Windows 10: Can I rollback from Fall Creators without wiping/reinstalling?

Discus and support Can I rollback from Fall Creators without wiping/reinstalling? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My roommate updated Windows and seems to be having issues related to display drivers. The log in screen flashes and doesn't accept peripheral inputs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by wintercat, Jan 20, 2018.

1. wintercat Win User

Can I rollback from Fall Creators without wiping/reinstalling?

My roommate updated Windows and seems to be having issues related to display drivers. The log in screen flashes and doesn't accept peripheral inputs. The PC boots into BIOS and accepts input in the UEFI just fine. We've restarted and tried different displays.

Also, of course he doesn't have a system restore point or anything.

:)

wintercat, Jan 20, 2018
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jan 20, 2018
  3. cecilcp Win User
    windows update and store problem error (0x80240439)

Hi

I can't rollback as I wiped and reinstalled the creators update from scratch to try and fix this issue. The issue still persists.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Cecil.

cecilcp, Jan 20, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, a few people find they have to use an OLDER graphics driver. A few people find they need to update their BIOS.

You can 'Go back to previous' within 10 days of upgrading and should be as you were if all goes well. You can start that from Advanced Startup options (e.g. SHIFT + left click on any Restart) or by booting from Win 10 install medium.

Go Back to the Previous Version of Windows in Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

System Restore points are ONLY applicable to a single build. They are wiped when upgrading, else you'd be restoring 1703 system files into a 1709 build, for example, which would be silly, not to mention registry and driver changes between builds.

Please also consider using disk imaging which all regular contributors here use. Helps recover even from disk failure or ransomware and acts as a full backup. E.g. Macrium Reflect (free). Thus you can recover quickly to a previous good state without technical help.

dalchina, Jan 20, 2018
  5. zbook New Member
    zbook, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I rollback from Fall Creators without wiping/reinstalling? - Similar Threads - rollback Fall Creators

2. Can i rollback without worrying?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i rollback without worrying?: Hello!So recently, i have upgraded to windows 11 23h2. I like it very much there, but i'm still planning to rollback after 5 days. As far as i know, the option to roll back in the "Recovery" page stays only for 10 days.Can i rollback to windows 10 safely without worrying?...
  3. Can i rollback without worrying?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i rollback without worrying?: Hello!So recently, i have upgraded to windows 11 23h2. I like it very much there, but i'm still planning to rollback after 5 days. As far as i know, the option to roll back in the "Recovery" page stays only for 10 days.Can i rollback to windows 10 safely without worrying?...
  4. reinstall windows without wiping data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstall windows without wiping data: I'll start off with saying I'm an idiot for not backing up my files before my pc crashed and gave me the blue screen of death. Is there a way to reinstall windows and still keep my files on my hard drive? Can I use the installation media from a usb without wiping my computer?...
  5. Fall creators update.

Fall creators update.: How do i stop or block this virus you call the fall creators update, 3 times this year it's uploaded itself onto my computer and every time i've had to revert to the previous build. Each time it installs itself i loose 3-4 hours of work time because i can't use my computer,...
  6. Creators Update rollback possible?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update rollback possible?: I am using the upgrade assistant to download the Creators Update and have a screenshot that states "It's easy to go back if you don't like it." I currently have Version 1607 OS Build 14393.1198 Windows 10 Home. I had read that Version 1703 is the more secure Windows 10...
  7. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  8. fall creator update

fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  9. Fall Creators Update

Fall Creators Update: I just bit the bullet and went to Microsoft site and tried to install it. It hung up stuck on 24% and stayed there for an hour so I pulled the plug and it has gone back to the previous version. Now what? 99881
  10. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....