can I prevent Windows 10 from changing my defaults? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It is highly annoying to have .pdf files open in Edge instead of Adobe reader, but setting the default app on .pdf does not last long!!! Same with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ron Carr, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Ron Carr Win User

Can I prevent Windows 10 from changing my defaults?

It is highly annoying to have .pdf files open in Edge instead of Adobe reader, but setting the default app on .pdf does not last long!!!

Same with Grove vs Media Player.

Ron

:)

Ron Carr, Aug 15, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 15, 2018
  3. How to change the default font on Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you willing to change the default font on Windows 10. I will be glad to help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.

• Click on System

• There’s a slider on this page that you can use to change the size of text, apps and other items.

I hope the above information helps. If you have any other queries related to Windows10 products, feel free to reply and I'll be happy to further assist you.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Can I prevent Windows 10 from changing my defaults?

Change default media player in Windows 10

I want to change my default printer but there is no way to do this in Windows 10. When I right click on the printer that I want as my default there is no choice that says make this default printer. Somehow the choice that is chosen is the fax part of the
    printer. Why is this so complicated? When I look on the Windows website it shows what to do for Windows 7 and the info is incorrect for Windows 10. When I went into Default Programs as was suggested my Ashish Sondhi there was no info as to how to choose
    a default printer. Please help.

Francine-223, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Can I prevent Windows 10 from changing my defaults?

1. Can I prevent Windows 10 from changing my defaults? - Similar Threads - prevent changing defaults

2. How can I prevent OneDrive from being the default location for everything?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I prevent OneDrive from being the default location for everything?: I use OneDrive for personal documents only, yet it is the default repository for Izotope Ozone and Nectar, Filmora, Native Instruments, EQ Apo... etc. I don't want this junk not junk in itself but junk in my personal documents.PC Settings: 'New documents will save to...
  3. My default apps Preventing MS from changing settings

in Windows 10 Support
    My default apps Preventing MS from changing settings: I use Irfanview 64 bit as my default image viewer app. It has been a while since I tried accessing my images. Today I noticed that the tools menu was missing from this app. I finally figured out that the toolbar skin had been changed from Default to some other setting. I went...
  4. Preventing Windows from unauthorized changing of default sound devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preventing Windows from unauthorized changing of default sound devices: Hey folks, I handle many audio devices on my Windows PC. And successfully so, as long as Windows is distracted. There is the Realtek system audio. Then all three Monitors bring their audio capabilities and drivers through HDMI and Display Port and the projector as well. There...
  5. Prevent Windows from Changing Default PDF App

Prevent Windows from Changing Default PDF App: I'm using Nitro pro as my default pdf reader, editor. Win 10 keeps changing it every time to MS Edge. How can I stop this behaviour? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prevent-windows-from-changing-default-pdf-app/12c74e04-52d8-45bc-b8a6-95aeaa200df9
  6. Prevent Logmein from Changing Default Printer

Prevent Logmein from Changing Default Printer: Hi, Logmein seemingly has an ongoing, unsolved issue and I wondered if there's a Windows solution to it. When logging in remotely, Logmein finds any remotely connected printer and sets it as the default printer for the host computer. This is silly to start with, but...
  7. Can I change my default monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I change my default monitor?: So here's my situation. I have 2 monitors set up. Right now, Windows identifies my right-hand monitor as "1", and my left as "2". I want "2" to be my primary monitor, so my games/apps open there. I don't want to just swap them in the display settings as that would cause the...
  8. How to prevent Windows 10 to change my default PDF-handler?

How to prevent Windows 10 to change my default PDF-handler?: I'm using Windows 10 on three computers. After updating Windows, my default handler of PDF-files is changed to Edge. I want to use Acrobat Reader....
  9. Windows 10 - Sign-In Options - Prevent Default Sign-In From Changing?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 - Sign-In Options - Prevent Default Sign-In From Changing?: I've used the password sign-in option for years until I recently started using the fingerprint option in hopes that it might be more convenient. However I've noticed that the default sign-in option always changes to the one last-used. I am satisfied with the password option...
  10. Can I change the default browser in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I change the default browser in Windows 10?: Is there any way to change a default browser? I am currently using Chrome but prefer to use Edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-change-the-default-browser-in-windows-10/19455cf3-61b8-4fd0-8ad4-cce36e80dbdc