Windows 10: Can i put W10 back on my Laptop free ?

Discus and support Can i put W10 back on my Laptop free ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Laptop that had Windows 7 pro on it originally which i upgraded to Windows 10 pro, all was fine until i had a hard drive crash, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terminator, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Can i put W10 back on my Laptop free ?

Hi,

I have a Laptop that had Windows 7 pro on it originally which i upgraded to Windows 10 pro, all was fine until i had a hard drive crash, so wiped the drive and put Ubuntu on it. Not getting on with Ubuntu and was wondering am i still able to put Windows 10 back on it FREE or have i now lost the chance and will have to pay ?

:)

Terminator, Sep 30, 2017
  2. momoXL Win User

I have factory reset my laptop, so it reverted back to Windows 8.1, how can i get back w10

Hey Guys,

I got my free upgrade to W10 when its released, i have been using it since then, however my laptop got some problem so i have used factory reset option, it reverted back to W8.1 jus like when i bought the Laptop. So, i lost my free upgrade to W10? if not
    how can i get it back. Kindly help.

Thanks in Advance

Sai

momoXL, Sep 30, 2017
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10

After installing W10 then reverting back to W7 can you use the Microsoft Update tool to reinstall W10 after the free upgrade has expired? Also do I need to do the W10 download for both Home and Pro as I have Ultimate on one of my laptops and have reverted
    both back to W7?

Ray McCabe, Sep 30, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Can i put W10 back on my Laptop free ?

Just clean install it and skip key entry - it will activate automatically. No need to pay.

cereberus, Sep 30, 2017
  5. Thank you so much for you reply, you have put my mind at ease, I will start the re-install this evening.

All the best to you
    *Smile

Terminator, Sep 30, 2017
  6. FerchogtX Win User
    If you use the media creation tool to create an ISO or USB, the installer will automatically skip the part where you set a key or you choose a windows version, it will install the original edition that came with your laptop, of course, without all the bloatware.

I know... I'm late XD

FerchogtX, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can i put W10 back on my Laptop free ?

1. Can i put W10 back on my Laptop free ? - Similar Threads - put W10 Laptop

2. back up my laptop so I can put everything on to my new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    back up my laptop so I can put everything on to my new computer: What is the best way to back up my laptop so I can put all files on to my new computer. I have windows 10. Thank you. Is USB flash okay? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-my-laptop-so-i-can-put-everything-on-to-my/7749991a-2874-4fba-8290-c5ba23ac83a5
  3. Can I put a caddy to my Laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I put a caddy to my Laptop?: I have a Lenovo 110-15ISK Laptop Ideapad - Type 80UD. Processor: IntelR CoreTM i3-6100U CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2301 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors Can I put a caddy to my laptop? Then, put the HDD into the caddy and the SSD inside? What I am planning to upgrade my laptop:...
  4. Upgrade To W10....For Free

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade To W10....For Free: It may be a dumb question, but I have recently read that you can still upgrade from W7 to W10, for FREE?.....is this correct, despite the free upgrade supposedly ending about four years ago......I have an old laptop that was last used about TEN years ago, and am trying to...
  5. How To Put Windows Back On My Laptop ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Put Windows Back On My Laptop ?: Hello, I bought a old Thinkpad T530 off ebay, months ago. I accidently wrote over Windows with Linux. I thought, oh damn !! I have to spend $130.00 for a copy of Windows or just buy another cheap Thinkpad for that price or alittle more with Windows installed. I contacted to...
  6. Free program to put laptop into hibernate or sleep or coma

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Free program to put laptop into hibernate or sleep or coma: Does anyone have a suggestion as to the best 'free' program to put a laptop into hibernate or sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-program-to-put-laptop-into-hibernate-or-sleep/a143219d-c859-40c1-8eb3-e2ea859c3e3e
  7. I can´t change the resolution of my laptop in w10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can´t change the resolution of my laptop in w10: i have a default resolution of 800*600, which doesn't allow me to see well some programs. I have had ubuntu and w8 in the same laptop and i could change the resolution. Any idea of what can i do :( ? Thanks....
  8. Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu: I have a Laptop that originally had Windows 7 Pro on it, which i upgraded to W10 . However i wiped W10 from it to try out Ubuntu, now i am finding more and more Windows programs that i need will not run on Ubuntu. My question, Can i put W10 back onto it without a fee as i...
  9. Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu: I have a Laptop that originally had Windows 7 Pro on it, which i upgraded to W10 . However i wiped W10 from it to try out Ubuntu, now i am finding more and more Windows programs that i need will not run on Ubuntu. My question, Can i put W10 back onto it without a fee as i...
  10. Free upgrade to W10 and go back to W7: do I keep the free upgrade?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free upgrade to W10 and go back to W7: do I keep the free upgrade?: I don't want to update to W10 yet and I have read that I cannot keep my current W7 installation along with a free upgraded a W10 from the same W7 key. So, if I do the free upgrade from W7 to W10 and then go back to W7, will I keep the free upgrade on this PC if I install W10...