Windows 10: Can I Quickly; Easily Simplify and De-Clutter Windows 10

Discus and support Can I Quickly; Easily Simplify and De-Clutter Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After several weeks, I've feel I have the basics of Win 10 down. However, it's become clear my small office would do better without all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KT7307, Sep 6, 2015.

1. KT7307 Win User

Can I Quickly; Easily Simplify and De-Clutter Windows 10

After several weeks, I've feel I have the basics of Win 10 down. However, it's become clear my small office would do better without all the "distractions". Before I revert back to Win 7, I'd thought I would check to see if there's a Easy and near fool proof way to do away with the "fluff" and turn Windows 10 into the work horse Windows 7 is?

I've little doubt this has been discussed before and I did do a "quick" search. So plse forgive and point me to the threads that might help me simplify and de-clutter Windows 10.

Thx in advance, Kevin

:)

KT7307, Sep 6, 2015
  2. jtw2006 Win User

How Do I Enable the Search Box in Windows 10?

Honest to god, I have followed every da*(# thing I can find on the internet and STILL can not get Windows 10 to show the search box. With each update, this operating is getting so very d#*$ cluttered and screwed up that it's quickly turning into a dud.

jtw2006, Sep 6, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Sep 6, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, it might help if you could specify what you regard as 'fluff', then someone could suggest how to avoid what you wish to avoid.. opinions would naturally differ.

E.g. Try replacing the start menu with Class Shell. That gives a much more conventional start menu with search, avoiding tiles and modern apps.

dalchina, Sep 8, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
    ..sorry Classic Shell *Wink

dalchina, Sep 8, 2015
  6. KT7307 Win User
    I mistakenly thought classic shell was not available, thx for the info.

KT7307, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I Quickly; Easily Simplify and De-Clutter Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Quickly Easily Simplify

2. How to enable Simplified Quick Settings in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Simplified Quick Settings in Windows 11: [IMG]In this post, we will help you enable simplified Quick Settings on Windows 11 computers. Windows 11 lets you access and use Wi-Fi, Project, Mobile hotspot, Nearby sharing, Bluetooth, Cast, Airplane mode, Night light, and other options using its Quick Settings feature and...
  3. Steps to de-clutter windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Steps to de-clutter windows?: I’ve been noticing my system has become a little slow in response time and was curious, what little things can I do that make the system a little snappier? submitted by /u/PotatoshavePockets [link] [comments]...
  4. Linux can easily bypass windows 10 password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Linux can easily bypass windows 10 password?: If I can access my hard drives without needing my Windows password using a bootable USB drive, what is stopping someone from inserting malware into my system while I'm away? What are some safety measures needed against this?...
  5. How can I QUICKLY and EASILY INSTANTLY delete the 4TB MountUUP folder?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I QUICKLY and EASILY INSTANTLY delete the 4TB MountUUP folder?: Currently Build 19033 How can I QUICKLY and EASILY INSTANTLY delete the 4 TeraByte plus MountUUP folder??? I downloaded Build 19035 from UUPDump and when it's creating the ISO file it creates this folder in the root of the drive where you've downloaded the new build. It...
  6. Can I index a folder quickly in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I index a folder quickly in Windows 10?: I noticed that indexing takes a long time. I wonder if there's a way to quickly index a folder quickly, such as if you notice that it's not correctly indexed (searches doesn't give expected results in File Explorer). 142383
  7. Desktop clutter

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop clutter: I don't want a cluttering mess of tiles for apps and programs that I don't even want. How do I get back to my own desktop, with icons that I actually chose and use? I had it all set up, then an update came through and ruined it!...
  8. How Can I Switch Between Themes Easily?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Can I Switch Between Themes Easily?: How can I switch between win themes easily? Is it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut? 107161
  9. Simplifying kiosk management for IT with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Simplifying kiosk management for IT with Windows 10: This post outlines the investments Microsoft is making to simplify the configuration and management of kiosk devices, improving Windows 10 as a kiosk platform for IT organizations. Our investments in kiosk and Firstline Worker scenarios are part of a bigger mission to...
  10. De-clutter your inbox in Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    De-clutter your inbox in Office 365: Today we are beginning the roll out of Clutter to Office 365 business customers, which brings the power of Office Graph to your inbox. Clutter is designed to help you focus on the most important messages in your inbox. It uses machine learning to de-clutter your inbox by...