Windows 10: Can I remove but not delete MS email account from user account?

Discus and support Can I remove but not delete MS email account from user account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello. I've been using Windows 10 for weeks. Until today, it started up just fine by displaying my name and no email address. This is exactly how I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Dutch, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Dutch Win User

Can I remove but not delete MS email account from user account?

Hello.

I've been using Windows 10 for weeks. Until today, it started up just fine by displaying my name and no email address. This is exactly how I want it to be.

Today when Win 10 would not recognize a printer, in order to download an "app" to help with this, I was required to provide a Microsoft email account, which I did (an old Hotmail account I rarely use). Now when I restart or wake up the computer, that old Hotmail account appears as "Administrator". However, I do NOT want that old Hotmail email address associated with this computer.

How can I remove it and get back to logging in with NO associated email address?

NOTE: I do not want to delete the old Hotmail account; just want to remove it from my Windows 10 "Account" menu (My name + Hotmail address + "Administrator").

In case it's required to associate Win 10 with an email address, I use Windows Live Essentials with a company email address. I tried adding it via the "Other Account" option, but Win 10 said it did not recognize the email address I entered, sigh.

I saw threads with a similar question but not quite the same.

Thanks for any help!

:)

Dutch, Mar 6, 2016
  2. DeniseDay Win User

Emails' identical and forwarded from deleted account.

A brief Snap Shot:

On my home computer, while Microsoft 10 installed I was instructed to create a log on Microsoft account, later, I followed up with two alias email accounts, for example: Microsoft@outlook and (2) *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

Today, I realized I had been logging onto Windows 10 local user account and not as an Administrator, one was never established. Immediately, I created a new User Account and made myself Administrator. I was prompted to create a new Microsoft Account, example:
    *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and (1) *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

Problem-1

When I created the new log on *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, I used the same email address as Local log on only the passwords are different. In addition, my alias email is my recovery account which I had deleted from Gmail for security reasons. To verify I am actually the Microsoft account
    user, security needs me to check email for code. Since the account no longer exists, I am unable to retrieve code or delete email from security setting.

In order to resolve the issue, I tried to re-create same email address using Google, but Gmail informed me address already taken. So then, I attempted to sign into deleted account but it informed email address doesn't exist.

I have sent test emails and received all including new User Account on computer, but when I logged in as local user, I have this message, "email is not up-to-date", and, "sign into *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account", which have identical email addressees' meaning I'm
    logging into local account as Administrator. The changes will affect................???!!!!!

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

In local user, do I create new log on MS account then delete existing?

Are all accounts synced which means would delete Administrator user account that is tied into

deleted recovery account?

Should I create Alias in Administrator with same recovery address then forward before deleting Local MS account?

I am a HOT mess!

Kindest regards,

DeniseDay, Mar 6, 2016
  3. How to remove my user account on Windows 10 64-bit?

If I delete my user account ( micro soft account) on the laptop that I am about to give to my nephew, will that delete the account that my other machines use ( loss of email, edge browser etc) or will it remove the account from the lap top only? He needs
    to set up his own MS account when he gets the machine.

Thanks in advance.

George

GEORGELYCHE, Mar 6, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

You have converted your local user account to a Microsoft account. It's easy to switch back to a local account, just follow the instructions in this tutorial: Local Account - Switch to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

When you have switched back to a local account and you want to download another app from the Windows Store, follow the instructions in this tutorial (Method Two, Step 5) to keep using your local account to sign in to Windows and only use a Microsoft account to sign in to Store: Store - Sign in with Different Account in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

A useful tutorial to learn the difference between a local account and a Microsoft account: Local Account or Microsoft Account - How to Tell in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Mar 7, 2016
  5. Dutch Win User
    Thanks. I had tried that before but my mistake was that I tried to use my name which was associated with or linked to the Hotmail account when we entered it to download the app. This note was helpful: "You will not be able to use a user name that has already been used for existing user profiles, and will have to type a different name instead."

Question: Can I now delete the Hotmail account from Windows 10? If I can do that, then afterwards, I'd like to try to add another account and use my name again.

Appreciate your help Can I remove but not delete MS email account from user account? :)

Dutch, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I remove but not delete MS email account from user account? - Similar Threads - remove delete email

2. How can I delete a Microsoft account from a user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I delete a Microsoft account from a user: I need a way to delete a Microsoft account from a user back to an account with no Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-delete-a-microsoft-account-from-a-user/b58ec84e-9c36-4b46-b755-284ae2bdb777
  3. How to delete MS account for a deleted Outlook email?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to delete MS account for a deleted Outlook email?: Hi, I have used a MS account on my laptop, and now everytime I turn it on it shows that I need to go to Settings because a work or school account has a problem. It turns out that this may be because the account is registered with an Outlook email which was the official email...
  4. Remove deleted mail account from Email & accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove deleted mail account from Email & accounts: Hello, I wanted to remove my old school account from Email & accounts, but I can't do this because I need to login that mail before removing it from the list. The problem is that because I graduated that email account doesn't exist anymore therefor I can't login to remove...
  5. Remove unknown emails from user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove unknown emails from user account: On my wife's Windows 10 PC, she has or had a local account, while I have a windows account synced across several machines. We've just noticed that this appears to have been switched to a windows account, linked to a couple of email addresses, neither of which she recognises....
  6. user accounts - can I delete a user account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    user accounts - can I delete a user account?: can I delete a user account in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-accounts-can-i-delete-a-user-account/915ac1a1-46cd-42f4-bdcd-e917405b8ae9"
  7. Remove account from Email & Accounts setting

Remove account from Email & Accounts setting: When I am under Settings > Accounts > Email $ Accounts, there is an account under 'Accounts used by other apps' that does not give me the option to remove. I am using the administrator account on this PC. My only option when clicking the account that I want to remove is...
  8. deleting a user account/users email and info

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting a user account/users email and info: I just swopped for this machine and need to know how to delete her user info(name and e-mail address) from it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-user-accountusers-email-and-info/3cad0258-727e-422c-99cb-a4a9dfe6a24a"
  9. I would like to delete an EMAIL account, NOT a USER account.

I would like to delete an EMAIL account, NOT a USER account.: Under Windows Settings > Accounts > Email & app accounts > Accounts used by other apps: I would like to delete an EMAIL account, NOT a USER account. Everything on here tells how to delete a USER account. That's not what I'm after. When there is no simple DELETE button, how...
  10. Remove an Email & Apps account (not a user account)

Remove an Email & Apps account (not a user account): I had previously logged in to my work OneDrive account on my personal computer. I have now left the company and my account (Office365) has now been closed on their end but I constantly get issue notifications that there is a problem with my account but I can't seem to remove...