Windows 10: Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu

Discus and support Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Laptop that originally had Windows 7 Pro on it, which i upgraded to W10 . However i wiped W10 from it to try out Ubuntu, now i am finding more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terminator, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu

I have a Laptop that originally had Windows 7 Pro on it, which i upgraded to W10 .
    However i wiped W10 from it to try out Ubuntu, now i am finding more and more Windows programs that i need will not run on Ubuntu.

My question, Can i put W10 back onto it without a fee as i had W10 on it before, or am i stuck with Ubuntu ?

Hope you can advise me.

Thank you

:)

Terminator, Jul 23, 2018
  2. rboppy Win User

Networking issue - Windows and Ubuntu

Went on a short trip, took my Windows 10 laptop, turned off the Ubuntu computer and my wife's Windows 10 computer. When I returned, I turned everything back on and nether Windows computer could see the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS computer. On the Ubuntu computer, Files/Network clicking on Windows Network received "Unable to access location - Failed to retrieve share list from server: No such file or directory" error. Both Windows computers were able to use the Ubuntu before the trip.

Any suggestions?

rboppy, Jul 23, 2018
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Gymbos Win User

Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu

Networking problem between Windows and Ubuntu

Went on a short trip, took my Windows 10 laptop, turned off the Ubuntu computer and my wife's Windows 10 computer. When I returned, I turned everything back on and nether Windows computer could see the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS computer. On the Ubuntu computer,
    Files/Network clicking on Windows Network received "Unable to access location - Failed to retrieve share list from server: No such file or directory" error. Both Windows computers were able to use the Ubuntu before the trip.

Any suggestions?

Gymbos, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu

1. Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu - Similar Threads - put W10 laptop

2. Putting windows back on a laptop that had ubuntu on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Putting windows back on a laptop that had ubuntu on it: I purchased a HP Pavilion x360 a little over a year ago that came with Windows 10 Home on it. A few months after purchasing it I switched the OS to Ubuntu. However, now I want to switch back to Windows 10 Home. Do i need to purchase Windows 10 Home or is there a way that I...
  3. Putting windows back on a laptop that had ubuntu on it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Putting windows back on a laptop that had ubuntu on it: I purchased a HP Pavilion x360 a little over a year ago that came with Windows 10 Home on it. A few months after purchasing it I switched the OS to Ubuntu. However, now I want to switch back to Windows 10 Home. Do i need to purchase Windows 10 Home or is there a way that I...
  4. Putting windows back on a laptop that had ubuntu on it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can I put a caddy to my Laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I put a caddy to my Laptop?: I have a Lenovo 110-15ISK Laptop Ideapad - Type 80UD. Processor: IntelR CoreTM i3-6100U CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2301 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors Can I put a caddy to my laptop? Then, put the HDD into the caddy and the SSD inside? What I am planning to upgrade my laptop:...
  6. Replacing UBUNTU with W10

Replacing UBUNTU with W10: Hello All, Am about to replace Ubuntu with W10 on my laptop - have legit key. I have downloaded current W10 using MCT and created bootable flash drive using another PC. What do I need to do to my laptop before I start the W10 install ie wipe/reformat etc ? Or will the flash...
  7. Replacing Ubuntu with W10 on Laptop

Replacing Ubuntu with W10 on Laptop: Hello All, I have a good fairly new laptop running Ubuntu - plenty of RAM, storage etc. I have an unused legitimate W10 key and want to replace the Ubuntu OS with a new W10 2004 installation. Plenty of W10 installation experience on various PCs before but have never replaced...
  8. Can I Replace My Laptop Fan?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can I Replace My Laptop Fan?: My Laptop is a 2015 Windows 10 HP BeatsAudio 8gb RAM and Pavilion 17. The fan has been roughly loud and annoying lately getting noisy for absolutely no reasons. No viruses and it has been cleaned thoroughly....
  9. Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu

Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu: I have a Laptop that originally had Windows 7 Pro on it, which i upgraded to W10 . However i wiped W10 from it to try out Ubuntu, now i am finding more and more Windows programs that i need will not run on Ubuntu. My question, Can i put W10 back onto it without a fee as i...
  10. Can i put W10 back on my Laptop free ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i put W10 back on my Laptop free ?: Hi, I have a Laptop that had Windows 7 pro on it originally which i upgraded to Windows 10 pro, all was fine until i had a hard drive crash, so wiped the drive and put Ubuntu on it. Not getting on with Ubuntu and was wondering am i still able to put Windows 10 back on it...