Windows 10: Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu

Discus and support Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Laptop that originally had Windows 7 Pro on it, which i upgraded to W10 . However i wiped W10 from it to try out Ubuntu, now i am finding more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terminator, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu

I have a Laptop that originally had Windows 7 Pro on it, which i upgraded to W10 .
    However i wiped W10 from it to try out Ubuntu, now i am finding more and more Windows programs that i need will not run on Ubuntu.

My question, Can i put W10 back onto it without a fee as i had W10 on it before, or am i stuck with Ubuntu ?

Hope you can advise me.

Thank you

:)

Terminator, Jul 23, 2018
  2. rboppy Win User

Networking issue - Windows and Ubuntu

Went on a short trip, took my Windows 10 laptop, turned off the Ubuntu computer and my wife's Windows 10 computer. When I returned, I turned everything back on and nether Windows computer could see the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS computer. On the Ubuntu computer, Files/Network clicking on Windows Network received "Unable to access location - Failed to retrieve share list from server: No such file or directory" error. Both Windows computers were able to use the Ubuntu before the trip.

Any suggestions?

rboppy, Jul 23, 2018
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Gymbos Win User

Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu

Networking problem between Windows and Ubuntu

Went on a short trip, took my Windows 10 laptop, turned off the Ubuntu computer and my wife's Windows 10 computer. When I returned, I turned everything back on and nether Windows computer could see the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS computer. On the Ubuntu computer,
    Files/Network clicking on Windows Network received "Unable to access location - Failed to retrieve share list from server: No such file or directory" error. Both Windows computers were able to use the Ubuntu before the trip.

Any suggestions?

Gymbos, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu

1. Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu - Similar Threads - put W10 laptop

2. Can I get my Outlook Contacts back after reinstalling W10 and O10?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can I get my Outlook Contacts back after reinstalling W10 and O10?: OK, I reinstalled W10 and Office 2010. I use outlook.com as my email. I lost all my contacts and calendar information. I did try to save my ost file before reinstalling. But I read that is not actually transferable. Is there some way for me to get that data back by moving...
  3. Can I Replace My Laptop Fan?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can I Replace My Laptop Fan?: My Laptop is a 2015 Windows 10 HP BeatsAudio 8gb RAM and Pavilion 17. The fan has been roughly loud and annoying lately getting noisy for absolutely no reasons. No viruses and it has been cleaned thoroughly....
  4. I can´t change the resolution of my laptop in w10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can´t change the resolution of my laptop in w10: i have a default resolution of 800*600, which doesn't allow me to see well some programs. I have had ubuntu and w8 in the same laptop and i could change the resolution. Any idea of what can i do :( ? Thanks....
  5. How can I put a picture on my desktop - not as background

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I put a picture on my desktop - not as background: I have a picture I want to see on my desktop. I can only get it on the desktop as a shortcut to the file (jpg) containing the picture (and tiny icon) or as an ico file being a tiny icon too small to see properly. Note - I use small icons as I have a huge number on the...
  6. Can I put antivirus on my Lumia 535?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I put antivirus on my Lumia 535?: I am using microsoft lumia 535 mobile and i would like to know how can i put a antivirus for my phone. Is that important to put. I need a quick reply. Thank you. * Original title: security...
  7. how do I put my printer on line so that I can print from my laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I put my printer on line so that I can print from my laptop?: My laptop is saying that my wireless printer is off line how do I fix this issue? It was working fine until I changed the password on my modem/router....
  8. Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu: I have a Laptop that originally had Windows 7 Pro on it, which i upgraded to W10 . However i wiped W10 from it to try out Ubuntu, now i am finding more and more Windows programs that i need will not run on Ubuntu. My question, Can i put W10 back onto it without a fee as i...
  9. Can i put W10 back on my Laptop free ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i put W10 back on my Laptop free ?: Hi, I have a Laptop that had Windows 7 pro on it originally which i upgraded to Windows 10 pro, all was fine until i had a hard drive crash, so wiped the drive and put Ubuntu on it. Not getting on with Ubuntu and was wondering am i still able to put Windows 10 back on it...
  10. How can I put a small image on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I put a small image on my desktop?: How can I put a small image or photo on my desktop? 74306