Windows 10: Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu

Discus and support Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Laptop that originally had Windows 7 Pro on it, which i upgraded to W10 . However i wiped W10 from it to try out Ubuntu, now i am finding more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terminator, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu

I have a Laptop that originally had Windows 7 Pro on it, which i upgraded to W10 .
    However i wiped W10 from it to try out Ubuntu, now i am finding more and more Windows programs that i need will not run on Ubuntu.

My question, Can i put W10 back onto it without a fee as i had W10 on it before, or am i stuck with Ubuntu ?

Hope you can advise me.

Thank you

:)

Terminator, Jul 23, 2018
  2. rboppy Win User

Networking issue - Windows and Ubuntu

Went on a short trip, took my Windows 10 laptop, turned off the Ubuntu computer and my wife's Windows 10 computer. When I returned, I turned everything back on and nether Windows computer could see the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS computer. On the Ubuntu computer, Files/Network clicking on Windows Network received "Unable to access location - Failed to retrieve share list from server: No such file or directory" error. Both Windows computers were able to use the Ubuntu before the trip.

Any suggestions?

rboppy, Jul 23, 2018
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Gymbos Win User

Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu

Networking problem between Windows and Ubuntu

Went on a short trip, took my Windows 10 laptop, turned off the Ubuntu computer and my wife's Windows 10 computer. When I returned, I turned everything back on and nether Windows computer could see the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS computer. On the Ubuntu computer,
    Files/Network clicking on Windows Network received "Unable to access location - Failed to retrieve share list from server: No such file or directory" error. Both Windows computers were able to use the Ubuntu before the trip.

Any suggestions?

Gymbos, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu

1. Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu - Similar Threads - put W10 laptop

2. I can´t change the resolution of my laptop in w10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can´t change the resolution of my laptop in w10: i have a default resolution of 800*600, which doesn't allow me to see well some programs. I have had ubuntu and w8 in the same laptop and i could change the resolution. Any idea of what can i do :( ? Thanks....
  3. How can I put a picture on my desktop - not as background

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I put a picture on my desktop - not as background: I have a picture I want to see on my desktop. I can only get it on the desktop as a shortcut to the file (jpg) containing the picture (and tiny icon) or as an ico file being a tiny icon too small to see properly. Note - I use small icons as I have a huge number on the...
  4. Can I put antivirus on my Lumia 535?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I put antivirus on my Lumia 535?: I am using microsoft lumia 535 mobile and i would like to know how can i put a antivirus for my phone. Is that important to put. I need a quick reply. Thank you. * Original title: security...
  5. how do I put my printer on line so that I can print from my laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I put my printer on line so that I can print from my laptop?: My laptop is saying that my wireless printer is off line how do I fix this issue? It was working fine until I changed the password on my modem/router....
  6. Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can i put W10 back on my laptop to replace Ubuntu: I have a Laptop that originally had Windows 7 Pro on it, which i upgraded to W10 . However i wiped W10 from it to try out Ubuntu, now i am finding more and more Windows programs that i need will not run on Ubuntu. My question, Can i put W10 back onto it without a fee as i...
  7. replacing laptop HDD with SSD after W10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    replacing laptop HDD with SSD after W10 upgrade: replacing laptop HDD with SSD after W10 upgrade and activation If I clean install W10 to the new SSD, will Windows activate automatically..... thanks 45559
  8. Cannot put Cortana back on my taskbar.... HELP! I messed up!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot put Cortana back on my taskbar.... HELP! I messed up!: Ok so, this is my work computer and I did the upgrade to windows 10 and my first reaction was to go thru and get rid of all these apps and things I don't need on a work computer. Well, Cortana was one of the first things to go. Big mistake. I realized later that Cortana was...
  9. Can i put W10 back on my Laptop free ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i put W10 back on my Laptop free ?: Hi, I have a Laptop that had Windows 7 pro on it originally which i upgraded to Windows 10 pro, all was fine until i had a hard drive crash, so wiped the drive and put Ubuntu on it. Not getting on with Ubuntu and was wondering am i still able to put Windows 10 back on it...
  10. How can I put a small image on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I put a small image on my desktop?: How can I put a small image or photo on my desktop? 74306