Windows 10: Can I run a virtual windows in Windows 10 for Android?

Discus and support Can I run a virtual windows in Windows 10 for Android? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'd like to run Android apps in a virtual window in Windows 10. Local cable co offers the ability to watch channels portably but only if you have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jayv2251, Mar 11, 2017.

1. jayv2251 Win User

Can I run a virtual windows in Windows 10 for Android?

I'd like to run Android apps in a virtual window in Windows 10. Local cable co offers the ability to watch channels portably but only if you have Android or iOS. The other option is my wife uses our Roku to watch cable, but I'm not always interested in what she's watching.

Secondly, I work from home. There are certain quick, short jobs that require Android instead Windows, this would bolster my income if I could do this.

:)

jayv2251, Mar 11, 2017

2. Can I run a 32bit virtual machine on a 64bit windows 10 system?

how do I know if my pc has VT?

TeresaBalthazar, Mar 11, 2017
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Can I run a 32bit virtual machine on a 64bit windows 10 system?

Hi Teresa,

Installing a 32-bit virtual machine in 64-bit Windows 10 system is possible as long as your processor supports
    Virtualization Technology (VT).

Let us know if you have any questions and/or clarifications.

John Sarc, Mar 11, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

5. Hydranix Win User
    Android x86 can be very buggy at times, and apps sometimes do not work right or at all.

Another option is to use the official Android emulator.

Download the android dev package, which includes the emulator.

Download Android Studio and SDK Tools | Android Studio

I believe the smaller Windows 64 download (No android sdk, no installer) zip file can launch the emulator, but I've not used it in a long time.

I remember several years ago the emulator worked flawlessly.

Information on the emulator...
    Run Apps on the Android Emulator | Android Studio

Hydranix, Mar 11, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    Bluestacks works well but does not like build upgrades - only clean installs. I run it in a second install of w10 just so I can clean install to run it.

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I run a virtual windows in Windows 10 for Android? - Similar Threads - run virtual Android

2. Windows 10 can now run Android apps. Good?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 can now run Android apps. Good?: submitted by /u/verax_mmts [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6e0lx/windows_10_can_now_run_android_apps_good/
  3. Not able run Virtual Box in WIndows-10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able run Virtual Box in WIndows-10: Hi, I have installed Oracle Virtual box in windows-10 but its not able to start any VM , getting below error as VMMR0_DO_NEM_INIT_VM failed: VERR_NEM_MISSING_KERNEL_API_2 VERR_NEM_MISSING_KERNEL_API_2. VT-x is not available VERR_VMX_NO_VMX. Result Code: E_FAIL...
  4. Would running 15 windows 10 Virtual Boxes run better or worse than 15 Android emulators?

Would running 15 windows 10 Virtual Boxes run better or worse than 15 Android emulators?: It would be so much easier if Sandboxie worked but when i open the game with it it just complains about .dll files missing. I am trying to open 15 instances of a windows store game/android store game. 15 Nox players is not really playable. I am hoping there is a better way to...
  5. Running Android in WIndows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running Android in WIndows 10 pro: Is it possible to run android in hyper-V. If it is, how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-android-in-windows-10-pro/a137eea6-fa56-487d-a5ae-ecc728865b36
  6. You can run Windows 10 on iPhone X with Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 News
    You can run Windows 10 on iPhone X with Virtual Machine: Virtual machines (VM) allow you to run the operating systems in an app window on Windows 10. With a virtual machine, you can play around with a completely different operating system and also run apps within that OS in a sandboxed environment. Virtual machines are widely...
  7. This is a Windows 10 phone that can run Android apps

in Windows 10 News
    This is a Windows 10 phone that can run Android apps: Microsoft’s mobile OS experiment ended in January 2020 and the last wave of Windows Mobile devices won’t receive any more updates or patches with features or security improvements. While the journey of Windows on phones has officially ended, a UK-based company said they have...
  8. How can you (if possible) run a Windows 10 virtual machine (on Windows 10) completely for...

How can you (if possible) run a Windows 10 virtual machine (on Windows 10) completely for...: I have virtual box and an exe setup file (to get an iso for Windows 10). Could I use these to run a VM for free, forever? submitted by /u/anotherthrowaway2ns3 [link] [comments]...
  9. How to run Android in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to run Android in Windows 10?: NOTE: I presumed that this is the proper forum to ask about emulators. If is not, please advise! I want to run Android apps, and understand that I need an emulator. What should I do? What is the best FREE one that I can download? Thanks 51401
  10. Running Android apps in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running Android apps in Windows 10 Pro: I have a question about running Android apps on Windows 10 Pro which is what I have. Can this be done and can one get the full functionality of the Android OS and its app? For example can one run AMIDDuOS and get Android to run? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance....