Windows 10: Can I restore Windows to how it was before a Reset

Discus and support Can I restore Windows to how it was before a Reset in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have done a Reset in Windows and wish I had not. I also did not do a back-up prior to resetting. Is there any way it is possible to go back to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by JJRFAN, Aug 19, 2018.

1. JJRFAN Win User

Can I restore Windows to how it was before a Reset

I have done a Reset in Windows and wish I had not. I also did not do a back-up prior to resetting. Is there any way it is possible to go back to the way things were prior to the reset? I have not made any other changes since resetting in the hope this will be possible.

:)

JJRFAN, Aug 19, 2018

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Aug 19, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    • Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    • Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    • click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Can I restore Windows to how it was before a Reset [​IMG]
    • Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    • Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Aug 19, 2018
  4. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I restore Windows to how it was before a Reset - Similar Threads - restore was before

2. How can I restore apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I restore apps?: Monday, September 11, my laptop contained microsoft office apps such as excel and word. Yesterday the apps were removed. I had not used the computer. Unable to do a restore last update was more than 10 days ago. How can I get my office apps back?...
  3. How can I restore apps?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I restore apps?: Monday, September 11, my laptop contained microsoft office apps such as excel and word. Yesterday the apps were removed. I had not used the computer. Unable to do a restore last update was more than 10 days ago. How can I get my office apps back?...
  4. how do i restore to a point before a factory reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i restore to a point before a factory reset?: i need to see if i can go back and copy what was on my sticky notes. i selected the option to retain all my data but the sticky notes were erased....
  5. how do i restore to a point before a factory reset?

how do i restore to a point before a factory reset?: i need to see if i can go back and copy what was on my sticky notes. i selected the option to retain all my data but the sticky notes were erased....
  6. how do i restore to a point before a factory reset?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How can I restore my utility apps after reset ?

How can I restore my utility apps after reset ?: My, PC windows 10 had some problems in restart... When I clicked troubleshoot it said to reset. There were 2 options in it :1. to keep my files2. to remove all files and reset the PCi clicked option 1 to keep my files. but, the files like docx, ppt, and word were only kept,...
  8. How can i restore my Microsoft Store after i reset it?

How can i restore my Microsoft Store after i reset it?: I resetted my microsoft store because i was trying something out. Now i cant download anything and I have tried methods from Youtube and Google like using the powershell app etc. Please help....
  9. How can I restore my apps and settings after a reset?

How can I restore my apps and settings after a reset?: How can I restore my apps and settings after a reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-restore-my-apps-and-settings-after-a/178b12b6-2aba-4eec-a437-596b4e06fbde
  10. How to restore my dell laptop to the same state as it was before i resetted it.

How to restore my dell laptop to the same state as it was before i resetted it.: I resetted my dell laptop using windows 10 & i sele ,selected clear all files. Now i logged in as an administrator. Nothing is operable. To open a file I have to search the files using windows key +R then browse option. Nothing is shoisho on desktop. Personalization menu not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore before a reset

2. restore before windows reset

3. restore before reset

4. restore as it was before,
  5. can i restore pc if i reset,
  6. restore windows to before reset,
  7. how to restore pc to how it was before a reset